PT Geonosis: So much good you don't even see

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Revanfan1, Aug 22, 2013.

Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. BoromirsFan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    well I do think the lightsaber battles in AOTC were interesting but weren't satisfying as a whole. They were chopped up to be super short. Other than that the film is great.

My favorite star wars sub plot will always be Anakin going off to rescue Shmi. It was just really compelling to watch
  2. bellatroll Jedi Master

Geonosis is perhaps one of the worst scenes in movie history.
  3. Gamiel Force Ghost

star 5
    Why do you think that?
  4. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    lol, "bellatroll"? As in [IMG] + [IMG] = you?

I liked seeing the Trade Federation Sphere without the giant ring around it. And given their size I love when they try to launch and get shot down.

[IMG]
  5. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    I loved that part too but it took me out of it when you can see Aayla Secura in the bottom left corner...apparently jogging in place. I was like :confused:.
  6. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Do you have a shot of that?
  7. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    Check 02:32.

WatTamborWoo and VadersLaMent like this.
  8. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Ok thank you. I have never noticed before. That also leads right into the shot I posted above. When i think about spacecraft I'd love to have to jaunt around the GFFA the sphere makes the list.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. TX-20 Force Ghost

star 4
    I just wish that Lucas cut before Shmi's head fell back in thatl over the top "I am now dead" motion.
  10. BoromirsFan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I don't know. I guess I just really found that Pernilla August's portrayal of Shmi was strong. She was a good woman and a good mother. Their farewell scene is heartbreaking and even made more wrenching when we learn of her fate in Episode II. Rescuing your mother from death, from torture.... I just felt like I really "cared". I wanted Anakin to succeed.

The score really got me too, when Padme and Anakin embrace and then Duel of the Fates begins with the binary sunset. Culminating in the Tusken Slaughter and Hayden's strongest scene where he confesses to the killing. A chilling scene.

So that is why I love the subplot, it brings out the right emotions I think.
    FRAGWAGON likes this.
  11. bellatroll Jedi Master

The scene is such garbage. I always hated it, even when I saw the movie for the first time when i was quite young. I think its just vastly over done, fake, confusing and illogical. The scene truly epitomizes everything that is wrong with the prequels.

Bella means war in latin, so i'm a war-troll.
  12. Count Yubnub Force Ghost

star 4
    The Latin word for war is bellum not bella. (Wrong declension.) Bella is plural.
  13. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    Didn't it become "beautiful" in Italian?
    Paparazzo and Han Burgundy like this.
  14. DeviantSpirit Jedi Master

star 1
    Geonosis is absolutely insane. I'm going off a limb here(Anakin hehe), but I would say the Battle of Geonosis is probably the biggest battle ever put onto screen in a film. just in terms of pure scale. I love how it basically keeps expanding throughout the entire climax.
    1. Anakin, Obi-Wan and Padme vs Reek, Nexu, Acklay
    2. Army of Jedi vs army of CIS
    3. Army of Clones reinforce Jedi vs CIS
    4. Battle spreads throughout entire planet
    5. Multiple lightsaber duels

Admittingly, I've always found the lightsaber battles in AOTC to be the weakest of the saga but that's a topic for another day. In terms of sheer scale and spectacle, Geonosis is unmatched.
    Last edited by DeviantSpirit, Aug 28, 2013
  15. darth_mccartney Force Ghost

star 2
    Have you seen the lightsaber 'battle' in AHN between Darth Vader and Obi Wan?! Boring and pretty pathetic. Massive snooze fest! AOTC was head and shoulders above that! lol
    Count Yubnub likes this.
  16. DeviantSpirit Jedi Master

star 1
    Darth Vader and Obi-Wan's duel had gravitas and a sense of deep history behind it. There was a very mythical air to it all, the feeling as though there hadn't been a lightsaber duel in many, many years. In comparison AOTC's duels were kind of just "getting down to business". Not bad, but kind of bland in comparison.
    bibfortuitous and Force Smuggler like this.
  17. Count Yubnub Force Ghost

star 4
    I love the cinematography of the AOTC duels, it's very unique-looking. Somewhat like abstract art.
    FRAGWAGON, ezekiel22x and Vthuil like this.
  18. Darth Ridiculis Jedi Master

star 1
    I love when the violins or whatever start playing as soon as Anakin looks up, and you just know he's about to do something awesomely terrible.
  19. JDN21 Force Ghost

star 2
    Delete.
    Last edited by JDN21, Aug 29, 2013
  20. JDN21 Force Ghost

star 2
    Lolz at 3:31, Jango banging his head on Slave I's door.
    Force Smuggler and Count Yubnub like this.
  21. BoromirsFan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Wonderful moment
  22. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    The Execution Arena has to be one of my most favorite sets in Star Wars. Why couldn't we get that in Battlefront? From the start with Anakin and Padme being taken out to be executed to the start of the Lightsaber duels has to be one of my most favorite action sequences ever. The stuff before in the Foundry and the lightsaber duels themselves? Not so much.
    I do love the seismic charges in space.
  23. Mzukiller Jedi Master

star 2
    Yeah, it's gotta be one of my favorite battles. Simply because of all the weird/cool junk going on JUST out of focus.
  24. Ambervikings91 Jedi Master

star 2
    its fun to watch the background of these scenes over and over i think. To see new stuff
    thebeanpole and Count Yubnub like this.
  25. thebeanpole Jedi Grand Master

star 2
Moderators: Bazinga'd