Discussion George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Pro Scoundrel Chosen One

star 4
    I'd be worried about that too if I didn't have faith in Arndt and Abrams. I think they'll make it work.
    Darth Chiznuk and TreborSabreon like this.
  2. Darth Claire Chosen One

star 4
    Arndt and Abrams give me faith. I just hope their inner fanboys dont get in the way too much that they feel obligated to "Throw this in here cause the fans and I get this!". Focus on making a good movie...THEN you can throw in your easter eggs.
    Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  3. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm really excited to see what Arndt can do. I am excited for JJ too, don't get me wrong, but I think Arndt's writing will make or break the film.
  4. Darth Claire Chosen One

star 4
    Yeah the script is all that matters. I just hope whatever he does is good and NOT like the last time a writer worked off Lucas' notes *which gave us the infamous nuking the fridge scene*
  5. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    I find that scene hilarious [face_laugh]
    JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  6. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Arndt did a brilliant job on Toy Story 3, so his adaptation of Lucas' treatment for Episode 7 has me very curious but also pretty optimistic.

Regarding the fridge nuking scene... if I had to choose between being inside a fridge and not being inside anything in that scenario, I'd probably choose the fridge too... can't hurt. :p
    lbr789 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Ryus and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  8. Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh man, that zipped lips thing is great. Let him unzip his lips Disney!
    JainaSoloYJK and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  9. krtmd Force Ghost

star 4
    Poor Christina Applegate. [face_laugh]
  10. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, that's awesome.[face_laugh] I love the zipped lips thing; cracked me up.
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  11. Darth Claire Chosen One

star 4
    I found this and I think it summarizes why we can't *and most likely wont* be seeing a digitally deaged OT cast
  12. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    When I saw the header, I ALMOST didn't even click the link - more proof why fans should NOT write the ST...
  13. Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh dear God - I can't believe the host even agrees that it's a good idea. I need to go post that video in the "what would make me so mad I'd walk out of Ep VII" thread.
  14. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Just read on the official site that Billy Dee is attending Star Wars weekends. I don't know but it seems to me like they're setting up the big whoop-de-do. Perhaps making the announcement at Star Wars weekends and then getting the cast together at Celebration Europe.
    Last edited by Darth Chiznuk, Apr 6, 2013
  15. LunarMoth Force Ghost

star 4
    Arnold had no point? The point was he was a huge action star likethe rest ofthe cast. He was not in the film much becasue he was a Governor of a state at the time of filming. His cameo was exactly what it was intended to be......Not leaving out arguably the biggest action star in the films all-star action-star cast.

I dont think this reference fits in with anything having to do with Star Wars. OT characters are 100% essential to the ST, and PT characters may be as well if the story calls for it. I dont think we will see many, if any, characters that are not needed.
  16. jedimikey Jedi Master

star 2
    I know you're just being funny, Scoundrel, but that actually makes sense...I could see Lando running for SC or at least becoming a senator. Also, it would give them a logical reason for him to appear in the ST.
    Last edited by jedimikey, Apr 7, 2013
  17. Pro Scoundrel Chosen One

star 4
    Actually, this is exactly what I hope they do with his character. I smile because the idea fills me with happy. :)
    Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  18. Pro Scoundrel Chosen One

star 4
    All the proof we need can be found on these boards. Sometimes I sprain my hand from face-palming.
  19. Pro Scoundrel Chosen One

star 4
    Ooh, love the new avatar. It is tres chic. :)
    Darth Claire likes this.
  20. Vicious Jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Hope so hope so ..
    JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  21. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    This may have been brought up already, but is there a chance this announcement may be made on May the Fourth?
  22. Jcuk Force Ghost

star 4
    Why would that be significant if it were?
  23. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    May the Fourth be with you. It is Star Wars Day.
  24. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    It's been brought up before, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some type of announcement.
  25. Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master

star 2
    Are we still on about this? I'll be back when the movie is in theaters... I'm not getting excited over nothing or having my hopes smashed. When exactly are they coming to spill the beans? I might post here and there...