main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

George Lucas and ancestry, genealogy, family name and family tree

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by SkottASkywalker, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Recently, I've had an interest in the origins of last names, ancestry, genealogy and family trees.

Being the fan I am of George Lucas, I've wondered what information is known on the origin of his last name, his family tree, genealogy and ancestry.

I admit, I don't know a lot of details and information concerning this and don't know for sure what information to trust and not to trust on this.

Any and all help is appreciated. :)

2. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Truth to be told, not a lot is known about his ancestry.

--MissPadme

3. SUGARBANTJINN

SUGARBANTJINN Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2007
    that is a VERY intersting question... one that's never crossed even near to my mind before... i'll be interested to see what turns up! i may do a little search of my own!

4. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, better known as the Mormons have the largest database in the world on geneology and ancestry. I think the website is LDS.org. You might check there. It's worth a shot.

5. SUGARBANTJINN

SUGARBANTJINN Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2007
    i tried that site you suggested, BaboFrank, but i have been getting no results at all. maybe i'm just not doing it right, or don't know enough. hopefully someone else will have better luck.

6. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    Go to the website I mentioned. Go to Family history and temples. When it gives you an option go to Online Family History Database. From there check all the options it gives. Should be a way from there. Hope that helps.

7. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    Here is what I know:

Lucas' most distant ancestor that I know of--his great grandfather-- originally settled in Arkansas in the 1800's. Sometime in the 1890's they moved to California, and George sr was born in the town of Layton in 1913. The family was not doing so well and they moved around a lot before settling in Modesto in 1929. There they stayed, and George sr married in 1933 and George jr was born in 1944. I'm not sure what the roots of the "Lucas" family are, that name is common across many different European nations.

Lucas mother has deeper American roots though. Her name was Dorothy Bomberger, whose ancestors immigrated to America from Germany in the 1700's and had become one of the more prominent families in the central California/Modesto area. Dorothy's father settled in Modesto in 1913.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.