George Lucas retires from filmmaking

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by VadersLaMent, Jan 18, 2012.

1. WormieSaber Force Ghost

star 5
    Dash Rendar was a substitute for Han Solo during his untimely dismiss in TESB, lol. He grew on me, though. He was a fun character in the Nintendo64 Shadows of the Empire game.
  2. Jedi_Reject_Jesse Force Ghost

star 7
    Ever see The Phantom Edit? They took Jar Jar, dubbed his voice with a gibberish alien language, and through subtitles made him a totally sly, wise-cracking character like Han. It worked extremely well and made TPM almost watchable. That's when I realized TPM - indeed the prequels as a whole, desperately needed a Han Solo/Jack Sparrow/James "Sawyer" Ford character.
  3. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I haven't paid attention to any of the film edits but that sounds hilarious. I'll have to check it out.
  4. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Huh, I didn't know that. Clever.
  5. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hayden could have done a conflicted character, if he had a director who understood how to direct actors.

Lucas has shown he can direct a car chase. And that's about it. He is infamous as a horrible actor-director.

But with Lucas as both writer and director, the prequels didn't stand a chance.

Dash Rendar? meh. Wouldn't have mattered. Everyone can pretty much write his or her own idea for a script for the prequels and have it be better than what we were given. OK, almost everyone. Just from a basic concept.

So once again, I am glad to hear Lucas is retiring.

Now, if he would just stop &*#$ing with the movies he already released, put them back to the way they were, and quietly exit out the back door, I would be much happier. (I suspect I'm not alone in that wish, but will not attempt to form a poll to ascertain for certain)
  6. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I'm hearing CGI Yoda will be in TPM 3D. So much for the SE being the definitive cinematic & TV versions.

Still, I will most likely get myself a pair of Podracer 3D glasses

[image=http://edge.alluremedia.com.au/m/g/2012/01/StarWarsAngleLeft-640x360.jpg]
    I'm just a sad fan like that :p
  7. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    I need those!
  8. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Aaaaand looking up local AMC locations...
  9. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    My boys and I are there a week from Sunday. :D I can't wait. I've got three locations to choose from; I'll probably end up at the one that lets me buy tickets online, which is incidentally the same place I saw AOTC on opening night.
  10. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Apparently there are also Darth Maul-style 3D glasses available.

I have asked the 50st & Rebel Legion to attend the cinema I work at on TPM opening weekend, with the posters and glasses too it should be a fun day.
  11. Nagai Jedi Youngling

star 3
    The franchise should be given to the Triumvirate of Dave Filoni, James Luceno and John Jackson Miller.