main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

GEORGE LUCAS IS GOING TO BE AT C3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    That would be cool.

If enough people want to see the same thing, like say 4 or so, you can take turns so not one person is stuck in line all day. Jeff & I did that, & Jeff, ZOO, Adam & I did that for a couple of things. So for the list makers, that could be something else you can make a list of, who wants to do what????

2. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    that sounds cool we can switch off,we could have someone in all the lines

3. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    yeah...that is when the cell phone list will come in handy. :) ha ha ha

4. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    If you could what would you ask Mr.Lucas?

I would as him......

What was he Smoking when he thought of Star Wars.

just kidding.

5. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Well I plan on standing in line to see Lucas. I want to be first in line.

6. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001

Somebody's probably already started a line by now....FLOL!

7. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    Stage Times:
    8:45 -- 9:15 a.m.
    9:35 -- 10:05 a.m.
    10:25 -- 10:55 a.m.
    Sagamore Ballroom, 2nd floor
    All shows will seat from the north doors and exit from the east doors. The audience will exit at the end of each show. The Sagamore Ballroom seats approximately 3,300 people.

Seating System

There are both Fan Club and non-Fan Club lines outside the Convention Center. The Fan Club entrance heads west down Maryland St., starting under the Marriott hotel skyway. The non-Fan Club line will run east from the Maryland St. lobby east entrance, and wrap south down Capitol Ave.

Seating for the 8:45 show will start at 8 a.m.

Approximately 70% of the first-show seating will be from the Fan Club line, and 30% from the non-member line. To sign up for the Fan Club, visit the Hyperspace/Insider booth in the Registration area before Saturday.

Show management plans to count and identify people with a visible marker between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m. Be sure to be in the line at that time. If you miss the count you will not have another opportunity to get an identification marker. There will be no holding places for others in line.

If you do not have the provided identification you will not be allowed on the second floor until after the final show has been seated, or at about 10:30 a.m.

You must have a valid Celebration III badge, which you should obtain before Saturday. It is doubtful that people will be able to purchase a badge Saturday morning in time to get in line for one of the shows.

Once all are seated for the first show, queuing will start for the second show.

Approximately 70% of the seating for the second show will come from the Fan Club line, and 30% from the non-member line.

2nd show guests who have received an identification marker will then enter the building, go upstairs, and into the queue on the second floor.

Third show guests will be given identification markers: 30% from the Fan Club line and 70% from the non-member line.

Doors will open to all Fan Club members for early entry to the rest of Celebration III at 9 a.m.

At approximately 9:25 a.m. those Fan Club members with identification markers will be allowed upstairs to queue.

At about 9:30 a.m., those in the non-member line with identification markers will be allowed into the Convention Center, and should proceed up the stairs to the queue for the third and final show. The doors will open to the rest of the non-member line at the normal time of 10 a.m.
    The R2-D2 Builders' Room and Star Wars in Pop Culture, both on the second floor, will open at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, April 23.

Times or schedules may change. Please check the onsite schedule and the screens at the Information Booth to confirm the exact time, date, and location of George Lucas' appearances at Celebration III.

8. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    Ok, so the schedule for Lucas has been released. So the question is what time is the best time to start standing in line?

There are 3 showings, I was thinking, if I get the at 12:00 A.M. I should be able to get one of the front row seats, or at least I hope so. So does anyone want to do this in shifts, if so we could get there even earlier. Like right when the convention closes, say we do a 2 hour shift. So say, someone starts at 8:00 P.M. and waits until 10. Then the next person comes at 10:00 at waits until 12:00, so on and so on. The tricky part is for the 2 am person, at that point we could do 1 hour shifts until 5:00. Then at 5 everyone that helped comes and stands in line so that they can get there ticket at 6:00 a.m. and wait until the convention opens. That might work the best. Any other ideas. If no one else wants to participate, I will be there by my self. But I will not be holding spots for anyone in line. Sorry.

9. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    So if anyone is interested, start posting here.

8 - 10 - Slot Open
    10 - 12 - Slot Open
    12 - 2 - BFett88
    2 - 3 - Slot Open
    3 - 4 - Slot Open
    4 - 5 - Slot Open

If we get enough people who want to hang out in line, we could even start in the middle of the day.

I would do more than one shift if I had to. We could even start like at 4 in the afternoon. We can also have more than one person per slot, as long as all of the others are filled.

But that is if anyone is interested. :)

10. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    So is anyone interested?????

11. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I'll go ;)

12. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm not planning on doing this myself, but one thing I was wondering - when they say "there will be no holding places for others in line. ", are they refering only to getting an ID number for people who are not there, or is this a general rule for this event?

13. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I think all the questions that he'll actually answer have already been asked. If anyone asks anything about the future of Star Wars, the characters, or anything that isn't already out, I'm pretty sure all his answers are going to sound like John Kerry's during the election. Any answers will sound like this:

"Well, I don't know. But did you know SW is coming out in 3D?"

"I'm not really sure. But have you seen the latest action figures on the shelves?"

"It's an idea, but nobody's really though about it -- but that's neither here nor there -- just forgive me for 'Howard the Duck.'"

14. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    I think what they mean is. On person is standing in line all night. Then when they start to hand out tickets at like 6. 30 More people come and cut in line.

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i will come and help stand in line..i WILL have to get some sleep if not i will get sick and it won't be pretty. but i do want to see mr. lucas.

16. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    "So George, you're done with the six-ology. We've heard rumors about a TV show. What can you tell us?"

"Well, there's a new Indiana Jones film that we're looking at doing, and all the characters and sets with be 100% digital. We took a nude body scan of Harrison Ford, and through the magic of technology we've made him look 20 years younger. We attempted to scan Calista to add her into the movie, but as you can see in the slide..."

Careful kids, this might almost qualify as PG-13

"...As you can see in the slide, the polygon count from her body scan wasn't enough for our team to work with."

"Yes, but what about the Star Wars TV show?"

"Sorry, only one question per person. Next."

17. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm gonna have to play this by ear at the Con. I've seen him before, so if I miss out this time around, it won't be a monumental loss for me personally.

Besides, as a general rule, he doesn't do autographs anyway.

Plus, it's only 1/2 hour, which will go like the blink of an eye....

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    zoom-your ?'s are priceless.

19. darth-jar

darth-jar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    :eek: [face_laugh] =D=

Good stuff Zoom_Cthooga!

20. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    BFett, a friend of mine and I are already planning to get in line Friday night right after the FF party, which would probably be around midnight sometime. We plan on being there all night.

21. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    I might be interested.

22. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Grimby, be careful, I'm hearing that Indy has a loitering issue btween 11pm and 4am.

23. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Well if I heard right, there were people camping outside to get into C2. So hopefully it won't be a problem.

24. Zeiken

Zeiken Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2005
    if all goes well at CIII, i wont even be able to stand straight anytime after 11, so standing in line is out of the question. ;)

25. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I'm sure that with so many people in the RMFF becoming adept at building props now, we can probably rig something up that looked like a mail box or a trash can that you could be cleverly disguised as, hence not attracting the attention of authorities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.