main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit George Reads (And Pays For) SW Comics!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by EternalHero, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006

I would debate GL to the hilt!

Ulicus likes this.
  2. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Really? I didn't get that impression. I liked what they did with Onderon, but I can't say it looks just like the TOTJ version.

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I've got to compliment George for the whole deal. I like that he actually went into a comic shop and bought some stuff. More people should be supportive of those stores.

BigAl6ft6, Vthuil and Pfluegermeister like this.
  4. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I think it was close enough considering there was a 4,000 year time difference. Onderon looked (arguably) somewhat different in KOTOR II as well, yet you still got a similar vibe for it.

Either way, George tended to be miserly towards the novel canon, but only in recent years (where it was implied he was starting to think about his ep 7-9 drafts anyway). In the 90s, he pretty heavily promoted and endorsed the EU, even supposedly giving tips and input for the ToTJ series (from which Onderon originated, of course), and he was confirmed to have at least read Courtship of Leia during TCW production.

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    Oh George looking good and (I hope so) feeling good !;)
    Besides he always read some Legends comics and books and had some influence on them.