JCC George Lucas is engaged

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    ^ True, I concede that. But still...bashing of charitable giving and bashing of the PT is in plenty enough threads without being part of this thread as well. IMHO.
    Juliet316 likes this.
  2. CT-867-5309 Force Ghost

star 5
    Must it? No, but it's a lot funnier when it is.

You're in the JCC, Valairy. Yesterday I mentioned in LACWAC how great the JCC was, and this thread is what I'm talking about.

The trolling, the counter-trolling, the troll feeding and the oblivious cross posting itt is just delightful.
    Last edited by CT-867-5309, Jan 4, 2013
    Healer_Leona likes this.
  3. George Roper Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    *waits for Everton to make a post about the best effect of the prequels was that it forever Mar'ed his life*
  4. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I hope the rock is the size of Anakin Skywalker's head. One month's salary, people.
  5. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, if it is mod-approved to troll, counter-troll, bash, rant and rave - then okay. ;)
  6. tom Chosen One

star 6
    we shouldn't be expected to not give our honest opinion when lucas is brought up in the jcc. a lot of us don't venture out of this forum, mostly because of how we feel about the prequels, the se's, etc. and the subject honestly doesn't come up here very often.
    Ender_Sai likes this.
  7. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    lol at the notion we should "congratulate" (*congradtulate) a celebrity billionaire who doesn't post here and who doesn't care about a bunch of strangers on a messageboard.
    CT-867-5309, tom and George Roper like this.
  8. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I memefied my earlier post for your convenience.

[IMG]
  9. zigazigahh Jedi Master

star 1
    This reminds me of a JCer whose wife basically made him do that. I remember his real name, but can't for the life of me remember his board name, but he went to C4.5?
    JoinTheSchwarz and jp-30 like this.
  10. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Errant_Venture :(
    jp-30 likes this.
  11. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    That's what happened to him? Unconditional love and acceptance, eh?
  12. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    IIRC he didn't even like SW anymore. At least that's what we were led to believe.
  13. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    Yeah, sure, that's the official story, but did you know there were explosions seen at the base of his account?
  14. Aytee-Aytee Force Ghost

star 5
    I've learned the fine art of compromise. For every "50 Shades of Grey" book she buys, I put an Epic Force toy on the coffee table. ;)

She stopped reading them after the first one, claiming that it wasn't that good.

Yet, she still OWNS it...so I'm pretty sure that it was a certain bounty hunter that keeps the perverted world of Twilight fan-fic at bay.
    [IMG]
    Her: "You're never going to get rid of that thing are you?"
    Me: *looks over at bookshelf* "Not today, no." :p
    Last edited by Aytee-Aytee, Jan 4, 2013
  15. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9

That's so sad.
  16. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Yeah, that would be grounds for divorce right there.
  17. drg4 Force Ghost

star 4
    Folks, I apologize for derailing the thread--particularly at such an early juncture.

On a positive note, it's nice to see one of my favorite directors come into further good fortune. Now George, what about those esoteric art films you were purportedly cooking up?
  18. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    That'll be over for you soon- they only made 12 of them. You should dare to expand your collection with the similarly scaled UNLEASHED line. Let us know how that goes over with your better half. Maybe she'll allow it if you'd use them as bookends for every single one of her pulp novels.;)
  19. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    Well, TPM was the first SW film I saw, and it did make me a SW fan, which then led to my registering here... [face_whistling]
  20. The Verbal Machinegun Jedi Youngling

I remember once while i was lurking, i found a thread about some guy losing his virginity at 22 or 23 to an 18 year old. He made the thread and posted about it before and after. Anybody got a link?

It was hilarious.
  21. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    I hope he digitally edits the wedding video to add more guests.
  22. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    lol, I own this.
  23. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    I have thought a long time about this. I think I can finally verbalize my objection here. While bad is the opposite of good, it is not the sole alternative. I was employing good to mean, exceptional, above average, or exemplary in conduct. While tragic figures are usually considered such before their fall, they are typically not held in the same regard afterwards. This is the whole reason we can refer to them as having "fallen" or suffered a reversal of fortune in the first place. So if drg4 argues that after the supposed "tragedy" has befallen him, Lucas still merits such high regard without any change in his fortunes, then it suggests that whatever happened was not a tragedy to begin with, and Lucas is not a tragic figure after all.

In short I would rephrase my original statement to "While he may continue to do estimable things, a tragic figure cannot, after the tragedy has befallen him, continue in the same high esteem in which he was previously held."
  24. Violent Violet Menace Force Ghost

star 4
    Even if the PT sucks (which happens to be my opinion), the guy turned out to make a fortune so great that the collective fortunes of all the posters in this thread couldn't even reach up to the ankles of it. In addition to that, he has raised a family, and has found the love of his life. And he has the respect and admiration of millions of people, among which are his peers in his craft. The guy is living the life. What more can one want, honestly? Anyone claiming his life is in any way tragic needs to take a look in the dictionary. If I could achieve the same success, I'd disappoint millions of fans too. In a heartbeat! :p What's the worst that could happen to you? You waste 20$ in the theater, boo hoo, I'm a real monster! The guy's living the dream; I must say I wish him nothing but luck.
    Last edited by Violent Violet Menace, Jan 6, 2013
  25. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    [IMG]

George sent Spielberg a message that said, "You may have the Oscars, but I got this!"