1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Sydney (19th-21st June), Perth (26th-28th April)

Oz Comic Con: Melbourne (27th-28th June), Brisbane (19th-20th September)

FF:QLD Generic, "lets do something" event/marathon suggestion thread.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by morgan-aleghieri, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HappyBob Jedi Master

star 4
    Assuming more than one person says yes (don't want to be imposin' on y'all as a third wheel, now), I'm up for it.
  2. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes I'd love to go too. Any theatre..be counting me in. My munchkin-free times are Saturday, Sunday, Monday nights, and Sundays. 6th wheel perhaps? :)
  3. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Since The Stars Are Aligned, The Song Has Been Sung and The Summons Has Been Made, I'm doing something unprecedented and sitting down with my diary and schedule in front of me to work this out :p

Monday and Tuesday nights are out for me, but that's not too much of a worry, as the only Monday performance is opening night.

There are no Sunday performances either. So it looks like a Saturday is the go.

So I suggest either October 18 or 25, or November 1. There are matinee and evening performances on all of those days. I'm putting in a solid vote for the evening performance on the 18th. I've got tickets to the Doch Gypsy Orchestra later that night, and I'd like to cram in as much diverse culture into one evening as possible :p

Tickets for the stalls that night are $59.00 for us old timers, but if you're under 27 you can get them for $27.00. I really must start lying about my age, I can still get away with 26, which would actually be appropriate for this show :p

Let me know your thoughts and musings.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

4. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I see no problem with the 18th, and am glad to be monetarily rewarded for my youthful vigour.
  5. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm, I'm seeing Doch on the 18th, and Mikelangelo & The Black Sea Gentlemen on the 25th, so those days are out. I don't think I'll be able to do 1 November either... [face_thinking]
  6. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Master

star 4
    The Doch performance isn't 'til 11 pm, and the play starts at 7:30 and goes for 2 hours and 20 minutes, so we have acres of time in which to get ourselves over to the Powerhouse from QPAC, hence the suggestion of the 18th :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  7. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    :oops: Huh, that's right - I had forgotten about the insanely late start. Well, I'll put in my interest for the 18th then.
  8. HappyBob Jedi Master

star 4
    18th works for me. It is, as they say, a date.
  9. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well there ain't any particular way I'm gonna get away with under 27, but do they really check licences and such..especially when you're buying as a group!?

18th is good for me, or the 25th.

Valley Fiesta is also on this weekend!
  10. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    I'd love to join in anything with a picnic/steak/drinks vibe. Plan it well enough in advance so that I can check back here though!
  11. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    Does that mean you're close enough to attend something here? You back Sil??
  12. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Master

star 4
    I find myself with a free Sunday and an abundance of Stuff to Watch tomorrow (the 14th).

Anyone else up for Watching Stuff tomorrow?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  13. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, very up for stuff watching.
  14. General Cargin Force Ghost

star 4
    Not for me... I'm doing stuff, rather than watching it.
  15. HappyBob Jedi Master

star 4
    That's two weeks in a row I've enthusiastically supported Watching Stuff Sundays, only to double-book. In this case, my eyes are already reserved for My Fair Lady (a bit of an extended family Event, as my cousin is in the ensemble cast). Sorry.
  16. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    I too am doing stuff.. sewing simple things and watching 2nd half of season 7 Buffy counts right?
  17. Lozza Jedi Master

star 4
    18th works fine by me, and I'm still young enough to get away with cheap tickets, awesome :)
  18. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    Yep! I'm living in the Valley now, so close enough I think! I don't have internet access at home though, so it's usually a few days before I check back here. :)
  19. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yey Sil! Why wasn't there a fanfare..or a fanforce fare..oh man. Sorry everyone.

Going back to the test drive the arts things I spoke of somewhere...maybe in this thread, although I'm too lazy to check, I've asked for free tickets to something Goobs and I would never normally go to. Thought many of you might find it VERY cool too.

I'm attempting to get tickets to Juice, Friday night

Jiuce is a steam punky circus type performance involving a steam powered orange juicer and some seemingly victorianly dressed circus folk. I'm going to need some much cooler clothes to go see this in the valley on a Friday night.

Anyone else interested, put yourself down for tickets..although lots of cool other things on there.
  20. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Master

star 4
    THIS FRIDAY

Wall-E
    Steak
    Beer

Is this awesome y/n?
  21. HappyBob Jedi Master

star 4
    Can I add a "hell" to the y?
  22. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    I concur, that does sound pretty freakin' sweet.
  23. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    If ya made it Saturday night I'd be hell yeahing. Friday night I have my nieces 18th which is making me feel more than quite old. Also means my cat, living with my ex, is 18 1/2. woh.
  24. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm the only 18 year old you need, and everybody knows that

:p
  25. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    Feeling a little disturbed now.

Party:I do get to dress up though which is fun. Gangsters and glamour, so I'm going as a gangster. As is the munchkin, who is more than a little excited he's allowed to take a toy gun. Yes we bought his first toy gun today and it's a machine gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.