main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas says he doesn't like TFA, compares Disney to "White Slavers"

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Prequel_Rubbish, Dec 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prequel_Rubbish

Prequel_Rubbish Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2014
  2. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
  3. JeeediMoriah

JeeediMoriah Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2014
  4. dan1210

dan1210 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 27, 2015
    everythings old in that article dude.

5. MoffJacob

MoffJacob Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    Same person who claimed ESB was the weakest movie of the OT

6. Prequel_Rubbish

Prequel_Rubbish Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2014
    Oh sorry I didn't know there was already a thread. I thought that one was about the interview he did earlier this year?

7. dan1210

dan1210 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 27, 2015
    he keeps harping on about his sequels were about family and not spaceships...wasnt tfa about family problems too or did i miss something...

8. JeeediMoriah

JeeediMoriah Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2014
    The thead title refers to the earlier one but OP edited original post to include it. Perhaps a mod can change the thread title to better indicate that?

9. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Of course it was. And it was about personal journeys. Lucas' comments have nothing to do with the reality of TFA, as far as I'm concerned.

10. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    He never said in the Daily Mail article that he didn't like TFA.

11. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    He off the deep end. He nailed it with Star Wars:ANH, he did not direct ESB, he took more control over ROTJ......, the special edition changes...... then the prequels.

I appreciate his original vision but at this point he needs to STFU. Make a f-ing decent movie in the past decade and then talk about how things should be. I saw how he thought things should be...... and I am glad he sold Star Wars to... anyone.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  12. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I say it's highly disrespectful to say that someone should STFU about their own legacy. As far as I'm concerned, GL's three latest movies are magical.
    I don't necessarily agree with him about TFA (since I happen to love it), but he has every right to say whatever he wants about it.
    It's not like it'll make a difference in the end anyway, so... why not just STFU and enjoy the movie?

13. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    So he shouldn't, but we should? Screw that.

14. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    No, that's not what I said. I simply offered a suggestion. You can lambast Lucas for his statements if you want, but I prefer to just leave him be and enjoy the things I like.

15. Pfluegermeister

Jun 30, 2003
    If that's the case, perhaps you should consider taking your own "suggestion" to heart.

16. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    It's a suggestion, not a "suggestion" - and I already do.

17. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    So GL wanted his $4B and also wanted to keep creative control of Star Wars? I think he's actually been rich and unquestioned by everyone around him for so long he actually thinks that's how it works.

Reworded properly: "It's like selling your kids to slavers, and then complaining that the slavers are abusing them."
    @Pfluegermeister Let me translate this to galactic basic for you:

"I am an ass**** and I hate anyone who doesn't think like me."[face_laugh]

18. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Seems like people are deliberately putting words in GL's mouth...

Alrighty then. See ya 'round.

19. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Yep. And besides, he then complains that he really wanted to do a movie with, you guessed it, new spaceships!

The dude is done. Whatever genius he had is spent.

Tanjint and Pfluegermeister like this.
  20. Pfluegermeister

Jun 30, 2003
    Lulu, I can tell right off the bat that any substantive discussion on this is going to offend you, distress you, or otherwise make you uncomfortable. It's perfectly obvious by reading your posts.

So my considered advice to you is this: LEAVE THIS THREAD. Not because we don't want you here (though you certainly haven't endeared yourself to me yet...), but because you yourself won't want to BE here. Not if or when people truly get started talking here.

Because some of us have legitimate issues with George Walton Lucas, Jr. that you yourself may not have; they are based on years and years of observing the man's behavior and coming to the absolutely inescapable conclusion that, as good as The Thing That He Made actually is when it's firing on all cylinders, The Man Himself is a deeply flawed individual, with ideas that sometimes do not fly and opinions that sometimes do not sufficiently overlap with those of the rest of the human race. Most artists are, true enough, but to then say that we can't or shouldn't discuss those opinions because it makes YOU uncomfortable? Please. The very idea is ludicrous on its face, and to suggest that we should adhere to it for the sake of your feelings is both patently offensive and contrary to the very idea of a DISCUSSION FORUM.

21. Pfluegermeister

Jun 30, 2003
    And by the way, just so we're clear, this thread is doing the exact same damned job that two other threads are already doing - and one of those also will have to go as surely as this one does. If we want to discuss this, we frankly should go to the George Lucas and the Mystery of the Treatment thread and have this one closed down. There is not and hasn't been a need for also-ran threads created by people who care more about themselves and their opinions than for the forum's publicly-stated intention to remove redundancy in threads.

22. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    No, no, no.

I already said that you're free to do as you will, but that it might be a good idea to focus on the positive. Perhaps I communicated this in a way that didn't fly with you - and for that, I apologize - but you're jumping to conclusions here.

The fact is, I'd already left this discussion when you made that last post.

Regarding Lucas, let's just agree to disagree for now.

Have a happy new year!

23. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Well even artists have their time I suppose, but for me TFA appears more about generating $$$ than generating artistry... so it's still a valid point.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.