main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas and the Mystery of the Treatment

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Corvus, Aug 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    It was a from an interview with Filoni. He had mentioned that he had spoken with George quite frequently during TCW, and when Rebels was getting started, he had a long conversation with George, not so much about the Rebels storyline, but about the nature of the Force, and how that might be manifested in Rebels, particularly with regards to Ahsoka.

[/quote]

Quite right. George didn't really have anything to do with the Rebels storyline (so far as I know), but rather in helping to develop Filoni's approach to the Force and Ahsoka's fate. That's why I said "kinda sorta." AFAIK, this all happened at the beginning of Rebels.

2. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Quite right. George didn't really have anything to do with the Rebels storyline (so far as I know), but rather in helping to develop Filoni's approach to the Force and Ahsoka's fate. That's why I said "kinda sorta." AFAIK, this all happened at the beginning of Rebels.[/quote]

And it appears he had nothing to do with Rogue One. So we're his three treatments for spinoffs that he sold to Disney JS, NF, and OWK, I wonder.

Strongbow likes this.
  3. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
  4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    And it appears he had nothing to do with Rogue One. So we're his three treatments for spinoffs that he sold to Disney JS, NF, and OWK, I wonder.[/quote]
    He made treatments for the spinoffs?! I know he came up with the ideas for the spinoff movies (except Rogue One).

5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    What on Earth do JS, NF, and OWK stand for?

Negotiator1138 and Avnar like this.
  6. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Han Solo, Boba Fett, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Stupid thumbs on an even more stupid iPhone.

BadCane and Krueger like this.
  7. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    One was definitely the Han Solo one, because there was that interview where Kasdan confirmed that was one of the ideas he was free to pick when he was asked to write a new SW film. I assume, as it was in active development, that the other is the Boba Fett film. I don't think an Obi-Wan film was one, though. I think that's more a fan thing (one that I would welcome).

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  8. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Yeah. But if GL sold treatments for 3 spinoffs, what was the 3rd,

9. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    I thought he'd sold the treatments for the ST's three movies, not spinoffs.

10. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Before the sale I had thought that he had asked Kasdan to come on board if he was interested in any anything. LK said yes to Young HS. But, no.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-anthologies-george-lucas-idea/

BadCane likes this.
  11. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015

Thank you for the information.

12. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    There were never 4 trilogies based on any evidence we have.

13. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    George Lucas: "I saw [The Force Awakens] last night in Los Angeles. And I'd seen it several weeks before at my ranch. And it's more fun to see it with a crowd, obviously. But I had a great time." "Huh? Yeah [it's a thumbs up]." "I can't review the film. I think the fans will love it. And it's getting good reviews." (December 16, 2015)

George Lucas: "Yeah. It's great [that J. J. Abrams took the reigns of Star Wars]. It's...I felt that I had to pass it on before I passed on. And that it would be an easier thing to do, and at the same time J. J. took one tour and said, 'I'm outta here,' and so now we have other great directors coming in and so I have an idea of what they're gonna do so at least, I have an idea of what's going on." (December 16, 2015)

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Lucas left them treatments for the sequel trilogy, 3 spin-offs and various episodes of the live action series (don't recall the exact number. 60?).

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

As Pablo tells it, the actual treatments were "brief" and more of a summary than a treatment. But yeah, he did leave a LOT of scripts for the TV show. According the KK, the episode scripts were basically complete, and she said they were mining some for ideas/details, and others they were holding in reserve.

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Concerning the TV shows, according to Matthew Graham some scripts were more finished than others.
    Which Pablo also confirmed
    Pablo Hidalgo@pablohidalgo

@Doublesith Pieces maybe, but they're only first drafts or thereabouts too. But a lot of info in them to mine, as we have.

Same thing for the unfinished TCW episodes
    Nicolas@Nicolas_2498

@pablohidalgo Are the unreleased Clone Wars Arcs canon?
    Pablo Hidalgo@pablohidalgo

@Nicolas_2498 Many of them are first drafts; so they would have changed had they gone to completion.

I also do remember KK saying she and GL discussed about ideas for anthology movies. When asked about Han Solo, she said it wasn't part of it but Pablo thinks so, We'll have to wait for 2018 to know more about it I guess.
    As for the ST, Pablo said there were "brief" and "only for 7" which is odd since he mentioned having treatments for 7,8 and 9 since the start.

Darkslayer likes this.
  17. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013

I coulda sworn I once read an interview with Larry Kasdan a few years back where he said that when he was brought into the Star Wars Story Group in late 2012, George gave him a list of spin-offs to pick from to write a script for, and he picked Han Solo from there. So it sounds to me that at least the very initial idea of "a han solo origin film" came from George. I could be remembering all of that incorrectly, though.

Darkslayer and Krueger like this.
  18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I remember reading that as well. I also think I've read somewhere that all the spinoffs they planned, except for Rogue One, are from GL's ideas.

Darkslayer likes this.
  19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Yep, he did.
    That's why I found it strange when KK said it wasn't.

Krueger likes this.
  20. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Yes, so Han Solo and probably Boba Fett were Lucas ideas. What was the other? The rampant speculation regarding the Obi-Wan film seems to be a fan thing more than anything, and we know RO wasn't Lucas. There's an interview where Kathleen Kennedy talks about how her and Lucas had conversations about the Jedi and their earlier days, I think. Maybe a Jedi/Sith origin film was the third one?

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013

I would certainly hope so, cause I've always wanted to see a film about that.

Darkslayer likes this.
  22. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    According to some reports, the earliest ideas were the main saga (I-IX) and three spinoffs, one about droids, one centered on Wookiees, and something else. I assume the first two eventually evolved into the Droids and Ewoks cartoons, maybe even those two Ewok movies that we did get, but I've never heard anything about an Episode X, XI, or XII

23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    We did get that one.

[​IMG]

24. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    ....****

25. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    According to KK, had several ideas.

Darkslayer likes this.