main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC General Zod's dramatic reading of a sorority members angry email

Discussion in 'Community' started by Diggy , Apr 27, 2013.

1. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    I resent that. If I were a hipster I'd own a cat...probably named after a Chuck Pahlaniuk character too.

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
  3. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    That's more like it.

*click*

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Dave, for being such a neohippie, anarchist, free spirited, tree hugging, beer swillin', blunt smokin' nerdtastic dork, you sure do follow a lot of rules.

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm 33, and I know who Cab Calloway was.

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You're 33?

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yes, and????

8. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    You, err, know who Cab Calloway was.

Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Easy enough to know, if you lived in a household where all kinds of music, including swing and jazz were played. Also, I figured out pretty quickly he was more than "Just that guy who guested on the Cosby Show."

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    To be honest, your age is probably the first detail about you I've gleaned outside of your Star Trek, Doctor Who and death obsession. Maybe you're a lab tech too? And now I know your age. I'm not gonna go all Harpuah on your ass, but you're even more anonymous than J Wox round here...

Point Given , Souderwan and Ender_Sai like this.
  11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I value my privacy, but I'm not exactly shy about my age when asked. Tended to keep the creeps away that were only interested in the underage stuff on AIM back when I had AOL.

12. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Stay frosty, Juliet.

Mortimer Snerd and Ender_Sai like this.
  13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'd heard about this chick, but only now read whateverthe**** she had e-mailed. I'm pretty sure she's now learning she's not all that she thought she was. lol Just another dumb *****.

14. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I read the email first and I absolutely laughed my ass off! It's worth reading the email. It's carefully constructed, intentionally un-politic, faux rage. There is not a single spelling or grammar error that I could find. When reading through her twitter feed, there is a similar level of attention to detail that's not that common in today's instant communication. I point all this out to say that I disagree that she got where she is (Chapter President or whatever before she "resigned") because she's hot/pretty/whatever. She's attractive enough, but I suspect she's actually quite competent and that's the real reason for her being tolerated for as long as she has been. I've met people like that in my life and when people complain about them, some (bad) supervisors will say things like "Well, she gets the job done". It's only after their shenanigans become a public embarrassment that they get really dealt with.

That's the great thing about the internet. This young lady will certainly land on her feet and a year from now, her 15 mins of infamy will be up and no one will know who she is. But hopefully she's learned a bit about effective communication and will probably have to live with articulating her new-found wisdom to every potential employer for the next few years.

harpuah likes this.
  15. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
  16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm surprised that...which one is it that usually offers, Vivid? Surprised they didn't make their usualy offer.

I only know of Scores from listening to Howard Stern years ago.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I thought this whole thing was pretty much a storm in a teacup. I don't think she's crazy -- I just think she's one of those people who thinks that being loud and foul-mouthed is the most effective form of communication. I don't particularly agree, but whatever -- can't bring myself to get worked up about it.

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Dammit, I was hoping this was Terrance Stamp reading it too. Maybe they should make a video where Shannon and Stamp read the email together?

19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    As long as Stamp makes Shannon kneel before him at some point.

20. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    are people "worked up" about it? i think most people just thought it was really funny that she was so worked up about sorority stuff. that's certainly the tone of everything ive read about it

Souderwan likes this.
  21. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    More like a storm in a B cup.

Souderwan, Ender_Sai and VadersLaMent like this.
  22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah I mean, that's probably the most sensible response to it.

What I've seen (at least on facebook comments posting the story) is a lot of people ranting at her as an individual or something like that, which to me just looked like being overly dramatic. Don't know why anybody would care why this person was particularly awful in her twitter comments etc.

23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  24. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah. We know the scene Montie.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It sounded like a rant from someone who had waaayyy too much Aristocrat (read: cheap and nasty as hell) liquor, and I'm still not sure what the hell she's so pissed off about other than thinking that she is somehow less lame than the other girls in her sorority and it's all their fault that the Sigma Nu's won't **** her. Or something.

But it was funny as hell.

I never did the sorority thing either, had neither the money nor the inclination and I was far too worried about having to pretend to like people that I really didn't like.