main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas and the Mystery of the Treatment

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Corvus, Aug 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    There is no indication that she was a Sith. Though with Aayla in the PT and now Talon, he seems to like Twi'leks in general, their look at least. This discussion reminds me of discussions about Ahsoka's first costume in TCW.

2. Princess Peachy

Princess Peachy Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2017
    I think it looks cool. Might try it as a cosplay outfit - though I think some of my female friends might think I'm harming the feminist cause! It's space fantasy and I don't really see anything wrong with it.

3. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    It's just not a practical outfit for fighting. And she's suppose to be an elite fighter.

I prefer your avatar's outfit. That's a warrior. :)

4. Khan_Mace

Khan_Mace Jedi Master

Jun 1, 2005
    Sounds cool!

I'm not sure how it's any less protective than the tunics Jedi wear.

I think the over the top bulky armor force users wear in video games is silly. The fabric Jedi clothing suits the Edo era Japanese aesthetic Lucas was hugely influenced by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Princess Peachy

Jul 14, 2017
    Yeah the Jedi tunics look really bulky. I do gymnastics and I'd rather do that in a leotard than a dressing gown.

6. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [face_thinking]
    Personally I like it better than A/The Force Awakens. More pulpy.

7. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Meh, she would have been a lot more distinct than discount-Vader. Though Kylo is still cool.

Sounds like you need new friends. :p
    I really don't care for people who have an outcry about a person's preferences, either way. Sounds like they have too little to worry about in their life if they nitpick like this.

8. Princess Peachy

Jul 14, 2017
    You are probably right! I really want some SW friends as none of my friends are into SW at all. :(

Gigoran Monk and Tzizvvt78 like this.
  9. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Yeah, I don't think anyone is supporting the heavily-armored Jedi of some video games. Fabric tunics and robes are the way to go. Darth Talon just looks like a bad, trashy comic book design from the early 80s. Doesn't meet the elegant standard of Star Wars - one that builds on costumes from history.

10. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Who knows what kind of costume GL would have wanted for her. He never shied away from more revealing outfits in the past, and since he liked her look I think he liked the costume too like with Aayla Secura. Fun bit of trivia is that both Aayla and Talon were created by artist Jan Duursema and writer John Ostrander.

11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, you need to trade them in. :)

12. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011

They started talking about what would become Jakku and that they knew that there would be an introduction of a new character who lived on this planet but they didn't know the backstory 11:49. I love hearing Chiang talking, he's so passionate about what they did. Most of his designs were during the "blue sky" phase. Then later they talk about Rey's home. (36:39)
    Then they talk about the Resistance Troop Transporter, The scene on Starkiller Base when Kylo killed his father (curiously, he didn't have the crossguard lightsaber yet)16:07, then Maz and her castle (19:40) then the Resistance base and one of them was very reminiscent of Yavin 4.(26:27)
    At 40:00 they start talking about stormtroopers designs.
    At 46:12 They start to talk about Jedi Killer/Kylo and at 51:15 and 54:00 they mention how they developed the character. There was a small mention of GL.
    And interesting question about the props (Kylo's lightsaber/Rey's staff) 1:00:15
    Interestingly, they didn't show anything about what were in GL's treatment which we know there were some early concept in the Art of TFA.

13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
  14. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    This part still makes me a little sad

Part of me will always wonder where he would have taken the Sequel Trilogy. But I'm happy to see that he's still offering some advice and that the broader ideas are still there.

15. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I think I remember reading KK saying the Jedi were part of discussions they had about potential anthology stories. The movies don't go too much in details on Jedi training, mostly because of time jumps but they might spend more time on it if the movie focus on the origin of the Jedi and I would gladly go watch it because mystical stuff is my favorite part of Star Wars along with droids.

16. Point_Of_View

Point_Of_View Jedi Knight star 2

May 23, 2017
    Is there ANY evidence that GL's sequel trilogy would have involved the Mortis stuff?
    Because that's a theory I hear from time to time.

Also I know that GL *occasionally* dropped a line to the EU- is there a chance that the idea to use Mortis stuff in Fate of The Jedi came from a sentence or two GL might have said to Del Rey/Lucas Licencing/Denning?

Zikri likes this.
  17. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    It's just speculation, partly based on an age-old statement by GL that the third trilogy was "much more ethereal".

Zikri likes this.
  18. Point_Of_View

Point_Of_View Jedi Knight star 2

May 23, 2017
    Ethereal is what I wanted so bad. A whole trilogy of Star Wars as a Padme's Ruminations-esque tone poem.

Prisic Duskleap, Zikri and Lulu Mars like this.
  19. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Now that would be something. Considering how the Mortis arc and the Yoda arc were my favorite episodes of TCW especially for this reason, I approve of this. Though I suspect the FX budget would have went through the roof.:p

20. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    We're only one film in, so no need to declare the ST over and done with. From the looks of it, RJ will be giving us some ethereal in TLJ. We'll see!

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It's just a game of patience really

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  22. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Not sure where this originates from but I saw an image on twitter the other day that showed the Falcon under water searching for the throne room wreckage of the Death Star on Endor. Has anyone seen it before? Was it genuine? I quite liked this idea that in a film that sees relics of the past cropping up that someone would be searching the Death Star wreckage too.

Zikri likes this.
  23. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I believe it was in the art of TFA book.

AndyLGR likes this.
  24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    http://ew.com/article/2015/12/20/jj...question-about-r2-d2-star-wars-force-awakens/

Zikri, oncafar and AndyLGR like this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We'll I am glad that didn't happen especially the sacred jedi sites found from the wreckage of the second death star

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.