main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga George Lucas retiring from SW films (What does this mean for the future of SW?)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by fistofan1, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Enough. If you cannot discuss the films or even the original topic this thread is going under. Heero, stop dragging the conversation off topic. Same for you, Obi-Rob. If I have to post this up again both of you are taking a walk.-Darth Boba

2. StarWar

StarWar Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2012
    1977 theatrical print scan:
    [​IMG]
    2011 blu-ray raised to the same brightness:
    [​IMG]

Nice job for a "million dollar" restoration.

And how about this?
    1977 theatrical print screening photo:
    [​IMG]
    2011 blu-ray:
    [​IMG]

Very nice job, especially the saber and the skin color.

3. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Things like that dont fool me. Sorry. [face_tee_hee][face_talk_hand]I-)

You can put any image of any movie under a ridiculous magnifying glass with a smug, perfectionist, my-taste-knows-best attitude and make a case that which ever screen posted looks "wrong".

You just pulled the oldest trick in the book. Posted two slightly different images of SW next to each other and demonized the official, smoothed out one that George Lucas prefers. How original.

I think the OOT images look dated and fake compared to the official images. The official images match the rest of the saga much more.

I like the film how lucas likes it. Finished.

And FYI the 1997 cleaning and restoration process done on Episodes 4,5 and 6 was to this day one of the most meticulous restoration processes ever preformed on a film. The original negative was so aged and damaged so badly. The cleaning up they did saved the films. The Saga looks awesome in full 1080p HD on cable and blu-ray.

4. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    This thread makes babies Luke & Leia cry

Me too, now that the high res screen grabs have made their way in. I don't suppose anyone has any insight into the actual future of the Star Wars franchise, or what GL himself might have in mind for the little hobby films he's wanted to play with for decades?

David Lynch had some fun for a few years shooting little shorts on DV & making animations for his website, a lot of which were quite good - wouldn't it be great if George Lucas did the same thing?

5. TOSCHESTATION

TOSCHESTATION Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    [face_laugh]

[face_whistling]

6. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Okay. I think we're done here discussing Lucas' retirement. When something new pops up, we can create a new thread.

Until then, this thread out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.