main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    When i see this trailer with Ford in it you just know Ford will be awesome again as Han, looks great.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  2. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Offtopic - Ender's Game has got to be my most anticipated movie of the year. Great book, and the parts in the trailer that don't look how I imagined look better than what I was imagining.

Spoilers if you haven't read the book:

Never pictured Mazer Rackham with tattoos like that (did I miss something in the book?), and I can't believe they're showing the final attack in the trailer!

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  3. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I'm kind of meh about it.
    but yes everything else you said. No I think I would have remembered, "Mazer has crazy Maori facial tattoos" in the book

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I agree - that trailer looks great and it bodes very well for his potential involvement with Star Wars. I can't wait!

I'm right there with you - I absolutely loved the book and I'm very much looking forward to the film adaptation.

In regards to the footage in the trailer - I caught that right away as well and I couldn't believe it! Why would you put something like that in the trailer? I guess only those familiar with the story would make the connection, but still. As for Mazer - yeah, I definitely missed something with the facial tattoos...LOL!

5. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Loved the book. That trailer gave away a lot at the end though.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This actually looks really good despite my personal gripes with Orson Scott Card's general nuttiness.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  7. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  8. Hopalong Hutt

Hopalong Hutt Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2013
    Burger eating contest with Mark and Carrie ;)

I think we are going see more of these kinda photos the next couple of weeks :)

9. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Starve Wars
    Source: The Sun

Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill told to slim for movie

Producers want Mark, 61, and Carrie, 56 — who first played Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia 36 years ago — to closely resemble their old characters.

Each will be supplied with a top nutritionist and fitness trainer before filming starts on Star Wars VII at the end of the year.

A source said: “Mark and Carrie need to be as close to their appearance in the earlier movies as possible. Producers are keen to help out and have offered support.

“The budget is huge so there will be no expense spared.”

Harrison Ford, 71 — who plays Han Solo — will not be given the same treatment ahead of his cameo role in the new film.

Producers are happy with the physique of the former action movie star.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vastor likes this.
  10. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I have zero doubt that with some good prep work plus Hollywood magic, the big 3 are going to look great.

11. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    I actually saw a recent picture of Mark Hamill and he has already slimmed down quite a bit. Really looking forward to attending Celebration Europe next month, both Mark and Carrie will be there.

12. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Maybe Yoda was wrong, as the Force doesn't seem to be strong in the Skywalker family when it comes to aging!

13. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    jesus, pure **** wrapped up in trailer with loud music, seriously.

14. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    MrFord still looks like Han to me, very excited!!

15. jedilips

jedilips Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    Mark will be fine. Get him a trainer and take away his razor. Carrie and Harrison look fine I think.

16. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Hmmm...this has me thinking about the last Tron Legacy movie how they retro aged Jeff Bridges for Clu. Would they really do that for SW so that they could set the story less than 30 years after RotJ? I mean they said: "need to be as close to their appearance in the earlier movies as possible." That indicates the possibility that they will attempt to make them look younger than the actors, so maybe their kids will not have to be in their 30's and having kids of their own. I'm now curious how much time the ST will encompass. The PT encompassed about 13-14 years, so the ST could follow suit or even a bigger span.

17. Skywalker2B

Dec 8, 2000
    I also wonder if Carrie and Mark would be willing to go under the knife for these roles? There are a lot of older actresses now that have and look decades younger than they are. But, I very much doubt that Harrison would go that far. On second thought...I think the Tron Legacy route is more likely than plastic surgery.

18. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Assuming that this is true, it sounds like we'll be seeing them by way of hologram.

Krueger likes this.
  19. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    how accurate is The Sun when it comes to movie news?

anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  20. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    *crickets

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It's a tabloid, isn't it? So probably not very accurate. I think they just took Carrie's comments about a trainer and tried to sensationalize it to sell magazines.

22. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Why would you say "hologram"? If that remark was true, and I think it's an exaggeration, seems more likely that it'd mean they died between films, so we'll be seeing their 'younger-looking' Force ghosts. Morning radio was talking about the story today and remarked that they were almost 'unrecognizable' as Luke & Leia now, which is a bit unfair... but that's probably all that comment about their appearance was about. Looking more like the characters we remember, just older.

More likely, perhaps... but still not likely at all. All the Tron Legacy route led to was a very creepy couple of characters... Clu was bad enough, but at least he was "in" a computer. Might've worked better if EVERY cast member had that treatment IN the computer. But Young Kevin Flynn at the beginning... outside the computer... that was atrocious.

No, they won't be going the Tron Legacy route. Way, way, way too creepy.

Darth Claire likes this.
  23. Skywalker2B

Dec 8, 2000
    More likely, perhaps... but still not likely at all. All the Tron Legacy route led to was a very creepy couple of characters... Clu was bad enough, but at least he was "in" a computer. Might've worked better if EVERY cast member had that treatment IN the computer. But Young Kevin Flynn at the beginning... outside the computer... that was atrocious.

No, they won't be going the Tron Legacy route. Way, way, way too creepy.[/quote]

Go back to the filming of the OT and the PT. It was lauded that ILM had made all kinds of advances in filmmaking while finding new ways to get what GL wanted on film. Look at the advancements in CGI over the years. It used to be just inanimate objects that we done with CGI. Then they tried various types of animals (Jurassic Park comes to mind). Through trial and error and advancements in technology they went from not very realistic looking cgi animals to very real looking...depending on the skin. The next hurdle was hair. Look at Rise of the Planet of the Apes. With almost every new movie they are making more and more advancements in movie making technology. Who knows what they'll be able to do within the next two years or so. I think they'll be able to take the lessons learned from Tron Legacy and improve on that. Over time you won't be able to tell the difference between a real person and a CGI person.

24. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Am I the only one who finds this "CGI them young" to be kinda insulting to those actors. Its basicly saying to their face "We dont want the current you, we want the young you. So we're gunna CGI you young and pretty because we dont feel you are capable of looking good on your own". Also its a harsh reminder to fans that they can never have their classic actors back in a natural way but instead have to rely on technology to bring them back. Plus it'll always be on the back of your minds that "Thats not realy how they look like. Its fake and they dont actually look that great". Its kinda sad and it makes me feel like the sequel trilogy us fans want *where the OT cast are young, fit and beautiful* should have been made 30 years ago when that was still possible.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You're definitely not the only one. I think it's plain ridiculous and I don't think Disney/Lucasfilm would ever consider it. There's just no way you could make it work and have a serious movie. It's also the absolute wrong message they need to be sending with these films. The ST should be about moving the franchise forward not keeping it stuck in the past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.