main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Generic, "lets do something" event/marathon suggestion thread.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by morgan-aleghieri, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I miss the casual stuff sessions too. Sundays in general should work well, although this Sunday is out for me.

2. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I'm free most Sundays, so this sound good to me.

3. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Sunday arvos are kid free for me and usually a nice time to relax.

I'm imagining us in a few months like a well oiled relaxing machine..Sunday arvo at 1, people ( whoever's not busy that Sunday ) turn up where ever with adequate food, drinks, and cushions. Agreed shows are watched and discussed, food is consumed, laughs are had. End time is agreed upon before and adhered to, leaving the working folk happy.

I can manage to overthink anything can't I...

Sundays..good.

4. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Suggestion for what it is worth - I'll probably do it myself anyway:

Picnic at UQ lake area in November. Why November, jacarandas, I love the smell of them in flower.

5. HappyBob

Mar 7, 2002
    That sounds great. Just like something Real People would do. And I second your Jacaranda Manifesto.

6. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Picnic sounds great Lozz. And absolutely a day to bring cameras.. actualy GOobs and I'll take any excuse to spend time outside with our cameras.

7. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Sounds great, but I have to check if my ban from UQ property is still standing :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

8. HappyBob

Mar 7, 2002
    At last. A situation where I can legitimately come to the rescue with my supply of fake moustaches.

9. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
  10. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Hi ho folks,

As per discussions via the Serious Business Monday chat window the other day, I just thought I'd bump up the idea of Serious Business: High Steaks* - an outing to the local Hog's Breath Cafe for a nice steak (where ever local happens to be).

I believe there was talk of doing that tomorrow evening (that's our plan anyway so as to celebrate the lack of death from 10k run), but I'm not sure if that's too late notice or not. Anywho, SB:HS should be an event for consideration. [face_peace] But yeah, if anyone wants in on dinner tomorrow, let us know and we'll figure out where the best place to go would be.

*named by Scoff_20 - we were trying to think up something to do with Pyros and BBQs, but this is far more simple.

11. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    That is so awesome I think I am going to cry.

But yeah, if it's in the city, I'll do my best to be there.

12. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Heheh :)

I think there's a Hog's Breath at Roma Street? Will check it out.

13. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    ...yeah, up the top, at the corner with Milton Road and Petrie Terrace. Enjoy the Steaks...as said in the chat I can vouch for the MEGA CUT Hickory Prime Rib Steak?.

*shakes fist at varicella zoster*

14. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Ah, I misunderstood scoff when he sent me the SMS. I can't make it on account of dinner plans. Have fun.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go soak my brain in coffee.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

15. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    Agh. I've got fathers day stuff tonight, so I shan't be able to make it :( . But another weekend should be fine.

16. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Ah drat - that's okay, it was looking like a very small turnout and Serious Business:High Steaks is a "the more, the merrier" kind of event. We'll push it back a smidge.

Consequently, Scoff and I will probably just make tracks to the Carindale Hog's Breath then.

17. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, not going to be able to make it on short notice like this. Next time, Gadget, next time. *Shakes fist*

18. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    People are taking "Talk Like A Pirate Day" to new levels. People need to remember it's not "Dress Like A Pirate Day". As far as I'm concerned that's every other day of the year :p

However, there's a bunch of stuff happening in Brisbane on the day, and all for good causes. You can find details about the various gatherings here. If we can get a group together, it might be fun.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

19. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Ahh...the unofficial Ninja Day too then...

Not that you pirates will be seeing us.

20. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Well then dress as a Ninja, with the official white "Not A Ninja (TM)" T-shirt over it all to avert suspicion :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

21. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    The Importance of Being Earnest is on at QPAC from October 13 to November 1. I haven't seen a production of this in years, so am keen to go. Any other takers?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

22. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I could be bullied into going - but between then my weekends are pretty booked out - Sunday 19 is free for me, but that's about it - unless a weekday is chosen.

23. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This sounds like a good idea in my head. But it's not. An all you can eat chocolate buffet.

Paul should really start reading these boards..

24. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I keep meaning to get him on the boards, but on the flip side I don't know if I want to encourage his chocolate addiction :p

25. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Loz and I are likely going to see Earnest. If people feel like getting a group together, let us know and we'll figure out a night. Sooner would be better, since I think it'll be advisable to book tickets nice and early.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.