main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gentle Giant at Forbidden Planet - July 12

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by LAJ_FETT , Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's not part of CE, but if you are in London early for the event, you might want to go to the Gentle Giant Tour on Thursday July 12 at 5pm. It takes place at the Forbidden Planet Megastore on Shaftesbury Avenue. You can see more details here on TFN, along with links for FP's website.

Forbidden Planet is worth checking out anyway if you have the time. It's a great store, but it can be a bit expensive.

2. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    I'll be there! [face_dancing]

3. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I plan to be there but it depends on how things work out with the table and exhibition setting-up which I hope we can do at some point on Thursday. I'll let you know how things pan out but it should be a good little event and a great way to start the week's proceedings :D

4. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I hope to be there now as setting-up can take place as of 8:00am on the Thursday :D

5. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Cool. I am definitely going to this. Maybe a group of us can go together.

6. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Not sure if I'll make this as I may be FF ferry Man (just don't call me Styx) on the day.

Matt - do you want me with you at 8am on Thurs? I am staying in PTI Weds night, so will be in the area ;)

7. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    What's the nearest tube station to FP?

8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    That'd be good. Just say where and when and I'll turn up. :)

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I usually use Leicester Square for FP, JED1. From there you walk up Charing Cross Road (toward Oxford Street) until you get to Cambridge Circus. At the Circus, go down Shaftesbury Avenue until you see FP. (It's on the left and isn't very far from Cambridge Circus). Tim and I are going to go as well - if your flight is on time maybe we can meet up. I don't know what time to get there to stand in line - 4pm-ish or maybe earlier..

10. Kabe_the_chadra-fan

Kabe_the_chadra-fan Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    I was thinking of going there too. But I'll arrive at London City Airport only at 3:20pm on Thursday and still need to drop off my luggage at the hotel, so I might run a little bit late. If anybody's leaving from the ExCeL at around 4:30 to get there, it would be nice to meet up though.

11. ChimealHeltei

ChimealHeltei Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Going there with Senny, too. See you there! :)
    Anyone interested in meeting somewhere before?

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I am, I think it'd be good to go with a group.

13. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
  14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Got an update mail from FP. If you are going early:

If you are planning to come early to ensure that you get your hands on the stock, please note that the queue will run from the rear of the building on New Compton Street.

It's not that easy to see on the map here, but New Compton runs parallel to Shaftesbury. There is a short street - St Giles Passage - off Shaftesbury Ave that leads to New Compton. From comparing the linked map to my more detailed A to Z map it looks like St Giles is right near the Odeon Cinema near FP.

15. lukestarkiller1977

lukestarkiller1977 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    can anyone help me get a GG Yoda/ R2 Marquette as I cannot leave work until 19:30 on Thursday! please PM if you can help - much appreciated!

I'll be going to see HP at 23:55 and I'm in London for the CE event

Thanks - Justin

16. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    :mad: British Airways have cancelled the flight I was on on Thursday and put me on a later one which will not allow me to get to this event (it doesn't even arrive in London 'til 17.25)
    Those who know me, know what a fan and collector of Gentle Giant I am and will know how bad I am feeling right now!
    Would one of you kind folks be willing to pick me up the exclusive Commander Bly mini bust. I will settle payment with you on Thursday evening! [face_praying]

17. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Damn!!!!

Can anyone help this great man out??? I can't be at the FP event unfortunately :(

18. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Yikes, that is a real bummer.

I am trying to help Justin out too but as I said to him, I could well be hit with delays in the set-up and consequently, may not even be able to make the event. However, I will give you my Mobile number George and will keep you updated., like I will be with Justin. I'm really sorry I can't give any guarantees, but if someone can please let us know and help our fellow FanForcers. Thanks :)

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Hmmmm, I'll be there, but they do seem expensive. If no one else can get one then I will.

20. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Matt & Rachel, thankyou for your offers to help but LAJ_Fett has kindly agreed to pick one up for me and as she is hooking up with my wife and I for dinner after the event it'll be easy to complete the deal! Thanks again guys for offering again, you are both stars!

21. lukestarkiller1977

lukestarkiller1977 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    BIG THANKS to Rachel for saving the day for me!

awesome I owe you one! ;-)

22. npgrace

npgrace Jedi Master star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    I would like to go to this as well. Is there a group going?

23. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I think there is, but I don't know when and where we're meeting up for it.

I have a favour to ask of everyone that's going. There's a Gentle Giant bust of Grand Moff Tarkin, if anyone sees one (or anything else) can they let me know? I've had a look on the site but nothing came up in the search.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    FP might have a Tarkin minibust in the store (if you are lucky). However I have a feeling Ebay might be the best place at this point.

25. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    There are a few people I am doing the meet and greet who are asking to go to this. For me, will depend upon the last people arriving if I can get there, if they get to the places they need to be by right time, I'll try and get all of the people with me to FP. Otherwise some people may have to go on without me whilst I wait :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.