main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC George Lucas is enraged

Discussion in 'Community' started by halibut, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    You're wrong. OT > OT:SE > PT and TPM = best of prequels.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The PT gets I think too much disappointment backlash, same as those who hate on something because it's not exactly like the source material (Watchmen being a good example, so they changed the ending big deal it was still good). I personally consider the PT movies to be average 3 star standard, which is not exactly bad just not great like those that came before them.
    I understand if one likes the Lord of the Rings books a lot and were disappointed with how Jackson did them and the changes he made, that doesn't make the movies themselves bad even if you consider them poor adaptations.

There is much in the PT that I like, there is also much that makes me want to throw things at the TV.

Calling them terrible lumbers them with movies such as Batman & Robin, and seriously they aren't that bad. Even an average Star Wars movie is better than many other movies. Terrible movies have nothing going for them.

I get that it disappointed a lot of people, it disappointed me too. Heck Indy 4 annoyed me but it didn't undermine the other 3 movies or ruin the franchise for me because I can ignore it (until such a time as Spielberg does a Director's Cut which changes the ending, if that ever happens).

But movies, like all forms of art, are subjectively viewed. So we all like or dislike different things. Some people like Michael Bay's Transformers movies, some people don't like The Godfather, it happens.

3. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    HELLO CAN ANYONE HEAR ME I SEEM TO BE STUCK IN THIS PORTAL HELLO HELP

tom likes this.
  4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    I AM HERE I CAN HEAR YOU WHAT IS THIS PLACE I AM SCARED

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    It is the Hall of Loving the Prequels....

nah, can't really do that cuz even I don't care of ATOC or ROTS....

6. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    IT IS STRANGELY COLD IN HERE

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    YOU COME FROM A WARM PLANET ANAKIN SPACE IS COLD HERE IS A BLANKET LETS GET MARRIED BUT NOT UNTIL YOURE TWELVE

CT-867-5309 and RC-1991 like this.
  8. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    hey, when it's meant, it's meant. Can't fight destiny. And she's only how much older than him when they do marry? Every girl needs a boytoy. [face_tee_hee]

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    About half the age difference between Han and Leia.

Carry on with your PT dislike otherwise, but Padme being older than Anakin was not a flaw unless Han being older than Leia was an OT flaw, which it wasn't.

10. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    george lucas is ENGORGED

11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    age differences tend to mean a bit less when both parties are adults.

12. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I totally agree.

AAAAAH, you so wasted that.

you so wasted that there

13. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    i didn't want to start a whole thread about his engorgement. besides, this way japes can steal another one of my ideas.

14. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    ok, it'd only get locked. But I would've lol

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    And Padme and Anakin were, when it mattered. I'm surprised anyone sees anything romantic in the blanket scenario but OK.

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    anakin did. i got the impression it was why he was immediately so hot to trot for her again when they met later on. "just being around her again is intoxicating..", etc.

17. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    oh i thought it was because he smelled her sex.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    We can agree to disagree on that.

I get irritated when people point out Anakin and Padme's age difference when it's only five years, nobody mentions Han and Leia's age difference when it's almost 11 years, and the only possible explanation for the discrepancy is the fact that with A/P the woman is older...but if you see the romance starting between two kids in TPM, OK. I didn't but I won't argue with you.

Carry on.