generator

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Kid_Fisto, Oct 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid_Fisto Jedi Knight

This has more than likley gone up some where else so direct me to it if you could.I was just watching ESB and just remembered sth in th way Vader recognises the shield generator. Might it be something we see in EPIII like the Death Star in ATOC. Well what do we think- It would not supprise me if we do see it given Vaders reaction.
  2. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Uh, you're referring I think to the shield generator used on Hoth at the beginning of ESB?

I suppose it's possible, but there's SO much Lucas has to answer (or could answer) in Episode III that I doubt he'll find time to tie up every single loose end from the ANH.

As a matter of fact, I don't really want all the loose ends tied up.

Don't forget that about twenty years passes from Episode III to ANH. A lot can happen in that time.

Just like "what is Yoda's species?", your question will probably not be answered.

And I certainly hope they don't use the Death Star or anything like it.
  3. Kid_Fisto Jedi Knight

Yeah the one on Hoth is the one I was talking about. I would like Vader's reaction to be explained or made clear as he is so sure that Hoth is the base the moment he sees the generator on the monitor so I got the impression that it was something he had seen before. I think you may be right though in that it might only be a minor detail in the plot of epIII and may be glossed over in the script. Any way I was just putting it up to see what people think in will we or wont we see it in the final film.
  4. CCK Jedi Knight

star 1
    i don't think we'll see it...i think he just recognized a sheild generator on a planet that no one lives on and it was logical proof that a rebel base was there.
  5. Kid_Fisto Jedi Knight

I just watched the scene again and as soon as he sees the generator he (Vader) says that the base is there but then, and this is what got me thinking one of the admirals says that there are so many uncharted settlements in the galaxy and that it could be one of them. Why would Vader be so sure it was the base and not a settlement if it was not something he had seen before or that he had been told of Hoth before he turned as he says that it(Hoth) is the system.
  6. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Perhaps it had nothing to do with the power generator at all. Perhaps he sensed something with the force. Maybe it was just a lucky guess.

Either way, there are more than enough logical explainations to fabricate a decent reason as to why Vader felt so strongly that the Rebels were on Hoth. Not everything needs to be explained in the prequel triolgy. I, myself, see no reason why this particular issue would need to be "resovled" on-screen at all. In the grand scheme of things, it is practically irrelevent.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.