main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gentle Giant Jumbo Figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Feb 23, 2013.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    It's up for pre-order at $80. I ordered it, lord knows you can't get an original loose for that.

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    This just got announced - I guess this means there won't be a mini-bust. Then again, with how bonkers GG went w/ Comic Con exclusives this year, they may still do a bust also.

[​IMG]

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    ...I kind of want that...

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll probably pass as I think I already have a holiday Yoda.

5. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    That's pretty nifty, but an easy pass for me *Bah-Humbug*.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I really love this guy - I particularly love the tiny Sideshow 1/6 scale figures in his bag - BUT - I bought the Sideshow 1/6 version 1-2 years ago? I really don't need another. I'm still holding out for them to do a Christmas bust. I'd buy a Yoda mini-bust like this.

7. lukehu

lukehu Jedi Master star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    Gentle Giant has finally decided to release a Boba Fett with L-Slot mechanism. Online pre-order will begin early 2014. Can you believe that?

[​IMG]

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I got excited about this until I went to GG's website and saw that it would be $399 for the Wompa - YIKES! I'm sorry but are they serious that they consider the Luke *FREE* at that price???

[​IMG]

10. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, I think I actually squealed when I read they were doing a Wampa w/Luke... and then I saw the price. I know it's huge, it looks brilliant and technically it's two figures, but that's a car payment w/insurance included. So, no.

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I didn't realize the Wompa was 22" tall. Even still - that's just too much money in my book. Sideshow will probably charge that for their gorgeously sculpted 1/6 scale Taun Taun w/ 2 heads, I just can't see getting these instead (not that I'm entirely planning on getting the SS Taun Taun - that's just an example I used.)

12. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Waaaaaaaaay out of my price range! My last big purchase was a 3DS, which was $20 more than my TV. If I took over a year to justify spending that money for a game system, then there is no way in hell that I can justify spending $400 on an action figure! My most expensive action figure cost me $60 and my brother still picks on me about spending that kind of money. He'd have a coronary if I spent $400!

13. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I've paid $40-50 for certain action figures; 80s era G.I. Joes like Storm Shadow for instance, which are only 3 3/4", and I didn't even blink. I guess value is all relative. It's super cool (no pun intended), but it's not $400 cool. Not to me anyway. I'll be curious to see how this sells.

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    [​IMG]
    Pre-Order - Q4 2014 Release
    Just like they were when you were a kid, only BIGGER! Gentle Giant is proud to bring you the latest addition to our exciting line of vintage Kenner-inspired Star Wars Action Figure reproductions with the release of the classic Princess Leia in Hoth Battle Gear figure.
    Digitally scanned from mint 3 ¾” Kenner originals and reproduced at a Jumbo size, no detail has been overlooked. Injection molded and made of durable plastics, this jumbo figure includes a faithfully reproduced blaster and comes fully articulated! With a commitment to keep in line with the vintage Kenner experience, Gentle Giant has packaged this figure with an Empire Strikes Back-inspired backer card featuring original photos and artwork. Designed with the collector in mind, the figure comes in a resealable plastic outer clam shell to help protect and display this limited edition figure.
    Click to Preorder
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I can't say these do anything for me. If I want something that large I'd rather it be a statue. They just look better than a giant action figure.

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I got the Yoda because he was one of my favorite figures as a kid. Overall he's cute but I'm still pretty meh about the line. Just because they rarely ever make figures or anything w/ her wearing her maroon Bespin gown, whenever they get around to doing that Leia figure, I'll pick her up, otherwise I really don't need more of these. They're really designed for "in the box" collectors and that's not me.

The Christmas Yoda comes w/ a Boba Fett figure.

[​IMG]

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    OK, the Yoda looks pretty good. He'd be nice under a Christmas tree.

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Han Solo Bespin Outfit Jumbo figure has been announced. Click to view info!

[​IMG]

I just want them to announce a Bespin Leia - she's probably the only other one of these that I'll purchase.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Rebelscum has posted photos of the new Jumbo figures for this year that are on display at Comic Con!

20. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I just saw that GG is also doing these for the 80s G.I. Joe toy line as well. Does anyone know if GG accepts eternal souls as payments :p?

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    LOL I personally like the jumbo repro of the Alien well Alien. I didn't figure I needed it until I just saw that Hot Toys was doing 12" Ripleys from Alien and Aliens (w/ cargo loader.) *Sigh

I like the ewoks. I have a Yoda out of these, I like it well enough but other than getting a Cloud City Leia (which they haven't done yet,) I really am not overly interested in this line, which is shocking since I love 12" figures. I might be willing to go for the last ewoks since they'd go nicely w/ my 12" collection of figures. I just don't need Wicket, Logray, and Chief Chirpa - I have 12" versions of them already. Paploo and Lumat, I don't have. I wanted Yak Face but didn't have the money at the time. Oh well. I might be willing to spring for a General Calrissian also.

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Um Gentle Giant just announced today that they'll be doing a 12" of Jabba on his throne. Even at $300 (which will likely be around the price point) that's cheaper than trying to track down the Sideshow versions.

Plus Kenner Jumbo Ugnaught (2 variants)

23. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow, I never thought they'd do Jabba. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, since they did a Wampa, but still. And the throne, too? I wonder if they'll include a Salacious Crumb and a pipe?

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'd guess yes. It's going to be expensive though.

25. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, more credits than I can afford to spend on him for sure. I suppose I could borrow it, but I don't want a 12" Greedo showing up at my door with a gun pointed at me.