main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

George Lucas och TPM DVD

Discussion in 'Nordic Countries Discussion' started by JediLynx, Sep 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediLynx

JediLynx Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 2, 2000
    Copy-pastat från en tråd på sw.nu forumet. Tyckte det var så himla kul att ni som inte brukar dyka upp där borde få en chans att läsa det.... :)

Posted - 20 Sep 2001 : 01:26:38
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    STAR WARS
    PHANTOM MENACE SPECIAL EDITION

SPECIAL FEATURES
    * Gungan Language Track
    * Gungans, Gungans, Gungans!
    * ?Why Gungans?? Featurette
    * ?Meesa So Horny? Music Video
    * Deleted scenes of more damn Gungans
    * Widescreen Presentation (with yet more Gungans)

DIRECTOR'S COMMENTARY

NEESON: Hello, and welcome to the long-awaited DVD issue of STAR WARS: THE PHANTOM MENACE. I'm Liam Neeson, and I played the somewhat world-weary Jedi Knight, Qui Gon Jinn...

McGREGOR: ...I'm Ewan McGregor, I played the young Obi Wan Kenobi, the role of course made famous by the brilliant Alec Guinness in the original films. With us today, through the magic of DVD audio tracks, is the mastermind of the entire Star Wars saga, George Lucas.

LUCAS: You know, I don't remember either one of you.

NEESON: Heh!

McGREGOR: He's having us on. Good one, George!

LUCAS: No, I'm not.

NEESON: George--we played the Jedi Knights in the film, remember?

LUCAS: Oh, RIGHT! Right right right. You're ACTORS.

McGREGOR: ?

LUCAS: Sorry. Sorry! Actors can be a very important part of a film.

NEESON: ...

LUCAS: It was a very big production. I can't remember everyone who worked
    on it.

NEESON: I can't believe you can't remember us...

McGREGOR: We were in that absurd little room with the green screen behind us for AGES.

LUCAS: Wait, I remember you now. I do. You guys did great work. Really good. It added a lot to the film, honestly. Your reaction shots to the CGI were sometimes so dead on I almost BELIEVED that you were also computer-generated. That's talent, and in your own way, you contributed almost as much to the finished film as the guy who makes the "Zow! Zap!" sounds line up on the soundtrack. Listen, this whole "name" thing is hard for me, so I'm just going to call you HUMAN #1 and HUMAN #2, okay?

PORTMAN: Hello, all. I'm Natalie Portman, and I'm 90% certain I play either a character or a series of two characters in this film. Also, the title scroll just went by and already, I'm completely lost. Apparently, this is an action- packed family science-fantasy thriller about import/exports. Sort of an intergalactic Pier One.

LUCAS: Since you were the girl in the film, I'll call you GIRL HUMAN.

LLOYD: Christ, I could go for a cold one.

LUCAS: GAAAAH!

PORTMAN: Don't be frightened, George. That's just Jake Lloyd, who played the adorable little heartstring-tugging future mass murderer, Anakin Skywalker, whom you might remember either from your script or your Nintendo 64.

LUCAS: Good God! Someone upgraded him!

LLOYD: Can I bum a smoke? Anyone?

NEESON: George, I was going to ask you about this opening shot. Usually in a Star Wars film, you start with a tremendously dramatic first scene, and yet here, it's just these oddball green guys talking about trade negotiations. It's like the business report for aubergine-heads.

LUCAS: Know what's cool? This looks like it was filmed in space but it wasn't.

McGREGOR: I like this scene because I get a chance to show off my Alec Guinness voice. "Master Yoda told me to be mindful of the future." He's the wisest and deepest hand-puppet in all the universe.

LUCAS: What he's SAYING is that you should think of the future sometimes.

NEESON: ...And then my line is, "But not at the expense of the present."

LUCAS: That means think of future but also don't forget to think about now.

PORTMAN: It helps when you're here to explain it. This is a nice effects shot, by the way, the ships in space. Pretty.

LUCAS: Insider secret: Those aren't real spaceships.

BEST: WILLI-WACKA-WUMBO! SCOODILY-DOODILY-DOO-DOO!

LUCAS: Hahahahahaha!

BEST: I'm Ahmed Best, and I played Jar Jar Binks, the reluctant Gungan hero. George loves it when I talk. It doesn't even matter what I say! Jar Jar Binks!

2. Quiet Queen

Quiet Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1999
  3. Pingu

Pingu Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2001
    Skitbra : )

4. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Så enormt roligt. Helander är sveriges Star Wars guru!

5. Adali-Kiri

Adali-Kiri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Det der var massivt! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.