main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Gentle Souls & Warm Hearts. Blossomy Thing for Chyn.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Oct 1, 2015.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by Nyota's Heart
    Disclaimer: Borrowing all and loving it!
    Genre: A warm fuzzy romp.
    Timeframe: Legends, but my personal canon ;)
    Characters: Mara/Luke.

AN: A surprise for the indescribably talented Chyntuck

Alzoc III was a wonderful object lesson in gentle neutrality. Warm hearts and gentle souls - the Talz had these in full measure. During the Jedi Purges, they provided sanctuary but stayed apart during the ensuing Imperial oppression.
    When the New Republic was formed, they still did not officially join, but the doors were still open to trade and tourism, for those inclined to frigid climes. Their Midwinter Festival, however, was something to indulge in, a draw for all and any who enjoyed the tranquility and loveliness of a community celebration.

Their exports included a lovely style of art work based on snow and ice crystals.
    Snow crystal threads were woven into jewelry of the rarest kind.
    Luke bought Mara a necklace and earring set of such lovelies and presented them to her while they were enjoying a pot of hot chocolate in a cafe known for chocolate delicacies.

"What's the occasion?"

"You." He answered, and she smirked. "I saw them and thought they'd be perfect."

Mara was not one for jewelry extravagance. But this set was simple yet elegant.

Like herself, Luke couldn't help but think, admiring how they looked on her.

"I visited Alzoc III once or twice when doing runs with Karrde." Mara said. "I'll never forget the desserts - one was a lighter than air cake with berries and cream filling."

Luke's eyes gleamed. If there was one thing he loved almost as much as Mara, it was food!

"Leia went there to negotiate trade and tourism soon after the New Republic was formed. She especially liked meeting the Talz chief healer, a Dezrin Azada. She told me their culture was a peace-loving altruistic one and reminded her of the Alderaani one."

Mara gave a sympathetic sigh. "Half bitter and sweet, I can imagine that was."

Luke agreed, and topped off their mugs of decadent chocolate.

They then talked about their upcoming anniversary trip to Chandrilla's Silver Sea, and Mara was especially in anticipation since she had a momentous announcement/surprise for Luke, one involving a new addition to their family - in under a year.

+++++++

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    a lovely moment for Luke and Mara and your description of the Talz is perfect

Nyota's Heart likes this.