main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

george lucas MUST be held accountable.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by jamie69, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamie69

jamie69 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    upon viewing the 'disaster' that was AOTC i feel that the situation with gorgeous georges abilities,or lack of,as a director must be addressed.
    pronto.
    so,who's with me?
    anyone?

2. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    sorry i feel that it was a great film
    It did jump around in place to much and sometimes was corny but it was great!

3. Darth_Dashit

Darth_Dashit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Eh, no. Some silly scene's, some stupid dialogue, its what star wars is about.
    But the effects, the little "in-jokes", the DEATH STAR, what more do you want.

4. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    You'll be telling us Episode 1 was great next.

5. Darth_Dashit

Aug 12, 2001
    No, EpI was *****. But there were reasons it was set up the way it was. The story had to start somewhere, most people say they would make changes to it, but very few would re-write it. Anakin was too young, going to Tatooine was too easy, finding Anakin, JAR JAR, and the whole Anakin destroying the droid control ship, the whole story is based on luck.

6. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    AOTC was a cleaver film, still mainly a kid film like we've grown up on but its the start of the story with the dark rising, and mostly feel people are against it cos the OT was the hero story, the young lad told of his destiny and brought down the empire, this one is compleatly opposite to the heros trail, so it wont feel as much like a morden myth

7. Jumping Jedi Flash

Jumping Jedi Flash Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 1999
    the whole story is based on luck

Have you ever seen Star Wars (original), the droids crash land on a desert planet and end up in the hands of the one person that would later save the galaxy.

Just dont talk about luck and the star wars movies it doesnt hold up.

ep2 better then ep1, but ep2 isnt still as good as original 1-3.

8. Darth_Dashit

Aug 12, 2001
    Yeah that is a major plot hole, Tatooine is on the rim, alderan is an important planet so im guessing in closer to the center, so even if they have just met some spys and got the plans to the Death star, why were they so far out???

9. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    well the plothole seems like that but Leia is looking for Obi Wan isn't she? I know he was in hiding but she musted of found out where he was!

10. Sifu

Sifu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 1999
    Episode 2 is up there with the OT if not better. It brings a whole new level to the SW universe. It has everything that you could wish for, including a great story.

11. Darth_Dashit

Aug 12, 2001
    I dont think Leia was looking for Obi-wan, if they haden't been intercepted she would have delivered the plans herself.

12. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    well i guess then you must consider where they was coming from? you said they was intercepted so was they on the way to alderaan from somewhere further away then tatoine
    sorry about my spelling tonight

13. jamie69

jamie69 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    right,concentrate on answering this question and this question only,no tangents please.
    why do padme and anakin fall in love?

14. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    ok that one is a bit foolish, there seems to be no other reason then just in TPM he called her an angel, i do think if he wanted to keep the love in the story he needed to do a better job on it, but he doesnt make it to bad, and it doesnt seem to last to long

and who knows, they may of just got on really well and just felt they was soulmates??!!

15. The_Maker

The_Maker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    This may be construed as flaming, but who cares.

screw you jamie69

16. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    will none of you ever be happy with anything Lucas does besides the OT? Everything anyone complains about is the same as the OT like the bad jokes....live with it

17. The_Maker

The_Maker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    ok maybe not screw you - boo you instead

18. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    you dont need to get like that

19. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    Why did they fall in love? Why does anyone fall in love?

20. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    they had to, it was in the script ;)

21. CountDucky

CountDucky Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    you gotta admit - the script was funny in places...even if it wasn't meant to be!

22. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    Why does anyone fall in love? Exactly.

Anyhow, who knows how long they were on Naboo for. After all in ESB, it only takes 20 mins for Han/Leia to get to Bespin when in reality the period is more like 2-3 months (whilst Luke is training). Who says that sort of period hasn't elapsed in AotC?

Two people under immense pressure, put in close containment with each other, especially as one is assigned to look after the other. Also despite what Padme said before they went into the arena, a lot of the relationship is one sided... Anakin. The obsessive part of his character coming out and may be a factor in EP3...

23. Mercury_Rapids

Mercury_Rapids Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    Well, I think ALL the SW films are terrific entertainment. They are designed to be action/adventure films with the emphasis on the action and not on the dialogue. The plotlines are thin with loads of holes, but who cares? Not me.. I just sit back and enjoy the trip for 2 hours.

I must admit, though, that the 2 films directed by Kershner and Marquand repectively are better dramatically than all of George's efforts. Obviously those two directors knew how to get more from their actors than George.

Just my opinion.. :)

24. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

why do padme and anakin fall in love?

What the feck sort of question is that? I didn't like Titanic that much but I don't base my indifference to it on the fact that Jack and Rose fell in love. Jamie69, if you can't come up with a better argument than that then I'm afraid you don't have a point.

25. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    AOTC is the film TPM should have been. Fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.