main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC George Lucas is engaged

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    ^ True, I concede that. But still...bashing of charitable giving and bashing of the PT is in plenty enough threads without being part of this thread as well. IMHO.

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Must it? No, but it's a lot funnier when it is.

You're in the JCC, Valairy. Yesterday I mentioned in LACWAC how great the JCC was, and this thread is what I'm talking about.

The trolling, the counter-trolling, the troll feeding and the oblivious cross posting itt is just delightful.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  3. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    *waits for Everton to make a post about the best effect of the prequels was that it forever Mar'ed his life*

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I hope the rock is the size of Anakin Skywalker's head. One month's salary, people.

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, if it is mod-approved to troll, counter-troll, bash, rant and rave - then okay. ;)

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    we shouldn't be expected to not give our honest opinion when lucas is brought up in the jcc. a lot of us don't venture out of this forum, mostly because of how we feel about the prequels, the se's, etc. and the subject honestly doesn't come up here very often.

Ender_Sai likes this.
  7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    lol at the notion we should "congratulate" (*congradtulate) a celebrity billionaire who doesn't post here and who doesn't care about a bunch of strangers on a messageboard.

CT-867-5309, tom and George Roper like this.
  8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I memefied my earlier post for your convenience.

[​IMG]

9. zigazigahh

zigazigahh Jedi Master star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    This reminds me of a JCer whose wife basically made him do that. I remember his real name, but can't for the life of me remember his board name, but he went to C4.5?

JoinTheSchwarz and jp-30 like this.
  10. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Errant_Venture :(

jp-30 likes this.
  11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    That's what happened to him? Unconditional love and acceptance, eh?

12. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    IIRC he didn't even like SW anymore. At least that's what we were led to believe.

13. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, sure, that's the official story, but did you know there were explosions seen at the base of his account?

14. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    I've learned the fine art of compromise. For every "50 Shades of Grey" book she buys, I put an Epic Force toy on the coffee table. ;)

She stopped reading them after the first one, claiming that it wasn't that good.

Yet, she still OWNS it...so I'm pretty sure that it was a certain bounty hunter that keeps the perverted world of Twilight fan-fic at bay.
    [​IMG]
    Her: "You're never going to get rid of that thing are you?"
    Me: *looks over at bookshelf* "Not today, no." :p

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000

That's so sad.

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, that would be grounds for divorce right there.

17. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Folks, I apologize for derailing the thread--particularly at such an early juncture.

On a positive note, it's nice to see one of my favorite directors come into further good fortune. Now George, what about those esoteric art films you were purportedly cooking up?

18. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    That'll be over for you soon- they only made 12 of them. You should dare to expand your collection with the similarly scaled UNLEASHED line. Let us know how that goes over with your better half. Maybe she'll allow it if you'd use them as bookends for every single one of her pulp novels.;)

19. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Well, TPM was the first SW film I saw, and it did make me a SW fan, which then led to my registering here... [face_whistling]

20. The Verbal Machinegun

The Verbal Machinegun Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2013
    I remember once while i was lurking, i found a thread about some guy losing his virginity at 22 or 23 to an 18 year old. He made the thread and posted about it before and after. Anybody got a link?

It was hilarious.

21. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I hope he digitally edits the wedding video to add more guests.

22. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    lol, I own this.

23. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I have thought a long time about this. I think I can finally verbalize my objection here. While bad is the opposite of good, it is not the sole alternative. I was employing good to mean, exceptional, above average, or exemplary in conduct. While tragic figures are usually considered such before their fall, they are typically not held in the same regard afterwards. This is the whole reason we can refer to them as having "fallen" or suffered a reversal of fortune in the first place. So if drg4 argues that after the supposed "tragedy" has befallen him, Lucas still merits such high regard without any change in his fortunes, then it suggests that whatever happened was not a tragedy to begin with, and Lucas is not a tragic figure after all.

In short I would rephrase my original statement to "While he may continue to do estimable things, a tragic figure cannot, after the tragedy has befallen him, continue in the same high esteem in which he was previously held."

24. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Even if the PT sucks (which happens to be my opinion), the guy turned out to make a fortune so great that the collective fortunes of all the posters in this thread couldn't even reach up to the ankles of it. In addition to that, he has raised a family, and has found the love of his life. And he has the respect and admiration of millions of people, among which are his peers in his craft. The guy is living the life. What more can one want, honestly? Anyone claiming his life is in any way tragic needs to take a look in the dictionary. If I could achieve the same success, I'd disappoint millions of fans too. In a heartbeat! :p What's the worst that could happen to you? You waste 20$ in the theater, boo hoo, I'm a real monster! The guy's living the dream; I must say I wish him nothing but luck.

25. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    [​IMG]

George sent Spielberg a message that said, "You may have the Oscars, but I got this!"