Discussion George Lucas and the Mystery of the Treatment

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth_Corvus, Aug 4, 2013.

1. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Or maybe he's making Red Tails 2: Red Tailsier?
  2. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
  3. Count Yubnub Force Ghost

star 4
  4. StoneRiver Force Ghost

star 4
    Who is Red? And who is he tailing?
  5. Pfluegermeister Force Ghost

star 4
    Michael Arndt is not Bruce Vilanch. As long as that doesn't change, I'm pretty sure we'll be fine. ;)
  6. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
  7. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    I absolutely do not believe that GL deliberately set things up for an ST when writing the PT, but he may have been setting things up for an Old Republic movie.
    Last edited by purplerain, Sep 23, 2013
  8. TtheForceHurts Force Ghost

star 3
    Me neither, I think he was fairly certain that ROTS would be the last SW movie, ever, but being the tinkerer that he is, he did insert the "Legend of Darth Plagueis" in ROTS and put Hayden in ROTJ which could be explored further if he ever changed his opinion (which he does quite often as seen by his endless adjusting of the OT")
    purplerain likes this.
  9. Visivious Drakarn Jedi Grand Master

star 2
  10. Diggs Force Ghost

star 4
    It's not bitter, it's an opinion many genuinely feel, just as many like yourself feel differently.

Good article, and I agree with the general gist - GL is great at story and at his best when others are helping him execute his vision to its maximum potential. GL coming up with the story and helping out where needed and a talented new generation (with Kasdan coming back) taking his vision forwards is the best possible combo for me.
  11. Darth PJ Force Ghost

star 4
    I think it's probably more likely he had the ST in mind when penning the prequels, but to what extent is more open to debate.
    Immortiss and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    I'm beginning to agree. Even if the contract is no longer valid, there has to be a reason why Lucas had Peter Mayhew sign on for three other films when he signed on for Episode III. What else could it be other than the ST?
  13. TheTwinSuns Jedi Grand Master

star 3

When did he do this?
  14. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    His contract for Episode III included three other possible films.
  15. TheTwinSuns Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Hmm... interesting. I do think it was in the back of his mind that there could be more films after the prequels. I just don't think he was entirely sure if it though.
    Diggs likes this.
  16. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't know. Star Wars fans don't have a good track record regarding making assumptions.

I think we're just going to have to wait for J.H. Rinzler's "The Making of Star Wars: Episode VII: Jedi Into Darkness" to be released on October 1, 2045.
  17. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    "I wrote in my will not to make an ST" GL said in 2008, so he clearly was very anti-ST in 2008.
  18. newdawn12 Force Ghost

star 4
    or maybe he was deflecting, LFL would have gained a monstrous amount of attention if people knew an ST was in the works, Mark, Carrie, and Harrison would be bombarded with ST questions, and imagine what it would have been like for fans, if we knew, we had to wait till 2015 for the ST.
    Veloz and Darth PJ like this.
  19. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    He could have easily said, "I have no way of knowing what will happen after I die, but I have no plans to make an ST." I'm under the impression that he hadn't found someone he trusted to make an ST.
    Darth PJ likes this.
  20. AniSkylover Force Ghost

star 2
    There is another video with Jett, its more of the same, like he knews one year before it was public, Lucas speaking constantly with JJ, etc but he confims the films follow a new generation of heroes
    Immortiss and FRAGWAGON like this.
  21. PTRULES Jedi Youngling

I take it as a code word for JJ taking another shot at our beloved PT.
  22. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    What's "it"?
  23. I_Love_Scotch Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    The new movies will follow a new generation of heroes just like the OT did compared to the PT. This should not be surprising. The story arc will be the same however. This new generation of Skywalkers or Solos will have the toughest test I think. May need some help from daddy or dead grandpa, but maybe not.
    Immortiss likes this.
  24. I_Love_Scotch Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I don't trust anything George says. He's gone back on pretty much everything he's procraimed since 1979.
    DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  25. newdawn12 Force Ghost

star 4
    We shouldn't take what Jett says about the ST, the interviewer asked what Jett would have wanted in the ST.
    Plus he wouldn't spoil JJ, and his father's movie, not if he wants to work behind the scenes.
    Otherwise they'd think he would leak whar he hears, and sees.