main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

GEORGE LUCAS AND THE EXPANDED UNIVERSE

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthSolo3, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EwokStromboli

EwokStromboli Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    I haven't seen "coruscate" since twelfth grade English---too long ago. Thanks. :)

2. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Actually, Kashyyyk and Coruscant are EU adaptations of old ideas from RotJ pre-production.

Kashyyyk is originally from the Holiday Special, which, while it may be counted as EU, is still a Lucas thing. I wonder if he sees this as his chance to redeem the planet for being in the HS. ;)

Coruscant isn't really an EU adaptation, since it's mostly identical to the original plan for it. The name certainly is EU, though. In fact, the PT's conception of Coruscant differs in a few key ways from both McQuarrie's design and the EU's interpretation of it: the planet of the PT with clear skies and art deco buildings has a very different feel from the ROTJ and EU take on it, with angular, almost gothic designs, and a fair amount of pollution (I may be wrong on that last part; that could just be a property of the original Had Abaddon).

3. Jedi_Solusar

Jedi_Solusar Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2003
    Mr.Lucas does take part of the decision making in the EU so he must acknoledge it. I think I read it on the interview from the unifying force(paperback) or was it on an insider magazine, anyway in star by star Jacen was planned to be killed instead of Anakin, but he gave final word that he wanted Jacen should live and Anakin be killed in the end.

4. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    The name Coruscant is EU, in ROTJ it would've been called the Imperial City.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.