main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    John Williams was always my favorite Star Wars character. :)

2. andresfelix

andresfelix Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2014
    They're too old
    We don't want to remember them like that

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    but they are young at heart.;)

Dak Oolron and Force Smuggler like this.
  5. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    I notice a lot of people don't like watching their heroes grow old. I think I'm the exception here, because I love it. I loved Indy 4 because I got to see how an older Indiana Jones was like, and I'm excited to see Luke as - whatever he is as of this moment, Leia as a political leader or something else, and Han as an old pilot. I think it's an important part of the journey, but everyone I talked to when the sequels were announced didn't think it was a good idea to bring the old three back. The way I feel is as long as the actors are still great and the character is true to what has come before, it's a great thing.

6. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Who's we? Or do you mean you?

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Christopher Lee/Dooku was in his 80's, Palpatine/Ian McDiarmid was in his 50's, Samuel L Jackson was in his 50's for the PT. They worked.

T-R-, CairnsTony, Import_Jedi and 3 others like this.
  8. Rabs

Jul 15, 2014
    And don't forget Yoda. He was 900.

9. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    A list of people that are also too old:

Gandalf
    Moses
    Dumbledore
    Merlin
    Zeus
    Yoda
    Carl Frederickson
    Dr House
    Indiana Jones
    Henry Jones

In a society that overvalues youth, I think it is great to be revisiting these characters later in their lives. Good or evil, positive or crotchety, hot or busted up... bring 'em on and let them have their moment.

10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Have I just fallen through a time warp and ended up in January 2013?

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Thank you for your insight. Your opinion has been noted. We will require no further elaboration on this insightful data.

12. andresfelix

May 25, 2014
  13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    andresfelix : "We will require no further elaboration" meant let it go and stop talking about their age and/or weight. This is your final warning.

14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I would violate the TOS if I posted what I really wanted to say, so I'll just tent my fingers and smile.

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Mark Hamill just a couple months ago.
    [​IMG]

Dak Oolron likes this.
  16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    We're feeding It.

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  17. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014

You've missed the point entirely. We didn't see Dooku or Windu as young characters beforehand.

Also, I'm unsure about them "working"!

18. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    No one has missed the 'point' - most people here just think you're either trolling (failing at it too) or have your OWN issues with the fact that everyone is growing older, including ourselves.

*shrugs*

No one is holding a blaster to your head, making you watch the new films. You can always stick with the OT where everyone is eternally young. Personally, I LOVE the fact that we get to continue with our heroes as we all venture into that unknown territory of what it means to pass the torch to the the next generation, for all of us...

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Amen to that, young lady.

Dak Oolron and CairnsTony like this.
  20. Rabs

Jul 15, 2014
    I for one am quite interested in seeing the big three older. So I don't know why some fans feel the need to use "We" when expressing their own personal dislikes. And Obi-Wan worked both young and old.

TKT, anakinfansince1983 and I know like this.
  21. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014

Erm, why are you quoting me in this post? I merely corrected the previous poster who misunderstood the point of one of the posts - I did not say that I agreed with any of the users in question either.

Again, is the latter half of that aimed at me? Seems a bit odd if it is since I hardly post around here.

Are you talkin' to me? /De Niro

22. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    They are all (except Indiana Jones) fictional characters who were established as being 'older' characters in the first instance. I don't think that's quite the same as established 'young' characters who return as old characters. I think it's problematic to restablish characters as being much older regardless of how well it's handled. I think most people prefer Indiana Jones, Dirty Harry, James Bond, Captain Kirk etc. etc. as younger characters.

23. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I knew somebody would make this point. I had even odds between you and Dra--- ;) It's a fair point, however...

Financially? Probably, but since I have no skin in the box office game I was discussing what I would like to see and how I view older characters. Was Raiders better than Crystal Skull? Of course, but that doesn't mean I didn't find it satisfying to catch up with Indy after all those years.

There are plenty of quality young actors ready to strut and fret their hour upon SW's stage (something KotCS didn't have); having the older ones have a last hurrah in VII won't be a negative for me, and I imagine, many others.

24. andresfelix

May 25, 2014
    Chorus of Disapproval proved my point by deleting those 2 pics, otherwise, why delete them?

What about this?[​IMG]

When you think of Han Solo, you think of how he was in the OT.

25. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    So this should be great, right? I think seeing Luke as the old wizard and Obi Wan type is going to be amazing. Luke and the other two are great additions and will help move the die hards in Disneys direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.