George Lucas wusses out, cuts Jar Jar's lines

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by BothofUs, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightOB1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Jar Jar was Uncle Palpy's tool.

Jar Jar was the fiddle that was played while Mustafar (Rome) was burning.
  2. brobertsumc Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would have liked to see Jar Jar used as a sort of barometer for how the galaxy is changing as the Dark Side takes over. In TPM, he was an innocent and naive sort, I think it would have been very dramatic to have him transform, not necessarily into an evil character, but into a more sober, militant, even bitter character. Then he could sort of personify how everything is changing as the "shroud of the Dark Side" falls over everyting.
  3. CC-11-120 Jedi Knight

Jar Jar was a TERRILBLE charicter. He was stupid and boring, but it annoys me how george obsesses over him in TPM, but then jar jar gets 10 sec total in the other two. Very very bad idea.
  4. sepharih Jedi Knight

star 2
    ^I agree. I didn't like Jar Jar at all in TPM. But at the same time I didn't want him GONE in the next too films. I just was hoping to see him mature since the events of the first film. It would have been a great way to show just how much has really changed between episodes one and two, and it would have given him more depth than just a one dimensional comic relief character.
  5. Vaders_Right_Hand Jedi Knight

star 1
    VRH
    Jar Jar is the reason the jedi were killed. In episode 2 he said at a senate meeting he proposed that Palpatine should get full control of the military during emergencies which was during the whole war thus making that plan 662 or something close to that. So if George Lucas made Jar Jar say another line it would have favored Palpitine thus messing everything up so that makes Lucas a wuss becuase he would probably want him to look good.
  6. Antrojedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Don't know if this has already been answered in one of the previous 15 pages of this thread (I'm too lazy to look through them all) but is that Jar Jar that says "Excuse me" in the scene where the Mace, the Senate members and Palpatine are walking away soon after Anakin lands the ship and they all have a brief discussion?
  7. PhishMan06 Jedi Padawan

In my opinion im glad Jar-Jar is gone. He was way to over the top and was a character that just made me questtion the whole Star Wars franchise as a whole.
  8. MK_Jedi_5 Jedi Knight

This is got to be the stupidest thread that I have seen on TFN. Wussed out by cutting Jar-Jar out of the ROTS? He wussed out by putting him in the PT in the first place. Mainly to attract the 5 and 6 year olds. Binks is like something outta a episode of Sponge Bob Square Pants. Were GL wussed out on is the Tuskin slaughter part in AOTC,cut out didnt make whatever.
  9. Vaders_Right_Hand Jedi Knight

star 1
    VRH
    Mesa thinksas that Jar Jar was a great character.
  10. Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yep, Lucas did wuss out.

I can stand Jar Jar. I actually kinda liked him. I just can't stand Jake Loyyd. Worst part of Star Wars is young Anakin/Jake Loyyd.

Can't stand him. Can stand Jar Jar though!
  11. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Jar Jar is the reason the jedi were killed. In episode 2 he said at a senate meeting he proposed that Palpatine should get full control of the military during emergencies which was during the whole war thus making that plan 662 or something close to that. So if George Lucas made Jar Jar say another line it would have favored Palpitine thus messing everything up so that makes Lucas a wuss becuase he would probably want him to look good.

Palpatine was already having Jedi killed, before AOTC even began, as a thousand Jedi died over the course of a decade.
  12. Vaders_Right_Hand Jedi Knight

star 1
    VRH
    Let me rephrase that. When they did that plan 6 thing Jar Jar gave him the power to do that.
  13. MeBeJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "Save for dividing the fans, the rest of your statement about ruining TPM is opinion."

The very fact that he divided the fan base is a pretty big clue.

"I don't think Padme was too mad at Jar Jar, as evidence by his still having a place as an aide."

This was Lucas' decision, not Padme's. She's not real.

"Palpatine was already having Jedi killed, before AOTC even began, as a thousand Jedi died over the course of a decade."

Jar Jar was instrumental in helping Palpatine institutionalize the slaughter of the Jedi. Prior to this, Palpatine had to do so covertly.
  14. Vaders_Right_Hand Jedi Knight

star 1
    VRH
    GL was a wuss becuase many people love jar jar for his say optimistic personality.
  15. Sith_wookie_warrior Jedi Knight

star 1
    http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0C8QKBHEMXDSL3K7C43MHKLZKU

this should be in the movie, i feel it captures the inner JAR in us all, its one of my works, copy and paste the link in the address bar.
  16. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    More people attribute it TPM problem to the writing and directing than to Jar Jar Binks. It's still only an opinion that the film was ruined by him.

Funny, I don't recall a character named Lucas. Who is this Lucas you speak of? :p

It would've happened with or without Jar Jar. All Jar Jar did was try to help out the Republic.

And again, how can Lucas cave into fan pressure when he explictly says that he doesn't care what we think?
  17. Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Wow!
    People hate Lucas for creating Jar Jar, now they slag him for taking him out.
    What's the guy supposed to do to please you guys...?
  18. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    Can't please everyone

So I guess he decided to do what most would to, and please the vast vast vast majority of fans and viewers.
  19. Lars_Muul Chosen One

star 6
    He followed the story, nothing else.

OMG, the rabbit!
    /LM
  20. BothofUs Jedi Master

star 4
    People hate Lucas for creating Jar Jar, now they slag him for taking him out.
    What's the guy supposed to do to please you guys...?

These are two entirely different groups of people.
  21. Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Whingers are whingers in my book... :p
  22. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    Not entirely different...we're all viewers of star wars. maybe not all are necessarily fans, but they're viewers all the same. And it's a well known fact that most people detest Jar Jar.

Look at it this way: ROTS is an incredibly dark, depressing movie. And its very questionable as to the amount of little kids who go to see it. Jar Jar is directed for kids. Does it make sense to put comedy relief and humor right next to a scene where younglings are being slaughtered, or during another real serious part?
  23. Vaders_Right_Hand Jedi Knight

star 1
    VRH
    They should have made Jar Jar become some dark jedi. It would have been so funny there would have been another extra five hundred million dollars.
  24. PrinceHector Jedi Knight

star 2
    Although he was a okay idea in the first place, he was by far too much of a distraction in TPM, and was cut for good reason. However I wouldn't have a problem if Anakin cuts him in half while on a rampage somewhere in ROTS or something.
  25. BothofUs Jedi Master

star 4
    A sad scene involving Padme and Jar Jar that mirrored their scene on Coruscant from TPM would have been beautiful.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.