1. A Warning For Everyone To See:

PT vs. OT vs. ST (in any combination) debates are not allowed in the New Movies forums. Discussions that descend into OT/PT/ST bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Consider this your warning.

Discussion George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Carbon1985 Jedi Knight

star 3
    www.aintitcoolnews.com did an interview with Harrison Ford, and he was able to get 1 SW question in:

Quint: What about Han? Do you think you're going to able to bring that attitude if you return to Star Wars?

Harrison Ford: I'm not prepared to talk about it at this point.
    Last edited by Carbon1985, Jul 25, 2013
  2. Graphic Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ford could be smart and just wears a "Han shots first" Shirt on every single Event he is in!
    Immortiss likes this.
  3. jedilips Jedi Knight

star 1
    Carrie looks really good at CE. Mark is getting there. ;)

[IMG]
    Last edited by jedilips, Jul 25, 2013
  4. Darth Chiznuk Superninja of New Films

Manager
    star 6
    Give that man a beard and a lightsaber! :p
  5. Echo-07 Jedi Master

star 4
    IMO Ford bashed Han because he didn't want to be type-cast. He didn't want the same fate as Carrie and Mark.

Also IMO he softened his stance because his career is cemented. He's had a great one and now there's no reason to begruge playing Han Solo. In fact, after the disasterous Indy 4, Ford could use a HUGE movie that makes him somewhat relevent again, if even for only one episode.
    Pro Scoundrel and Immortiss like this.
  6. jedilips Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think Ford really respects Abrams too... that probably goes a long way. Not that he doesn't (or didn't) respect Lucas, but I think there's probably a level of excitement in working with JJ.
    Last edited by jedilips, Jul 25, 2013
  7. maychild Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, sure. He's never worked with JJ Abrams before, whereas he's worked with Lucas on eight movies. He's known for giving Lucas a hard time, but Lucas loves it. Carrie Fisher ribs him too, like when she spoke at tributes to him, or when she did her one-woman show. An interviewer asked her if she "took it easy on Lucas" when he attended her show in Berkeley, and she said, "No. In fact, I was harder on him. He loved it."
    Last edited by maychild, Jul 25, 2013
  8. Ridley Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    That is SO. COOL! They just need Harrison to pop in and it'll be perfect.
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. bergstrom Jedi Master

star 2
    carrie and mark need to lose a bit more weight and mark needs to grow a beard and away we go.

p.s was thinking about luke's death scene, it could mirrow alec guinness's performance , luke raises his lightsabre and is struck down, disappearing into the force, maybe with alec's voice beforehand saying, "luke....... the force will be with you". Luke gives his opponent a knowing smile and is struck down. Awesome, cool and God damn emotional at thye same time.
    TheTwinSuns likes this.
  10. Carlos Danger Jedi Knight

star 1
    Mark does look pretty good. He has that Jedi Master gaze going. I wonder if Peter Mayhew can recreate his role (if Chewie is actually alive in the movie) with his walking problems.
  11. anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of CT, SW Saga and Lucasfilm Ltd

Manager
    star 9
    Dude. LMAO at your user name. [face_laugh] Welcome to the boards.
  12. CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    great to see Jeremy Bulloch involved in this pic, fingers crossed if we get Boba he gets first refusal! Lets face it, he was hardly the most active character in the OT so I'm sure he could still pull it off. I had the pleasure of working with him a few years ago and would love to see him in another star wars flick.
    Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  13. Bazinga'd Manager Emeritus

star 5
    With all the bashing that some members of the JCF did to Mark and Carrie in recent months, they look surprisingly good. And there is still a few more months until shooting begins. I am, however starting to get impatient about confirmation of the return of the big three.
    Last edited by Bazinga'd, Jul 25, 2013
    Immortiss likes this.
  14. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Actually, that's not true. He has indeed worked with Abrams on two films over the course of his career. He was the producer for both Regarding Henry and Morning Glory. Harrison starred in both.

Also, loving that image! The whole gang looks great!
    Last edited by HanSolo29, Jul 25, 2013
  15. maychild Jedi Knight

star 3
    I stand corrected.
  16. Mange Jedi Master

star 4
    Abrams also wrote Regarding Henry.

That picture makes me wonder about Daniels... He's bound to show up, isn't he? Can he still wear a costume or will C-3PO be fully CG? Hmm...
    Last edited by Mange, Jul 26, 2013
  17. Joe Jedi Master

star 6
    I would hate a fully-CG 3PO. That's a blatant misuse of CGI, considering he has always been a guy in a metal suit. Plus, CGI on actors never looks quite right on screen, whereas practical effects tend to look better.

If anything, I'd expect someone new in the suit. There was someone on the Force-Cast about six months ago who was hired by LFL to be 3PO for PR events. The guy's already there, so it's likely he could be the guy in the suit.
  18. IDigMetalBikinis Jedi Master

star 2
    I'm surprised no one's called attention to the positioning of Mayhew's cane and Fisher's hand. After all these years, they still can't keep their hands off each other. Bad Wookiee.

[IMG]
    Last edited by IDigMetalBikinis, Jul 26, 2013
  19. TCF-1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  20. Sarge Chosen One

star 5
    After she kissed a Wookiee, she never went back.
    Jedi Merkurian, Yanksfan and Krueger like this.
  21. maychild Jedi Knight

star 3
    I agree. C3PO should be a guy in a metal suit. In Episode I, C3PO didn't have his metal plating put on yet, but Anthony Daniels worked the puppet and provided the voice.
    Immortiss and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  22. Toonimator Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    You and probably hundreds of other fans who think it's a great idea while ignoring the truth: it's completely predictable. Which is why it shouldn't be done. Luke should SURVIVE Episode VII, and if he DOES die in any of the movies, it should be more like Yoda.

Also, if anyone's curious, Peter Mayhew's wearing this shirt. (when it was originally available, there was a choice of colors I think... unless he got his off another site using the same design)
    Last edited by Toonimator, Jul 26, 2013
    ChildOfWinds and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  23. Immortiss Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I wondered how much he got paid?
  24. WatTamborWoo Jedi Knight

star 3
    From the blogs on the Official site Anthony Daniels just smiled when he was asked about the new films at CE II. Seems he will be back. Also Warwick said that when he met Doug Chiang in early TPM production he asked for some small characters to be designed! Warwick also ended the Q and A with Doug Chiang and Iain McCaig by coming up with an alien concept. Looks like he's plugging for a role! Hope he gets it too!
    Last edited by WatTamborWoo, Jul 26, 2013
    JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  25. dolphin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    They still have a long way to go...

jaqen likes this.