main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    The Bit of Harrison Ford pointing in all his movies was great too!

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, that was really funny too. Then he seemingly unintentionally pointed at Conan later which got a laugh. Harrison's great! ^:)^

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    The infamous "Ford Finger" as us HF fans like to call it. ;)

4. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I love how he was laughing at the end and seemed to have a sense of humor about it. :)

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If we don't get official confirmation by the end of the week, I'm going to wait some more, darnit!

6. CaptainMorgan2013

CaptainMorgan2013 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    I
    Only 64 midichlorians per saber!

JainaSoloYJK and Sarge like this.
  7. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I hope this doesn't mean that Hamill, Fisher and Ford are going to be the movie's main protagonists.

8. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Will we get the actual news the Big 3 are back on the 20th of January ? one day before they shoot .........

9. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    It could be even later than that depending on how big their roles are, and that's assuming they're in it at all.

10. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I dont think you have to worry about that, bro. There's like a maybe....2% chance the OT3 will be the leads. I doubt Disney is gunna have the main protagonists for a film most likely marketed towards children and tweens be a bunch of out of shape 60 year olds. :p

11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I can't believe they left this out of the pointing clip.

[​IMG]

12. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Ha ha, I was the same thing, proscoundrel! This seems like a waaay better "pointy finger" than the one he uses on Jabba. :)

13. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Well I would rather have them in a 2 minute cameo than not at all .........

14. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  15. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I really am sold that we will get all the casting confirmations on the 1 year anniversary date from the announcement of the Disney sell and new Star Wars movies.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I've been completely convinced of that for a few months now.

PrincessKenobi likes this.
  17. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    In reality it makes the most sense, it puts it 2 months give or take right before they are suppose to start filming. And they started making casting announcements for TPM about 2 months before filming on that.

18. Psmoke

Psmoke Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2013
    Why? They are the originals.

19. Psmoke

Psmoke Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2013
    Billy Dee Williams' rep said that Hamill, Fisher, and Ford were not signed on at all.

20. Psmoke

Psmoke Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2013
  21. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    They probably are signed on but Billy Dee's reps aren't allowed to say. Also.....I doubt Disney would put us through all this suffering because of this big giant casting call....if the OT3 were the mains. SO no.....the OT3 most likely aren't the leads (I mean even the OT3 believe that based on their interviews where they just talk about assuming they'll be mentors with their "Ot3 kiddies" being the leads)

Psmoke likes this.
  22. Psmoke

Psmoke Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2013
    I'm all for that. But if it turns out they aren't in it at all or have 2 minute cameos or something I'm jumping off this train lol

23. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    What it probably means is that agreements have been made in principle but no contracts have been signed. I'm also beginning to think that Cumberbatch will indeed be in the movie.

Psmoke likes this.
  24. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    We'd all go insane. I just expect them at most to be some supporting roles that will get smaller and smaller as the series goes by and we grow more accustomed to the new leads. I expect they will have the most screentime in episode 7 (maybe 30 minutes total) and (assuming they survive) just be downgraded to quick cameos by 8-9 as the films focus more on what the new leads are doing. I'm not expecting them to be doing any major action scenes, have a love story, or have multiple storylines all revolving around them. They'll be there to make fanboys squeel then pass off the torch to the younger, more fit and beautiful cast. Thats just the sad fact of Hollywood.....unless you're in an "Action star revival film" (like the recent Stallone, Swartzenegger and Expendable films that capitalize on their old action star nostalgiability) most of your action/franchise leads are in their 20s-40s (not their 60s-70s).

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That's what I believe to be the case as well. If nothing has been said or agreed to, why would Ford and others be dodging all the Star Wars questions? They can just come out and say, "no, I'm not involved," instead of offering things like, "I can't talk about Star Wars at this time."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.