main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Generic, "lets do something" event/marathon suggestion thread.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by morgan-aleghieri, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    It's a decided and definite yes for Friday night for Timmy and I.

Kithera

2. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    I see your "Hell YEAH!" and raise you a Zim-esque "INGENIUS!"

There is nothing about this plan that is bad or wrong.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

3. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    I've nothing either Friday or Saturday, so I see nothing wrong with the plan, however it IS school holidays. So the cinema (at least at southbank) will be packed.

4. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Well you could always come down to the Victoria Point Cinemas if you want to avoid crowds. They are like the Southbank Cinemas, but on the Edge of Civilisation.

They also have a Hogs Breath Cafe within spitting distance.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

5. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Or if the western suburbs are your cup of tea, then there is the eldorado cinemas with Pig and Whistle and Hogs Breathe in walking distance (although opposite directions).

Kithera

6. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Working Friday night, weekend off. I'll be keen for the next one.

7. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I'd be up for it.

8. Loch-doubt

Loch-doubt Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2008
    If you want to do something...

on that particular thursday in October, being the first thursday, or the '2nd'

And that something you wanted to do was seeing a top local band and having some cool ales

than come along to Ric's, thrusday 2 october, form about 8pm, for drinks and stuff. Oh, and SixFtHick.

Boo-yah.

See-yah?

9. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    In other news, this weekend there are Oktoberfest Celebrations at the RNA Showgrounds (and the German Club I assume).

I plan on going in on 1 pm Saturday. If we wanted to, we could totally tie this in with steak and Wall-E for afterwards if we felt like pushing it back a day.

Either way, I'll be around the RNA at 1 pm on Saturday if people want a drinking buddy.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

10. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Aw hell, and here I was planning on going not missing Oktoberfest this year. :oops: I've got BBQs and Baptisms this weekend I'm afraid.

11. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Working till 5 on Saturday :(

As for tomorrow, the movie starts at either 5:10PM or 7.35PM. I've got tomorrow off so either will work for me. If we go for 7.35 I think we get dinner beforehand (I'm thinking Gilhooleys or The Plough) won't be doing food whenever we get out.

12. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I think 7.35pm would be better for the movie. BBN may not be able to make the earlier one, but I'm not sure. We can spend 4pm onwards drinking then head over for the movie.

13. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    If we're talking Friday, the earliest I'll be able to sneak out is 5-ish, but as I'm only about 10 minutes' walk from The Plough, I can happily join you guys there when I get free.

14. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Hmm, given that I've conscripted my brother into moving heavy furniture on Saturday morning (Vodka is a powerful bargaining tool) and I have to be up reasonably early, I think Scoff and I are going to skip the Friday shenanigans unfortunately. Have fun though :)

15. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I've just bought my ticket for 7.30 @ southbank. I'll see whoever make it at the plough at 4

16. Loch-doubt

Jun 11, 2008
    How can it be OKTOBERfest this weekend?

17. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Is it early or something K??

You get to start partying early and have a week of it! :)

I'm hoping to get into the RNA for some festing. Not done it since I could legally drink, so should be more interesting. ( yes they had Oktoberfest then, and the City had big buildings)

18. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    Nope.... not early. It's exactly on schedule, according to German beer drinking tradition.

Mind you, Germans at a Bavarian Oktoberfest make Aussies at Bathurst look like pussies who can't hold their beer.

19. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Damn straight.

The time frame makes sense to me; May Week is in June, a fact that's been confusing time travelers for ages :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

20. Loch-doubt

Jun 11, 2008
    well exactly but you will notice the RNA oktoberfest does not actually run til the first sunday in oktober (aka the anniversary of awesomeness aka my birthday)

21. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Well for those who are going, I plan on being at Gilhooley's for drinks and dinner (I want a steak!) a little after 4pm. Won't be eating until after 5.30 when BBN shows. So if you are going to go for drinks (and dinner) the time is around 4pm, the place is Gilhooley's.

22. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I've got 1200 words to write between now and then.
    In an ideal world, I'll breeze through it and get there around 5.
    In this one, I'll probably be running into the cinema in time for the closing credits.

Edit: I was really, really looking forward to this as the payoff to mark the end of a very hectic couple of weeks at uni. But since getting that payoff would mean rushing the end of this assignment (and since I'm this close to graduating with a distinction), I had to make the Tough Decision and bow out.

If there are any plans for post-movie drinks, can somebody please text me ASAP? I'll be very ready for a celebratory beverage by then.

23. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Apparently we're actually on target for once; I suggested Stuff for this coming Sunday in the first page of this thread, and people seem in agreement, judging by last night.

So, all we need is a time, a venue and official expressions of interest (if only so the person offering up the venue knows how many people they're gonna have barging through the door). Anytime after 1 pm I say is a good start time.

We will have the first couple of episodes of Season 3 Heroes, Season 2 Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and a few other odds and ends about the place.

What say you?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

24. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    I would adore watching Bladerunner sometime soon with you fine folks too!

25. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    My place is up for offer if there isn't somewhere that might be a little more central.

BBN and I are both up for this so...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.