Discussion George Lucas and the Mystery of the Treatment

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth_Corvus, Aug 4, 2013.

1. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    I remember reading in a pre-Disney-sale-announcement thread a theory that at one point Palpatine wasn't supposed to appear until Episode XII.
  2. El Jedi Colombiano Jedi Master

star 2
    I'm not insinuating that I know about the treatments. I'm simply saying that it's most likely simply a concept they were toying around more than an actual game or thing.
    That was the original idea. I don't think It would have worked out that well, anyway. What would Luke have done for so many films?
    Last edited by El Jedi Colombiano, Aug 5, 2013
  3. El Jedi Colombiano Jedi Master

star 2
    sorry double post
    Last edited by El Jedi Colombiano, Aug 5, 2013
  4. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Please use the "edit" function to add to your posts... avoid back-to-back posting.
  5. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
  6. Darth_Corvus Force Ghost

star 4
    Both TESB and ROTJ had a page where the changes of various drafts are listed. Quite entertaining and insightful. Oh and most refer to a grand vizier who serves old Frankie. Don't remember him dying. Dun dun duuuuuuun
  7. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    That could have become Ammeda and/or Moore...
  8. Darth_Corvus Force Ghost

star 4
  9. El Jedi Colombiano Jedi Master

star 2
    darklordoftech likes this.
  10. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
  11. Darth_Corvus Force Ghost

star 4
    I ment in ROTJ. In most of the treatments Palpatine really hated Vader and refused to speak to him so when Vader phoned, he could only talk with this Vizjerej dude who told him to go to the super star destroyer to see how the two death stars make short work of the rebels while Franky corrupts Luke on Hadd Abadon.
  12. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    I know. I'm just saying that an ROTJ concept could have become something or somethings in the PT.
    Last edited by darklordoftech, Aug 5, 2013
  13. Darth_Corvus Force Ghost

star 4
    darklordoftech likes this.
  14. Darth_Corvus Force Ghost

star 4
    Well yeah. Maybe you are right. It's just this guy seemed to be a much bigger deal than those two walking statues.
  15. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    "Those two walking statues" could easily become something more.
  16. Darth_Corvus Force Ghost

star 4
    could have became
  17. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    huh?
  18. Bullhead CIty Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Wonder if a future brave soul will ever gather up the notebooks, after George becomes one with the Force, and attempts to remake the series- minus the OCD storytelling???
  19. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    What is "OCD storytelling"?
  20. TheManFromMortis Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    _ _ _ _

I was always intrigued by Sly Moore. Do we think that she could appear in Episode VII? This is from wookiepedia, admittedly not the greatest source of info. Anybody know whether her having been trained by Palpatine/Sidious is canon?

Sly Moore was a female Umbaran Force Adept who was employed bySupreme Chancellor Palpatine as his Senior Administrative Aideduring the final decades of the Galactic Republic. In secret, Moore was also an acolyte of the dark side, trained in the ways of the Force by Palpatine, who was in truth the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious.
  21. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    It's canon in the EU.
  22. Darth_Corvus Force Ghost

star 4
    You think they will turn up? If they are not Force Sensitive -and nothing suggests that they are- they would be too old to sit into a wheelchair. They had a chance in the prequels but nothing happened.

Edit: My bad so Sly Moore COULD turn up if she's not yet dead, but Mass Ameda is a lot less likely
    Last edited by Darth_Corvus, Aug 5, 2013
  23. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    We don't know what the life expectancy of their species is.
  24. El Jedi Colombiano Jedi Master

star 2
    who knows. If Sly Moore and Mas Ammeda remained in the Senate by the end of ROTJ, they had two options: They either fled, or were captured.
  25. Darth_Corvus Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes we do. According to the Legacy Era campaign guide average life expectancy for Chagrians is 76 years. With the age of the actors we will likely see the movie around 46 ABY the current blind spot in EU canon. Mas Amedda was elected Vice Chancellor in 32 BBY. Assuming he was elected as a very mature 1 year old, he is freakin old.
    TheManFromMortis likes this.