main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

George Lucas gives so much away in his previews...

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Mon-Ackbari, Dec 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    That's the nature of all trailers, trying to cram in as much cool stuff as possible to attract attention from the more casual (bigger!) audience.

Fortunately, there's a lot more to each SW film than 2 minutes of worthwhile action. And if you don't agree, then you're in the wrong forum anyway ;)

2. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    The trailers don't really bother me. I watched both movies' trailers and was still very surprised when I watched the movies.

It's all the stuff in the stores that bother me. [face_plain] Avoid the toy store about a month before the movie opens! :_|

3. Lord_of_the_Bling

Lord_of_the_Bling Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2003
    "Fortunately, there's a lot more to each SW film than 2 minutes of worthwhile action."

:confused: I think this is widely known.

I only have one thing to say about spoilers...ahem, I mean trailers:

"Stupid fat Hobbit! It ruins it!"

4. TheEliteFetus

TheEliteFetus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2003
    The only thing trailers don't give away are the endings. Other than that they give many clues to this and that and every way up and down for internet people to figure out that there is no fun to figure out. Just look at the Matrix sequel's trailers. They show the same thing over and over and over again and all the new stuff that comes with each new trailer and then you wonder while watching the movies, "Hey, I've seen that, and that , and that, and that that it becomes less exciting because you've seen it so many times." They came out with so many trailers for those movies. When AOTC came out they showed a 1 minute teaser for Reloaded. When the Superbowl came they showed another minute's worth of material. This time both sequels. When it came time to show the full blown trailer, it was about 3 minutes with material from the previous trailers and new stuff. There was also a foreign teaser trailer that showed some new material. After Reloaded they showed a small teaser for Revolutions after the credits. On the video game they showed another teaser with new scenes. Then they showed a new trailer for the foreign market with new material. And then came time for the full blown trailer for Revolutions. Good God that's a lot of trailers to give away a lot of stuff. Studios need to stop giving what the fans want when it comes to trailers. It's like a dealer dealing drugs. They're not even being creative with the trailers. There is no reason to show that split milli-second shot of such and such actor expressing something is wrong or funny or whatever. The studios are just getting lazy. I believe that the studios can create a sense of wonder and attraction in a short amount of time (in their trailers) without showing all the most exciting parts and so many shots and scenes in so many minutes. And when it comes to the big movies that you know people are gonna go see because of interest (mainly sequels) they don't have to show that much because you've already got them hooked. You don't need a gazillion traliers to get the point across. Just one 1 minute trailer that opens a couple of months before the movie is released.

5. Lord_of_the_Bling

Lord_of_the_Bling Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2003
    I agree. It's like the very first teaser trailer for The Hulk. It showed a man standing in a mirror, and then went to an outside shot of his house. Suddenly, the side of the house explodes. THAT's the kind of stuff that causes a stir. Also, the teaser that shows a snippet from AOTC where Jaango uses his flame thrower. It was really quick but grabbed your attention like a naked woman standing in the middle of an intersection. ;)

6. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    The best trailer ever was the teaser for T3 - Just music and some liquid metal that formed "T3".
    Oh yeah, THAT was exciting!

7. endangeredsp

endangeredsp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2003
    I think movies do well better when trailer teasers are scarce. One example: Jurassic Park. When the Jurassic Park trailers were out you could hardly tell what was going on in the trailers. This increased my desire to go and see the movie.

I think Jurassic Park III did well because of this too.

I agree. GL showed too much before the movies came out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.