main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Generation gaps among the fans

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by princessnikki, Nov 28, 2012.

?

Are you an original era fan, a Special Edition fan or a Prequel Trilogy Fan?

1. Original Era

98 vote(s)
    61.3%
  2. Special Edition Era

28 vote(s)
    17.5%
  3. Prequel Trilogy Era

28 vote(s)
    17.5%
  4. Haven't seen any movies and the E.U stories are my Star Wars!

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  5. What is Star Wars? Is that the one with Captain Picard?

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Good for you. ;) You did miss us Gen X'ers though. Some of us are tech-savvy and some of them are not.

Episode Swag likes this.
  2. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Born in 86, my two older brothers were already Star Wars fans so I watched the originals at a very young age.

My oldest brother already had a collection of the original toys, then when the Special Editions came out, me, my second oldest brother, and my three younger brothers starting collecting toys as well. About 8 years ago I somehow managed to get possession of each of my 5 brothers toy collections, I don't remember if I paid them straight cash or made some kind of a trade.

I guess they started to grow up but I never did, they still like Star Wars, but they are not obsessed like me. My youngest brother had a baby boy 5 months ago who he named Jedi, I told him he should name him after a specific character but he stuck with the name Jedi. All our family and friends seem to love the name and it has really grown on me, so I guess I was wrong.

I remember playing the Super Star Wars video games on the Super Nintendo back in the early to mid 90's, and Shadows Of The Empire for Nintendo 64 in the 96. When I was 14 we took a family trip to California to got to Disneyland, Star Tours was my favorite attraction, can't wait to experience Star Tours: The Adventures Continue.

Me and my younger brothers used to construct lightsabers made from putting a PVC pipe inside a swimming pool noodle, then wrapping them in duct tape and spray painting them whichever color you'd like. The noodle was there as a cushion so it didn't hurt as bad when you got struck, though I never got struck cause none of my brothers or our friends could rival me as a swordsman, the noodle also kept the PVC pipe from breaking so easily. The duct tape was to make the color of the spray paint stand out better, and keep the noodle from falling apart so quickly. Between my 3 younger brothers and all of our friends we used to have some pretty epic battles.

Episode Swag likes this.