main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Chaos

Dr. Chaos Jedi Padawan star 1

May 19, 2013
    Mark Hamill has actually gotten pretty badass over the years as far as his voice is concerned.

It's funny to think to think he used to be such a pretty boy but he can really do gruff and tough these days. That'll work well with the jedi master image.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Oh, god forbid, Disney wants them to get in shape!! What's next?! OTHER ways to make them live longer, healthier lives with lower risk of heart disease, with the ulterior motive of making them more pleasant to look at?! The beings hereabouts... Crazy! 8-}

And, are people actually disbelieving it because of the periodical it comes from? It's not good reporting by any means, but that's not because it's falsified... it's bad reporting because it's the most obvious thing anyone could possibly say about preparations for a movie like this...

jaqen likes this.
  3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Getting in shape implies they have reasonable roles, and would be required to do a lot.
    If it is true, I suppose given Hollywood's obsession with image they would certainly make Carrie slimmer.

4. maychild

maychild Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2013
    Fisher lost a lot of weight in 2010. She can do it again.

It's one thing to ask them to get in shape. But there's no way they'll get back into the shape they were in during the OT; it's just not possible. They're 30 years older. (And let's not overlook that part of the reason Fisher was so thin back then was due to increasing cocaine usage.) Even Ford isn't in the same shape he was during the OT, although he is in good shape for his age...the crucial phrase being "for his age."

If this is true, I'm glad that Hamill's weight/appearance is being addressed as well as Fisher's. Most everywhere I look, I see people calling Fisher old and fat and ugly, and whining that the gold bikini is "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" (where it belongs, IMO), while somehow overlooking that Luke's tank-top ESB days are far behind him too. Women get far more flack than men for losing their looks, and I'm sick of it.

jaqen, laurethiel1138, lbr789 and 8 others like this.
  5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Really? I don't know about that, but he sounds more feminine than ever. He never sounded that girly before; at least not when he was younger. And don't get wrong, I love the guy, but you gots to man up, dude.

Well, anywho, did they confirm, or what?

6. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I wouldn't say his voice is more feminine....more terrifying IMO

*Hamill legit scares me sometimes*

7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Lol. He sounds like Nathan Lane.

8. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I say he should do the entire movie in Joker voice just so he can scar kids for life. [face_devil]

9. Kay Suhyun

Kay Suhyun Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2013
    He was great in Sushi Girl.

10. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Even though it's "just" a game, Hamill's Joker from Arkham Asylum and Arkham City ranked right behind Ledger's.
    That was a goddamn awesome portrayal in every way shape or form.

11. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Totally agree on the no cgi-younging. What a joke that would be. It was stupid in Tron and it would be double stupid here. Besides, after all our heroes have gone through, a little aging is expected. Man, American presidents age dramatically over 8 years, and they aren't dodging force lightning. :cool:

12. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    If anything, make them look older. Luke definitely needs an Obi-Wan style beard. No space mullets though, so uncivilized.

13. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    *fixed for accuracy. "You will learn respect...and suffering will be your teacher!" [face_skull]

TrandoJedi and Nexumaster like this.
  14. Dr. Chaos

Dr. Chaos Jedi Padawan star 1

May 19, 2013
    Was trying to think of the right words for how I feel about the whole weight/diet thing, I think Cinemablend has my sentiments:

15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Mav Edit: Not appropriate.

16. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    ...thank you for fixing that. I had forgotten he voiced Ozai...if I ever knew it to begin with! Epic.

17. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I don't know where this "make them young" thing started, because that was never said.

For the movie, the company just wants them to lose some weight so that they resemble themselves physically in the OT, that's all. They're all mature adults now, but I'd only classify Harrison Ford as being old but he exercises regularly and has always taken care of himself. Carrie Fisher is only 56 and Mark is just over 60. But since this new movie is 30 years after ROTJ, as far as I know, they are expected to look 30 years older.

jaqen likes this.
  18. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    I can't wait to see Mark Hamill return to his signature role in a whole new way. That video of him as the joker (and James Arnold Taylor egging him on to do it) REALLY sold me on his untarnished - nay, improved acting chops. I think he'll be able to further explore Luke's personal dark side in the coming films.

19. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Yeah, the footage of him doing voice work for Mask of the Phantasm qualifies as high-octane nightmare fuel.

20. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I've said it before, but I was right next to him once when he did 'the laugh', and I honestly don't want to know where in the depths of his soul that came from... [face_nail_biting]

21. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    All the more reason there REALLY needs to be an evil/insane Luke "Dagobah cave" style dream sequence [face_skull]

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  22. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Its better than Ledger's IMO. Mark Hamill is the best Joker we have ever had. His work in the Timmverse is legendary.

23. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Yeah...

24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  25. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    How about the biggest...? Where is Peter Mayhew? Chewbacca!!! And the smallest Kenny Baker? R2-D2!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.