main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas and the Mystery of the Treatment

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Corvus, Aug 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Not really surprising that LFL doesn't want Rinzler's version of events to get press. One, he's a former employee so there's no lost love there, and two, he titled the blog "The rise and fall of Star Wars." That part about a "fall" doesn't sound like he is a fan of how things are turning out. It's exactly the kind of headline a few sites and bloggers would love to generate reams and reams of clickbait from, especially in light of Han Solo's production troubles.

2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I don't know, the tone of his blog seemed to be generally positive to me. And the problems he mentioned were fairly common knowledge such as the PT actors mixed reactions to the reception of the movies, it's not like he revealed highly sensitive information or anything too bad.

3. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    It's also interesting to note that he started writing the blog the day after the Han Solo stuff hit the fan. I always had a feeling he was building up to an epic Disney/Kathleen Kennedy takedown.

4. CloneWarsFan01

CloneWarsFan01 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2015
    Dot want to call u out for authoritarianism. But, I've received word that ur guys in the message boards are censoring, banning and perma-banning people who are Prequel fans for criticizing and giving negative opinions on Disney, TFA and Rogue One and are not banning people who dump on GL and his Prequels. And, I also heard you deleted a forum dedicated to Rinzler. Is that true? If it is, you should be ashamed for what you are doing: taking away freedom of speech and banning people for being loyal to GL and defending him.

BTW, this link is where I got the info: https://thestarwarsdefender.blogspot.com/2017/07/loose-lips-sink-starships.html

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    As someone with a ban button, keep in mind that I have not once banned anyone for merely "defending" the prequels or George Lucas, while I have banned numerous people for excessively bashing the prequels (and by default fans of those films) and antagonizing fans of George Lucas. The bottom line is: You can be for or against anything on here so long as you are not beating others over the head with facts opining for disagreeing with you. Freedom of speech is more than welcome here. Being an a-hole to others with opposing views is not.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well if one random blog on the internet says it it must be true! Right?

7. CloneWarsFan01

CloneWarsFan01 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2015
    It's what I've heard. I wanna know from you if that's true. No BS. Just please tell me the truth.

8. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    You've gotten the truth. And having scanned over the linked blog post, I can't even see the reference to these claims.

Immortiss, DrDre and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    What you've heard is not true.
    We do not under any circumstance ban people for their opinions. We ban people if they break our rules.
    I promise that there is no selective modding regarding "prequel fans" vs "Disney era fans".

And as for a Rinzler forum being deleted - certainly not here. We've never had a Rinzler forum.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

I did tell you the truth. Plainly. That you skipped that response in order to zero in on the one that left room to continue perpetuating myths about our forum says a lot about your agenda.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    As a member of Mod Squad I can tell you the truth is it's nonsense. As a member here for close to five years now I can tell you I've never once been warned or banned for speaking highly of the prequels and George Lucas. There is no conspiracy against those who don't like the current films. All we ask is for users to be respectful of each other and follow the other rules outlined in the TOS. Those who refuse to do so do tend to get banned.

12. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001

As a former mod here going back more years than I care to remember I can't believe that would happen.

I have noticed some familiar faces from the PT forum have "disappeared" recently ( Cryogenic for example) but without know the full "in's and out's" it's hard to say whether the banning's are justified or not. In my day people were never banned much less perma-banned without good reason and I can't believe that would have changed just because Lucas is no longer the owner of Star Wars.

I would say more generally, I've noticed that if you happen not to like the new films and the direction Disney is taking Star Wars in the response here is pretty brutal now (not from the administration but from forum members) Certainly I have myself felt pretty manhandled and intimidated at times when I've posted my honest views of recent Star Wars content... But I couldn't care less what anybody thinks about me here so it's water off a ducks back. For newer members or people who aren't as tough as old boots like I am I can imagine the JC could be a tough place it you don't like the direction Disney is taking...

Although I can't really complain as the Boards during the Prequel era were probably just as brutal to those that didn't like the Prequels as they are to those that don't like Disney Star Wars.

It's ironic that after years of being a "gusher" of Star Wars on here I now find myself in the position of a "Basher" lol (although I very rarely post on the movie forums anyway as I don't really like being negative or spreading negativity to others)

13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Are you actually joking?

14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Heck, I'm a prequel (Saga fan, but I rewatch the PT more than OT - it's a slightly bigger favorite of mine) fan, who likes but has plenty of criticism for TFA. While there's maybe a *few* (in the past, mainly) I'd like to ban for incessant negativity towards the prequels, I've never done so.

Differences of opinion are not just tolerated, but welcome. Arguing one's viewpoint is the correct one, demeaning others' viewpoints, suggesting there is something "wrong" with other posters for having a different viewpoint...that is what is moderated.

15. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Maybe it's Lucasfilm that have deleted and selectively banned people.
    [​IMG]

16. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Lucasfilm, deleting people?
    They've really upped the ante!

BigAl6ft6 and Martoto77 like this.
  17. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    That's why Disney were keen to buy them. So they can have that power for themselves.

Strongbow and Lulu Mars like this.
  18. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Their initial efforts using Dip had messy consequences.

[​IMG]

Lulu Mars and Martoto77 like this.
  19. Sithblade11

Sithblade11 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 12, 2013
    I did start a Rinzler threadwhen he started his blog but it got moved the the random content thread.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  20. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    I recall that thread. I posted the link because I knew Rinzler was a big deal here. I was reading the JWR blog, but because of the abnormal schedule, I'd just check in once a week. When the 404 error came up, this was the first place I came for info on what happened. I searched for your thread and couldn't find it.

Was really looking forward to reading the finished blog. It is pretty obvious that the Lucasfilm culture has changed pretty dramatically, and not for the better.

21. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    [​IMG]

We ban people for liking the Prequels.
    We ban people for liking Qui-Gon Jinn.
    We wiped out the fans of Darth Maul. Aaaaall of them.:emperor:
    Indeed, we've utterly eradicated any and all evidence of support for the creator of the Star Wars Saga [face_skull]

In case you hadn't guessed, that was sarcasm. Miss us with this nonsense.

22. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I had to ban myself the other day for saying Yippee out loud.

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    "That's a good trick!"

24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Didn't I ban you last week when you came into Mod Squad wearing that "I Love Jar Jar Binks" shirt? Repeat offender! :p

25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe it's a cry for help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.