main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

George Lucas Arthouse Films

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Echo Base, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    Ooh, you mean like the Area 51 warehouse? That'd be totally rad.

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003

We have our top men working on it…

3. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    At first, when I heard about the museum he's working on for Chicago, I thought maybe it would be possible he might decide to allow them to be screened there (along with other films of that type). But since observing the way he spoke about them in the mini-interviews he gave at both TFA premieres and in the Charlie Rose interview, I sort of doubt that now. Hopefully I'm wrong and somehow there will be a way for us to see them at some point.

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I hope so. I will he see anything he puts out (within reason lol).

El Jedi Colombiano and Pensivia like this.
  5. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    So, what, you wouldn't watch George Lucas Presents: Cat Videos or Skywalker Ranch Mini-Train: A Day in the Life of Conductor George Lucas?

I know I would.

6. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I think George should release them online under a false name, instead of hording them.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    A pseudonym could be interesting. Many might praise the work for its avant garde merits only to have their heads spin and to lose all hipster cred after discovering the real director.

But what would be the ideal Lucas pseudonym?

Lars Van Owen
    Curt Henderson
    Art Lypsett
    Joe McFlannel
    The Four Billion Dollar Man

I dunno.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Some kind of play on PAPANOIDA but ideally we would never know who made the Films. I have feeling he won't make any cause he's been saying that for years and all we got was Red Tails and Strange Magic. Have not scene any experimental shorts from him since his college stuff, unless he's already doing and it we don't know.

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Wouldnt he have to spend his own money again and essentially rebuild his own brand now that Lucasfilm was sold off along with his other assets. I can't really see him working with big Studios and Studio suits as he could not get along with Disney once they made it clear they wanted to do their own thing despite any arrangement he had with them which was probably verbal as if their was a contract then he would've had some more creative control but he apparently had nothing.

10. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    Lucas ought to remake THX-1138, only with the titular character escaping the Disney Empire. Lots of metaphor there.

Zikri and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  11. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I wonder when Lucas will make his more Personal Films ? I am interested to see what these films look like?

Zikri likes this.
  12. DavidSword79

DavidSword79 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    I think he's making them now, he's just going to keep them to himself, apparently, until after he's gone. Hopefully we'll see them then. So maybe, 10 - 15 years.

Zikri likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I really wanna see these movies (if he's actually making them, having gotten beyond ideas and notes, which I have no idea who would actually know if Lucas has taken them beyond that) but I certainly don't want to wish death upon Lucas so I can.

14. ATMachine

ATMachine Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2007
    I want to see at least one version of the Willow trilogy which GL is keeping in his private vaults.

Zikri likes this.
  15. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I honestly think Lucas has already been making some of these films but hasn't told/shown anybody yet.

ATMachine likes this.
  16. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    Just watched the Charlie Rose interview. George seems like he really wants to make these films - and I'd like to see them too. Any updates on this? I can't find anything online.

Zikri likes this.
  17. ATMachine

ATMachine Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2007
    I can tell you about the history behind some of them - just ask me!

18. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I think George Lucas has a lot of potential to keep making interesting films, even if we never see them or know he made them. Personally, I wouldn' be surprised if he's not making any at all. He might just want people to think he's keeping busy with films.

Zikri likes this.