main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

George Lucas Jedi action figure

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Notnowtodd, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Notnowtodd

Notnowtodd Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2013
    I have a sealed George Lucas action figure as a Jedi master. Never seen one before and I am wondering if it has any value? I checked the Internet but found nothing. Any help would be great.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Moving to Collecting as Comms isn't the right place for this.

Do you have a pic of the figure?

3. Notnowtodd

Feb 12, 2013
    Yes I do.

[​IMG]

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I can't find anything on this. Is there any information on the back that gives a clue?

5. Notnowtodd

Feb 12, 2013
    I cant remember who gave this to me but I believe it was when I worked at dreamworks awhile back. Its possible there were only a few of these made making me think its only one of a handful. It has Hasbro at the bottom and could be a test item but I think they were meant as gifts for some of the studio heads. I am friends with one of Steven Spielberg's former assistants from his company Amblin Ent. I may have gotten it from her. I noticed it has a #1 at the top if that means anything, maybe the only one ever made?

I dont know but maybe I have the holy grail of star wars memorabilia ;)

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's possible. The only references I could find to Lucas action figures were the Jorg Sacul figure in flight suit and a figure in stormie armor. I couldn't find anything on a Jedi figure. I'll have another look later as I have other collecting books.

7. Notnowtodd

Feb 12, 2013
    Thanks, I appreciate your help!

8. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I have never seen that POTF figure before. I have GL as a rebel pilot and the Lucas family box set that came out back in 2006 but it sounds like you have a real gem there :)

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I hate to bring up the 'F' word (no, not that one), but since Mike and I have come up blank, are you sure this is genuine and not a fake?

10. Notnowtodd

Feb 12, 2013
    I don't think so. If it is a fake somebody went through an awful lot of trouble to make it look real and if it was wouldn't there be more of them or some mention of them on the internet? The packaging looks absolutely real, but you guys would know better than me.

I asked my friend Tiffany from Amblin and she remembers it but doesn't remember what the details of it were. But she said that Steven gets thing like this all the time. She said that she's seen several things like this given to SS from Lucas himself, toys, props and so on for his kids (when they were younger). She doesn't work for him anymore or she would ask him herself, not that he would remember this, it's been over 10 years ago. My guess is this is some gift or test item from the people at Hasbro for Lucas and thats why it's unique and nowhere to be found on the web. Just a guess though.

I'll take a video of it and post it to my vimeo page so you can get a better look at it.

Again, thanks guys for the help.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, I'll take a look in a couple of my other books to see if it's listed. But if it was a gift to staff then it might not be in there.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Followup - I checked four books while the current batch of Windows Updates installed and I didn't see this figure listed. Since we came up empty you might want to ask the question on Rebelscum - our sister site. You have to register to post there but it's free. I did take a quick look at their photo archives for POTJ figures and didn't see anything. (Bet they'd like a few photos once it's identified though!)

13. Notnowtodd

Feb 12, 2013
    Here is a video if it helps.

14. Notnowtodd

Feb 12, 2013
    Thanks, I'll give it a try!

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just looked at your video - it sure looks real. I'd post the video over on Rebelscum as suggested above and see if anyone there knows. They have more collecting forums than we do - I'd either look for an exclusives forum or a POTJ forum, otherwise something like non-vintage collectibles..

If they identify it be sure to let us know what they say!

16. Notnowtodd

Feb 12, 2013
    I will! Thanks!

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Curiouser & curiouser..I came across this auction that says this is a custom figure.

STAR WARS CUSTOM CARDED FIGURE
    JEDI GEORGE LUCAS with protective case
    This item is a one-of-a-kind custom figure: Star Wars creator George Lucas as a Jedi Knight! I picked this up on ebay a couple of years ago. Whoever made this custom carded figure did a fantastic job! One has to look very carefully to see w the "Power of the Jedi" card and bubble were slightly separated to allow the removal and insertion of the figure. I think the figure's package, body, cloak, and lightsaber originally came with this Obi-Wan Kenobi figure issued in 2000: /images/I/518WQ8WJAWL.jpg
    The creator of this item even made a George Lucas "Jedi Force File" booklet. I have never opened the packaging to see the inside of the Force File, but the front features a picture of George Lucas and the title "Father of the Force". The back of the Force File (visible on the back of the packaging) reads: "George Lucas has become the most influential writer in the movie industry to date. With the release of "STAR WARS" on May 25th, 1977, George has mistified [ sic ] viewers and kept every fan eagerly waiting for the next installment of these films." VITAL STATISTICS: Species - Human, Height - 1.70 meters, Homeworld - Marin, CA.

The auction is from 2010.

You might want to take a closer look at yours..

18. Notnowtodd

Feb 12, 2013
    Yep, that's what mine is exactly. I can see what appears to be the same small opening in the package where the new figure was inserted. I wonder who it was that made these and how many were created? Thanks for your research, I'm sure I never would have figured this out on my own!

I'd be curious to know what it sold for.

Thanks! Todd

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'd be curious as well, but not curious enough to sign up to the web site. You're on your own with that. It's been awhile since someone stumped both Mike and me on a figure!

20. Notnowtodd

Feb 12, 2013
    I agree, I'm not paying a website for that either! Glad to know more about what I've got though thanks to you guys! Appreciate the effort!

Todd