main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Geopolitical Storyline in PT: False Flags

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DBrennan3333, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Yeah, that is true (Remember the Daisy ad). Sad thing is I don't know why Johnson was so worried about Goldwater, it was a given that he was going to shatter him since he had the Kennedy's sympathy vote.

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Hate to break it to you, but you're asked to "root" for the Jedi in the PT as well.

Absolute madness.

3. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Not sure. I know I'm meant to root for individual characters. That the humane Qui-Gon survives his battle with Maul and leads his squire to greatness. That Anakin bridles his righteous indignation, and spare Dooku's life. That Padme pull her husband from moral ruin. That Obi-Wan not leave Anakin to burn. And I do root for them. But am I to place an emotional investment in the corrupt institutions and figureheads they served? Men and women who live in ivory towers, abandon their religious principles at the first sign of crisis, and rush head-on into war? I dunno.

If I am, well...authorial intent be damned. Sure, I'm supposed to root for Bruce Willis in Die Hard, but every time, without fail, I'm hoping Alan Rickman pulls off the heist.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Well, for one thing, there were "heroes on both sides". Setting aside for the moment the question of who the heroes on the Separatist side were, this at least tells us that there were heroes on the Republic side. And Yoda wasn't exactly ecstatic about the onset of the war. The problem is their well-intentioned pledge to defend the Republic. Sometimes that means going to war, if the Republic as a whole is under attack. Qui-Gon even said that he could not fight a war for Amidala.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.