main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"George Lucas Doesn’t Have Any Middle Fingers Left to Give Us" by Mike Sadowski

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by ObiWanandonly, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWanandonly

ObiWanandonly Jedi Padawan

Sep 23, 2012
  2. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
  3. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Bro, you are out of line, he didn't rape us of our childhood like your link proposes.

We should be counting our lucky stars that George Lucas came along, because otherwise we would be stuck watching the crappy musicals that the 1960-70 had to offer. What he did changed the way movies are made and he had a lot of fun developing new and emerging technologies. I keep hearing that people want to throw George Lucas under the bus. The truth is people have been giving him the finger for years because they had ideas of where they thought the saga should go. Every body and their mother wanted to see more Boba Fett or some little nugget that didn't hold the story together. Sure, many of us had dreams of seeing Leia in the slave girl outfit... but have any of you ever stopped and though for one moment that George Lucas was allowing you to ride on his magic carpet into the universe that he created?

I think the man is a genius at marketing and was able to tell the movie studios to screw off, because if you are going to play with George Lucas you are going to play by his rules. I can understand why he would want to retain the rights after friends like Fracis Ford Coppolla and Brian DePalma were screwed by Hollywood. George is going to do some amazing things with the money that he will donate to charity, the sad thing is that even if he gave money to a group that could find the cure for cancer, he would still be in the eyes of many a fan boy, the guy who brought us Jar Jar Binks. We should be greatful that he has given us the entertainment that he has. He has my respect as a filmmaker and mostly a human being. Peace, D

WIERD_GREEN_MAN and Valairy Scot like this.
  4. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    It's not legitimate rape, so my childhood is intact.

5. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    As are the childhoods of the women in those binders.

Panakas_Dawg and JediKnightOB1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.