main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

GEORGE LUCAS TO RECEIVE 33rd AFI LIFE ACHIEVEMENT AWARD

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by wicket_the_ewok, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    This is kind of old news, but George Lucas will be awarded the AFI Life Achievement Award this June. Go to AFI.com for more info.

2. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    George Lucas will be getting his afi lifetime achievement award tonight on the USA Network (well he has already got it, it is just being broadcast tonight). it comes on at 8 and 10pm. also tomorrow night on CBS, AFI is showing 100 Years...100 Movie Quotes, it comes on a 7pm. Just a reminder if anyone wants to watch it.

3. Mando_Ithorian

Mando_Ithorian Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Thanks for the tip, Wicket! I'm watching it now!

(I about died when William Shatner was the first celebrity on-stage to open the festivities! Funny, funny, funny.)

4. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    I agree, that ceremony was awsome! Do you'll think the stormtroopers uesed were FanForce members from the 501st? That would have been cool.

Anyway, watched it and agree, it was about time he was aknowledged. I sure hope that this comes out on the Episode III DVD or even packegded alone. I would surely buy it. I don't know how many times I teared up. Especially when the original trilogy stars were reunited on stage. That was so spellbounding. I will never forget it.

5. DARTH-ICE-C

DARTH-ICE-C Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    I admit I got a little choked up a few times too. It made me think about how Star Wars has been with me most of my life. I actually caught myself thanking George too at the end of the show. I'm happy he got this award for his work. It was well deserved. Looking forward to I.J.4 too.

6. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    What is IJ4? Also, I stood up and applauded when everyone else did. Jacqui thought I was stupid.

7. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    IJ4=Indiana Jones 4

8. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I suppose since I did not know what IJ4 was, she was right! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.