Discussion George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII - Spoilers Allowed' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Darth_Zidious Force Ghost

star 4
    Now I just want him to do the same with the movie plot!

Lucas: "Oh yeah Luke returns to start a new Jedi Academy and he investigates a new Sith based evil in the galaxy. Maybe I'm not supposed to say that."

:)
  2. Rawne Force Ghost

star 2
    Jaina's in her 30's as of FOTJ. 36 I think?
  3. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    While it's true they would be age appropriate, I never understood the appeal of rehashing all of the characters from the novels as the main heroes. To me, that seems like a cop-out when I am way more interested in the original story treatments of George Lucas and getting to see new characters and environments. I understand that Jaina, Ben and Allana have their place, but I'm not sure if that's smack-dab in the middle of the new films.
  4. Darth Claire Force Ghost

star 4
    Agreed....every word. Agreed
    SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  5. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah, no kidding. VERY enlightening article.
  6. Team Padme Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  7. Bazinga'd SWC/PT/ Spinoff Manager -Destroyer of Spam

Manager
    star 5
    Darth Chiznuk and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  8. The-Eternal-Hero Force Ghost

star 4
    Heh heh, Mr. Star Wars Secrecy spills the beans himself :)
  9. Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I'm not so sure. According to the article, George was very adamant that his story treatments for the ST be included in the sale, true, but then there's this:

Still, Iger wanted to make sure that Lucas, who was used to controlling every aspect of Star Wars, from set design to lunchboxes, understood that Disney, not Lucasfilm, would have final say over any future movies. “We needed to have an understanding that if we acquire the company, despite tons of collegial conversations and collaboration, at the end of the day, we have to be the ones who sign off on whatever the plans are,” says Alan Horn, chairman of Walt Disney Studios.

I'll be very curious to see if Lucas and Disney can keep this mutual-admiration society going once the actual movies start coming out.
  10. Angel Eyes Jedi Padawan

star 1
    What galaxy are you from? It is, after all, a sequel. Why wouldn't the previous cast be included? The time frame could be perfect for their age. The idea that the story line from all the books would be upheld is nothing short of silly. Only a petulant child would throw up their hands and walk out cuz some character from the EU doesn't fart on cue. Get out of your own head. There's an entire galaxy to explore.
  11. Angel Eyes Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Who said anything about them being the center of the story? They will obviously be there to add closure to their story and pass the torch to the next generation. You should be happy. Han is most certainly gonna die.
  12. TheLateAdmiralPiett Force Ghost

star 1
    But...what about Billy Dee Williams?

This is why I hate it when everyone says "Big Three." Lando is a main character too.
    QsAssistant likes this.
  13. The_Coon Jedi Master

star 1
    i ******* told u all
  14. TheBBP Force Ghost

star 4
    So is 3PO, but nobody is talking about Anthony Daniels either. The "Big Three" are the main draw. All other characters returning after that is just an awesome bonus.
  15. Darth Claire Force Ghost

star 4
    You'd be suprised by how many fans I've seen who think the OT cast will be the primary focus and main characters. And of coarse Han is gunna die.....I already have ideas how...and they're all beautiful :)
  16. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    There's loads of credible sources that have been, and are continuing to report the same thing: Ford, Fisher, and Hamill are close or already have signed a deal with LFL/Disney to return to the Star Wars universe. We've been seeing them for a month now, but this coming from Lucas pretty much confirms it. Expect an announcement sometime within the next few weeks, I'd hazard to guess. If not, May 4th.
    Last edited by KED12345, Mar 7, 2013
  17. Darth Claire Force Ghost

star 4
    Somewhere a Disney Sniper is getting pissed off at them for revealing all their "secrets" and thinking of getting rid of the entire cast and replacing them with clones in order to keep their mouths shut. Gotta love it when leaks happen cause you can just tell an exec is getting angry in some far off land. :p
    Padme501st likes this.
  18. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    It's a full blown fantrum!
  19. HardCore Jedi Padawan

So have the began writing a script? I swore I read somewhere they had already started production?
  20. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    They did principle photography for the prequels two summers before the films were released. If they aren't writing a script yet I'll be surprised, unless they're changing the entire pattern of production.

As far as "confirmation," as I said in the Carrie thread, I'll believe it when I see it in Star Wars Insider--which announced Hayden's casting in May of 2000.
  21. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    If Disney make a SW movie Lucas hates, it doesn't matter. What is Lucas going to do, take the rights back? He no longer has the authority to make suich decisions, he is a consultant who as creator is likely to be respected but none of his suggestions or comments have to even be listened to anymore. He can say "You have to do it this way", but if they don't want to there is nothing stopping them from doing it differently (except Lucas complaining to KK who as head of LFL has the most authority over the movies).

I'm perfectly happy for any of the OT cast to return if they want to, and it sounds like they will.
  22. Buddha Fett Chosen One

star 4
    What was the point of the main characters from the Prequel era having a large part to play in the OT? The Star Wars Saga is one long story told over generations. There's quite a bit of overlap, you see.
  23. Jobertus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Who says those characters (Ben, Jaina, and Allana) being included in the ST means that the ST's story wouldn't be original? TPTB have already said it was going to be an original story on the day it was announced, but they haven't yet said if that story will or will not include Ben, Jaina, and Allana. It's still possible, however unlikely, that we'll be seeing them in the ST.
  24. robo_obi Force Ghost

star 4
    the business week article indicated that Arndt has been on board since before June 2012 (and that Mark, Carrie and Harrison were approached before then too) so it wouldn't surprise me if there is a full script laying about somewhere in Mr Arndt's office....a rough one, but I'd say it's a fair way along (especially if they start filming at the end of June like the prequels)...

Darth Chiznuk and TreborSabreon like this.
  25. Darth Claire Force Ghost

star 4
    Is it bad that I'm a bit worried about if/when the OT cast return? A part of me is just telling me that my fan ideas of how/what it will be they will return will be better than the actual reality. :(