main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA George flogs...erm I mean auctions Star Wars props

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Symmbian, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Symmbian

Symmbian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2004
    There's a blog (where do these words come from???) on MSN Today regarding the sale of OT props fetching prices that basically blew me away. The funniest thing to me though is how the lightsaber Luke carries in ANH and ESB is qoute "A short chrome tube with a rubber hilt". Reality is the Luke ANH saber is a Graflex Flash Gun, and these days they are going for a pretty penny too. Antiques dealers are now onto SW fans turning them into lightsabers so the price went up accordingly.

Luke orange X Wing flight suit (70's motor racing suit)went for 92 grand, Imperial Stormtrooper (Or as some propsters know its a Sterling Mk4 L2A3 sub carbine)fetched 74 grand. The selling point for these I guess is that they were apart of saga, and that someone famous might have touched them.

Vader's lesser Graflex saber went for a timely $156,000.

Something that got me in a spin was seeing an Luke ROTJ lightsaber at Empire collectables, and what spun me even more was that I knew I had the car rego that week so I couldnt get it. Empire also had/has the Imperial blaster from Master Replica I think for about 800 odd dollars. There is a site dealing with PVC replica's and a guy in the US that makes conversion kits for much less than the MR price tag. And the PVC blasters arent too shabby on the looks side of things either.

I found it humorous as a prop buff, reading a story like that and how willing ppl are to let go of their money.

Symm

2. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Yeah well I have the

Anakin FX Lightsaber from Episode 2,

Yoda - Convention Edition Mini Lightsaber from this years Comic-Con... (soo tiny and cute)

Luke Skywalker Mini Saber, from Return of the Jedi...

Im planning to get all the mini ones... as i cant justify spending that much money on the full size ones..

So yeah... I like starwars replicas :p hehe eventhough they are mini! Always liked the stuff from master replicas I nearly ordered the full lot, was about to hit the order button, but then found out i have to pay nearly $25US per ITEM... so i rang them up and go "im about to buy 10 minisabers and i still have to pay postage on $25US per item" and there like "Yes we send them individually" So i said bugger that.. So ill just buy them one by one.

I have a bloke in sydney who resells them.. and gives me really good deals! :p

3. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    It wasn't George Lucas, it was Gary Kurtz and one other person involved in production on STar Wars and many other sci-fi productions.

I've gone off collecting merchandise, I collect film props myself now. Believe me, I was noting that auction with great interest in some of the similar things I have sitting around here.

4. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    I wonder how much Luke's severed hand was sold for?

5. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    Heres a Highlight list including terminator stuff and alien stuff actually lotsa films!

Elliot : Luke's severed hand from Star Wars:
    The Empire Strikes Back. SOLD $ 23,600.00

* Luke Skywalker hero light saber from Star Wars. SOLD $200,600.00
    * Darth Vader hero lightsaber from Star Wars. SOLD $118,000.00
    * Harrison Ford signature leather jacket from
    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. SOLD $ 94,400.00
    * Luke's X-Wing flight suit from Star Wars. SOLD $ 70,080.00
    * Original screen-used Stormtrooper blaster
    from Star Wars. SOLD $ 56,500.00
    * Chewbacca face mask for the Star Wars films. SOLD $ 50,150.00
    * Yoda's walking cane from Star Wars. SOLD $ 50,150.00
    * Derelict Ship set piece from the first
    Two Alien films. SOLD $ 47,200.00
    * Schwarzenegger hero leather jacket from
    The Terminator. SOLD $ 41,300.00
    * Prop cello used by Lucille Ball in I Love Lucy. SOLD $ 35,400.00
    * "Colonel Klink" military uniform from
    Hogan's Heroes. SOLD $ 35,400.00
    * Snowspeeder miniature from Star Wars:
    The Empire Strikes Back. SOLD $ 35,400.00
    * Prop grandfather clock from The Munsters. SOLD $ 32,450.00
    * "Sarak" and "Amanda" costumes from Star Trek. SOLD $ 29,500.00
    * Original 4077th hometown mileage signpost
    from M*A*S*H. SOLD $ 29,500.00
    * Tom Hanks complete costume from Saving
    Private Ryan. SOLD $ 29,500.00
    * Burgess Meredith "Penguin" tuxedo shirt
    from Batman. SOLD $ 23,600.00
    * Luke's severed hand from Star Wars:
    The Empire Strikes Back. SOLD $ 23,600.00
    * Replica of Robby the Robot from Forbidden Planet. SOLD $ 23,600.00
    * Complete Stormtrooper tour costume from Star Wars. SOLD $ 20,060.00
    * Cesar Romero opera clown costume worn as
    "The Joker" in Batman. SOLD $ 17,700.00
    * Frank Gorshin suit worn as "The Riddler" in
    Batman. SOLD $ 17,700.00
    * Vintage coffee pot radio from Hogan's Heroes. SOLD $ 17,700.00
    * Miniature Batmobile from the first Batman film. SOLD $ 17,700.00
    * Capt. Nemo's skiff from 20,000 Leagues
    Under The Sea. SOLD $ 17,700.00
    * Kirk Douglas hero sword from Spartacus. SOLD $ 17,700.00
    * Archive of fifty-two binders of Gone with
    the Wind promotional materials, etc. SOLD $ 16,520.00
    * Radar's teddy bear from M*A*S*H. SOLD $ 11,800.00
    * Original concept art for the King Kong
    one sheet poster. SOLD $ 11,800.00
    * Samuel L. Jackson special effects pistol
    from Pulp Fiction. SOLD $ 11,800.00
    * Archive of 17 Ralph McQuarrie production
    artwork prints. SOLD $ 10,620.00
    * Travilla costume sketch of Marilyn Monroe
    from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. SOLD $ 7,670.00
    * John Candy "Barf the Mawg" costume from
    Spaceballs. SOLD $ 7,080.00
    * Charlton Heston necklace from The Ten Commandments. SOLD $ 5,900.00
    * Mr. Ed's horseshoes and cast signed photo
    from Mister Ed. SOLD $ 4,425.00
    * Anne Baxter necklace from The Ten Commandments. SOLD $ 3,245.00
    * Original Taun-Taun latex appliance from Star Wars. SOLD $ 2,360.00

6. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    That's far from the full list. Ebay had 6 pages of stuff listed, that list is the more expensive items, there was also lots of design sketches from a lot of film & TV productions, background extra costumes, latex facial appliances, and quite a lot more.

7. Symmbian

Jan 15, 2004
    I stop collecting the "Toys" some time ago. By that I mean when I went to Toy R Us in Cannington, and found out how little Hasbro cares about collectors living here in Perth. I made exception 12 months ago when I saw the A Wing fighter in store. After waiting many years to track one down, I bought it where it proudly collects dust in my wardrobe. The last time I bought merchandise before then was when I was in the US in '01. I got the Royal Starship from Ep1, funnily enough thats collecting a new coat of dust as we speak too.

I've tried unsuccessfully to make a PVC lightsaber and nearly didn't finish a replica stormtrooper blaster from PVC too. I'm thinking of getting a conversion kit for the PVC barrel and that I still have from a gentleman in the US that makes real casts of Sterling parts, and parts for PVC conversions.

Thats of course when my credit card recovers from my Ge Force graphics card and RC airplane spurge of the last two months.

8. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    I've so gotta see your RC collection. Is piloting RC planes harder than flying them for real?
    No seriously...flying something like a Cessna 172 is a piece of piss, but I've heard about how hard RC planes can be.

9. Symmbian

Jan 15, 2004
    Rc aircraft/helios have shrunk in size to the point where you, if you have insurance, can fly at indoor meet in the midland velodrome.

And yes its bloody hard. In the indoor evironment, you have to take consistant referecence of your model and other's models. Most of the meets Ive been to this year have had model helios there as well, so you have to take mental note of their wash and aerobatics. I have a Parkzone Decathlon that has been nothing but troublesome and has crashed more times than flown. Lately I have had more success with going to lighter Lithium Polymer batteries, a real JR radio and upgrade in motor.

No they arent easy to fly, and if you arent used to messing around with voltages, amperage etc that are associated with electric/indoor flying, its a steep learning curve.

I practice daily with Flight Model Simulator, Microsoft Flight Sim 9. And not just planes either, helicopters and taildraggers too, because yes, cessnas are too easy to fly. Taildraggers are a biotch to get off the ground to begin with and its a artform to be able to do it, or a lot of luck.

10. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Sweet...it's awsome that you've got a Spitfire! Any pics?
    I wish I knew were the photos of our real Spitfire are, if there are any. We only had it for a week or so.

Do you have an actual pilot's liscense btw?

11. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Those Master Replica Sabres btw, are about 20-30% bigger than the real deals, next time you're around Darth Soup's place, compare the retail replicas to the stunt hilt I got for him.

12. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    I'm assuming they're bigger so they can function, yeah?
    I did kind of notice with Kaustin's one that it was a bit bulky...still, no less sexy.

13. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    my force FX is bigger then it should be due to the electrics... Ive held onto one of the darth vader Master Replica ones, pretty much the exactly same size as soupmans

14. Symmbian

Jan 15, 2004
    There was a good site to build replica sabers from PVC which shares a similar diametre to the graflex and had blueprint kinda plans etc. I'm not how close to the orignial the prints were, considering the fact that Luke's ROTJ saber was a machine job like some of the preq's sabers

No I dont have a real pilots license but I have one I found in a coco puff box.

15. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    but I have one I found in a coco puff box.

Well, getting a real one isn't much harder ;)

16. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    All I'm saying on the Master Replicas is that for the exhorbitant price they're asking, they should be actual replicas...

17. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    I would actually buy them if they were.. thats why im only restricting myself to the mini ones.. and ive always wanted those blueprints..

hehe

18. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I thought I remembered you once saying you paid nearly $800 for a Master Replicas sabre?

19. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Eesh, the amount of money people spend on things.... It's amazing. Although, I'm one to talk. I won't go into it - cricket related...

20. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    I nearly did I actually paid for it, but it wasnt gonna ship for like 2mths! so i thought bugger it.. I paid a bit for my FX i got it just after it came out... but yeah If i had the money sitting there I would prolly buy one! but only one.. there nice and all but right now i gotta pay for an operation so no lightsabers for me :(

21. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Thanks nat, that just reenforces my long standing opinion that everyone's a geek for something, and as many of us there are out there who can tell you Solo's blaster is a Blastech DL44 and how many times "I have a bad feeling about this" is said, there's dozens of times more than that who can tell you how many goals X football player has kicked and what Shane Warne had for breakfast on Xmas day 1987...

22. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    hahah

Yeah Sith you got a point there! my brother is football mad and knows every players name.. Stats etc etc!

just as bad as us starwarsians :p

23. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    And I bet he rags on you for being a Star Wars geek right?

Actually, after the Serenity screening on Monday night, I learnt the true meaning of crazy, obsessed fan.

24. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    Yes he does :( but just give it straight back to him :p

Yeah i know some people who are obsessed with firefly! and my god! i watched a couple of episodes not to bad... movie should be good...

25. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Clare's dad walked out at the end declaring it "the film of the year" and that's mighty high praise from him indeed, and he hadn't even seen the series so he didn't have any of the emotional attachment to the characters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.