Discussion George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

1. bergstrom Force Ghost

star 2
    I guess the delay in announcing the big 3 is to allow 2 of the 3 to lose a tonne of weight and fair play to them for trying to get back in shape and lose the excess. Hopefully the announcement will come before xmas and we'll be amazed by how well they look.
    jaqen, stormcloud8 and TKT like this.
  2. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    What if they won't come back though? It certainly won't be the end of the world.
    Chase Scarlet likes this.
  3. Ganger Chosen One

star 4
    Imagine they announce it on december, Mark and Carrie are back in shape but Harrison gains a ton of weight. That would be hilarious
    Sith-Mullet, jaqen and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  4. sons_of_anakin_tatooine Force Ghost

star 3

nathan fillion for han solo

[IMG]
    maggie siff for leia

[IMG]

no idea for luke sadly
    Last edited by sons_of_anakin_tatooine, Sep 17, 2013
  5. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
  6. sons_of_anakin_tatooine Force Ghost

star 3

hey just going to say could be worse. could be matt damon as luke with jeniffer gardner as leia and ben affleck as han solo
  7. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
  8. WatTamborWoo Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  9. JediGirl_Angelina Force Ghost

star 3
    Could work for the spinoff...
  10. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I've already seen Fillion do his best Han Solo impersonation in Serenity.
  11. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
  12. Revenge of the Dak Jedi Grand Master

star 1

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Last edited by Revenge of the Dak, Sep 17, 2013
    Sarge, stormcloud8, TKT and 1 other person like this.
  13. sons_of_anakin_tatooine Force Ghost

star 3

hey even though i think hes good and also over rated id rather have him instead of some dude who looks like he just came from high school

in order for me to believe the character he or she not only has to have the acting skills but also the look to make it believable.

i think back to when kurt russel did a try out for the ot and as great as an actor he is who im a huge fan of i just dont see him as han solo because im going to think oh snap thats snake from escape from nyc/l.a

certain actors have a look where you just cant see it no matter how great the costume is.
  14. TtheForceHurts Force Ghost

star 4
    I really like Fillion and would gladly see him in a Star Wars movie, but he is older now than Han was in ANH. Since we will get an origin movie, I guess we should rather expect a 18-25 year old than a 40+. If they had recast Harrison as Indy and stayed in the 30's/40's he would have made a great Indy though...
  15. sons_of_anakin_tatooine Force Ghost

star 3

hes 45. that isnt old at all.

ford recently stated he would love to do indy 5 but without having to do much action and you have to take into account that hes in his 60s

so that kind of makes me wonder will he say the same for star wars if he is officially announced?
  16. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Maybe Indy will have a nuclear powered wheelchair?
  17. sons_of_anakin_tatooine Force Ghost

star 3

all jokes aside but eventually there will be a time when a recasting has to be done wether its now or 10 years from now.

i think it couldnt hurt to start planning ahead abd than prep it for that future. disney is going to milk this to death wether these are good or bad so
  18. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
  19. Darth_Panicius Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Posted before getting to end of thread. Ignore lol
  20. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Does a recast have to be done, though? There are so many other things to explore in the Star Wars universe, why continue to milk the Big Three long after the original actors are gone? In many ways, their performances are just as much a part of the characters as the characters themselves. I understand that it would be interesting to explore some of their earlier exploits, but really, there are other things I would rather see if it means a complete recast. I think Disney's key here is actually to branch out and touch on things that haven't been done before.
  21. LunarMoth Force Ghost

star 4
    Indeed.

I would prefer they wait until the Saga is complete. Origin movies for main characters should come later.
  22. Ganger Chosen One

star 4
    OMG HE'S ALSO HOLDING A SPACE GUN, HE SHOULD TOTALLY PLAY HAN!
  23. jaqen Chosen One

star 4

Yes, just read this a few minutes ago. If true, very welcome (though basic common sense) news, and totally obliterates all the "Disney doesn't really expect Carrie and Mark to be in good shape" fantasies that are being propagated amongst some of the fanbase.
  24. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    I would love Nathan Fillon in SW actually.
    jaqen likes this.
  25. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I don't think I would, I'd be too reminded of seeing him do his best Han Solo imitation already in Serenity.
    FRAGWAGON likes this.