Beyond Gentle Reflections (Luke/Mara) Proverbs Roulette Response; one shot. Author thanks-09-13.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Nyota's Heart, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Title: Gentle Reflections
    Author: Jade eyes
    Characters: Luke/Mara
    Genre: Introspection, in ?you? form
    Timeframe: Post TLC
    Disclaimer: Own nothing, just the words.

Summary & A/N: In response to Proverbs Roulette:

Love is blind. #51.
    English proverb, late 14th century
    Luke reflects upon Mara and all she has brought to him.

~~~!!

You are amazed by so many things: by the play of sunlight on Mara?s red-gold cascade of hair as it ripples in waves down her back. By the dancing light in her green eyes, once so guarded and closed off, now open ? learning to trust.

Her low laugh, her biting wit ? her searing honesty, even when you?d rather have wished she?d put it another way ?

Somehow, even in the early tentative days of friendship, you know you could trust her with your life ? is that the galaxy?s largest irony or what?

On those interminable blind dates with Ms. Wrong, her voice and her rare smile were the things you thought of and compared your companion to, unfair though that was.

You asked Wedge once why all of them landed with the dull impact of a duracrete brick.

Wedge had grinned knowingly. ?They?re not the ?she? you want or need.? He?d answered simply.

You realized Wedge was speaking from firsthand experience ? having gone many a circuitous route on his way to Iella.

Mara had been cool at first, thinking your flirtations and shy overtures were just ?ways to get me to agree to train some more.?

But when she?d caught you looking at her in her dance leotard doing intricate twirls and leaps ? that had let her know unequivocally there was nothing ?business-like? about your blossoming interest.

After your first few dates, your friends and family were delighted for you both. The holo-press were snide and said: ?Love must be blind.?

You laughed and shrugged. You had never seen the truer worth of a person in all your days. She liked to hide it behind walls and a thorny façade, one that was losing its prickles somewhat. But even the snark has its appeal.

Mara reaches past the darkness and the regrets, finds the playful, joyful spirit that still romps within.

And miracle of miracles, she lets you find hers in turn.

~~~!!~!!!!!

Mara joins you on the terrace of your Coruscanti suite a mere score of days before your joining day.

?You?re awfully deep in thought.? She muses.

?Just thinking how blessed I am.? You reply, slipping an arm around her waist.

She grins in her patented smirk. ?You think so??

?I know it. We have a whole lifetime of discovering new things about one another.?

?And being frustrated and irritated, according to Mirax and Leia.? Mara chuckles.

?Don?t let them fool you. They?re not the cynical old-married types they want you to think. Underneath, they?re romantic softies.?

?Hmmm. You don?t think I?m one too, do you?? She favors you with a mock glower.

?I won?t if I know what?s good for me.? You tease back.

Mara laughs and you share a kiss. Her tender side will be your secret, and a garden of pleasure it is too.

Fin

++++++++
  2. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Loved this mushy sweet vignette. Great use of the proverb. And great characterisation.=D==D=
  3. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
  4. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
  5. MiralukaJedi Jedi Master

star 4
  6. JediMara77 Force Ghost

star 4
    Mara had been cool at first, thinking your flirtations and shy overtures were just ?ways to get me to agree to train some more.?

Heh. Even in canon, I think that, deep down, Luke had very ulterior motives for being so persistent with Mara--but he'd never admit it, of course. :)

<3 them! :)
  7. Kailene Jedi Knight

star 3
    Very Sweet ![face_love]

Great response to the challenge.
  8. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    Again, you do L/M justice.

This was just perfect and sweet and mushy.

[face_love] =D=
  9. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    That's such a perfect proverb for them.

Lovely piece.
  10. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Hi all: :*

Thanks for the reviews. @};-

I love writing in You POV and Luke's thoughts on Mara [face_dancing] Perfect especially when they are beginning a new life together

[face_love]

:)

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.