main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    That's certainly possible. But the article strongly implies that the making of the new trilogy was initiated at least in part as a lure for Disney, to entice them to cough up that $4 billion for the SW franchise. If that's the case, and being able to film the ST movies based on Lucas' treatments was one of the conditions for Disney to make the deal in the first place, it would be extremely risky for Disney to sign the deal before the OT cast had been secured. Unless the OT cast have such small parts in the new film that they can all be easily written out.

Darth Chiznuk and Krueger like this.
  2. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Fully agreed.

What's probably more disturbing than having Jar-Jar in the centre of the picture is having Ian McDiarmid smile and mean it. I'm just so used to seeing him as the malicious Palpatine that seeing him as his normal, cheerful self is strange...
    Also, I love how Ewan McGregor is just leaning, casual like, all scruffy-looking with his beard and biker jacket. He's a handsome lad, to be sure...

And to get back on track: I'm glad we got that semi-official confirmation from GL himself. The ST is shaping up nicely.

Cheers,
    Lauré :)

3. Doug625

Doug625 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    he did. but GL thought that it made Han seem to mean and violent so he requested to Disney that the contract was scrapped!

4. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    So what if George becomes our best source of spoilers? Every time he gives an interview, "...yeah Carrie's loving swinging her lightsaber arooou oops.."

5. GeekFurious

GeekFurious Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2012
    The paranoia about calling something confirmed is amusing.

IT IS CONFIRMED. Not almost. When the man who created the universe, wrote the stories for these upcoming movies, and owned the company prior to just recently selling it, and hand picked his successor, says they are on-board and then weakly tries to take it back, THAT'S A CONFIRMATION.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So any guesses about what this "whoop-de-do" is and when we'll get it? I'm beginning to think this was very premeditated on GL and Disney's part to ramp up our excitement before the big announcement. I just can't see Lucas having a slip of the tongue that big without some thought behind it. So I think the announcement is coming soon and we'll probably get some sort of appearance of the Big 3. That's my hope anyway.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  7. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I'm just hoping SW7 isn't about Han and Leia's kids, a la Hansel & Gretel (The new one). I want more than just cameos of the big 3.

Anakins_Real_Father likes this.
  8. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    I'm less concerned with having more women so much as stronger women. And I don't just mean women who know how to wield a lightsaber or shoot a blaster. I mean women who take charge, make critical decisions, and help drive the plot forward. And who don't end up as victims a la Padme in ROTS. If we can get just one women in the main cast like that (and I'm not counting Leia because I think she will be a supporting character) then I'll be happy.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  9. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    How about both? ;)

10. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Agree whole heatedly with you.

eDisc and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  11. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    Sounds good to me! :D

krtmd likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Well, if Lucas now has the clerical platitude to Confirm actors, we may know who the next Pope could be, afterall.

JainaSoloYJK and Count Yubnub like this.
  13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Well, Benedict did resign in order to be in Episode 7, so it kind of makes sense.

stormcloud8 and Bazinga'd like this.
  14. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I think it was George's attempt at a mini-rebellion over control or at least his denial over selling it to Disney

lbr789, eDisc and Heero_Yuy like this.
  15. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    How about the Big 6 (Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, C-3PO, R2-D2)! [face_praying]

16. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    No love for Chewie... [face_not_talking]

18. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    How about the Big 7: Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, C-3PO, R2-D2 and Jar Jar! [face_praying]

20. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    You know, Darth Chizunk-I had so much respect for you until I read the last name (unmentionable) of your list. :_|

21. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    I can respect her opinions. Don't agree with any of them though. I thought Karen Allen did a great job in Indie IV, and in many ways actually saved the film from its rougher edges. I don;t think people give Carrie and Mark enough credit. Mark has really developed in his skills, and is not nearly as bad in his origianl Luke Skywalker prime as people tend to think he was. Voice acting also takes an insane amount of skill.

I can sort of see where she is coming from with Carrie. Out of all three she is frankly the one I would not have any feelings about if she did or didn't return. That being said, I feel like I have enough big boy pants to be able to accept these characters as different being grown adults compared to the characters in their twenties. I find it ironic when people who say they would not want these actors in the roles out of fear of ruining the characters complain those who disagree are the fanboys. Seems to me like the only ones really willing to embrace change are those who are excited to see how the characters are different now in their old age.

I think having these characters in the film are going to change their image. Really it comes down to whether or not you are ok with change, or would rather live in the nostalgia of the past. Can't say I really blame either side for feeling the way they feel.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    No love for Darth Binks being the true mastermind behind everything? Okay...

[:D]Forgive me?

23. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    How did I forget poor Chewy?

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  24. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    You will always be forgiven my friend. I have no love for Darth Binks, Dark Lord of the Moronic

eDisc and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm more curious about who the main characters will be.

lbr789 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.