main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

George W Bush: Evil Sith Master in Disguise???

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by evilseabass, Sep 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilseabass

evilseabass Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    DarthSapient wouldnt let me post this in the EP3 Spoilers Forum, so here goes:

You're probably wondering: "What the hell is evilseabass getting at, and why is he posting it here?"

Well allow me to elaborate:

First, we must compare the Galactic Senate to the United States Senate. Each state in the USA has senators who represent the interests of the people who live in their respective states; similar to the functions of the Galactic Senators who represent the interests of their respective worlds.

Due to the Separatist Movement, Palpatine asks the Galactic Senate for (and receives) emergency powers that will help him achieve order and restore the separatist worlds to the Republic. He then refuses to give up those powers and eventually turns the once-peaceful Republic into the militaristic Empire where he (The Emperor) has complete and total control.

As some of you may know, President Bush has been asking congress to pass legislation that would give him "emergency powers" with which to wage the "War on Terror". With this power he would have the ability to make sweeping regulations, command decisions, and basically have free reign to do as he sees fit concerning the "War on Terror"

...sounds awefully similar to the plot in AOTC to me...

So, what does this have to do with EP3, you ask? maybe George Lucas hasnt written the script yet because he is waiting to see what happens in REAL life! We'll have to see if this legislation gets passed by congress, and if GW Bush relinquishes that power after the War on Terror...

If you wanna know what happens in EP3, just do what Lucas is doing...wait for the REAL events to happen!

hehe, just kidding! Im actually a Republican myself, and am just having a little fun.

2. cal_silverstar

cal_silverstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Hey,I was gonna start a thread like this!

Yeah, traditionally I thought of Palpatine as Hitler, but in light of current events, he seems closer Bush.

Here's another parallel:
    The Geonosians are developing the ultimate weapon of mass destuction.

The Iraqis could have and may be devloping weapons of mass destruction.

Could it be that Saddam & Bush are actually in league? Is Prime Minister Tony Blair the Jar-Jar of this world for his support of Bush? Is Al Gore the Bail Organa?

3. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    No, I think Bush himself is closer to Jar Jar more then anyone else. He's being used as a puppet by the true Sith lord (in this case, Darth Cheney.)

4. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Darth Cheney

You beat me to it, MGK.

5. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    But comparing Bush to Sidious gives Bush way too much credit as far as intelligence. I don't think he could scheme his way out of a box.

6. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    George W Bush: Evil Sith Master in Disguise?

LOL! Funny cuz its true. Palpy should take notes.

7. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Palpatine knew what he was doing, Bush not!

8. Shadows_of_the_Sith

Shadows_of_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2002
    Bush is more like Vallorm. Once his term is up, the true pauply will show himself.

PS; Bill Clinton reminded me of Jar Jar the most

9. ferelwookie

ferelwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    DarthDuyba is a retard.

Everyone knows the REAL Sith lord is DarthRumsfield! :D

10. MasterAero

MasterAero Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2002
    Funny stuff..
    I would say the two Sith Masters are Darth Bill and Darth Hillary. Their mind tricks are unmatched.

"you will forget what the definition of is is"

"I am from New York..not Arkansas"

..and many more.

11. HavocHound

HavocHound Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    "I don't think he could scheme his way out of a box."

That's a good thing if you ask me.

~~~~~

And there's no way Bill Clinton could be Jar Jar! NO WAY AT ALL!! Clinton was, is, and always will be a murderous lacky of big government. Same with his master, Hillary.

~~~~~

I voted for Bush. And I'm glad we have an Electoral College to speak for those who might not go with the flow of the majority. The US IS NOT a democracy. We're a republic. Democracy is oppression. Democracy is the rule of the majority at the expense of individual liberty. Under direct democracy, individuals who might not entirely agree with the greater whole get ostracized into oblivion, or executed, or exiled.

12. Ariana Lang

Ariana Lang Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    ::beats head against wall::

Dubya could not have graduated from Yale if he didn't have SOME intelligence. He actually made a higher score on his SAT's than Gore did.

13. MetalGoldKnight

Jul 31, 2002
    Not many good political leaders out there... I suppose Bush is better then Gore probably would've been, but he's still not all that great a president. And he really is being told what to do by people around him- Vice President Cheney, Colin Powell, and his father, the original George Bush. My main problem with Bush's decisions is he doesn't take time to think things over, like how immediatly after the tradgedy of 9/11 Bush 'strikes back' by having us attack Afghanistan. A year later, and what have we gained from defeating the Taliban? Did it affect Bin Laden or Al-Queda or any of the people behind the terrorist attacks? No. Sure, Afghanistan now has a more democratic government, at the cost of both the lives of US soldiers and innocent Afghan civilans, but did this in any way achieve anything that would prevent another attack? Not at all. And now Bush, as eager for war as ever, is going to make a preemptive strike on Iraq.

14. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    John Howard is R2 D2.

15. JediRuler

JediRuler Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2002
    George Bush got an 1100 on his SAT's (100 less than my 13 year old friend), there for there is no way he could be Palpatine because Palpatine is sooooooo much more devious and smarter! :p

16. eclipseSD

eclipseSD Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Why does this thread seem like another "Dubya is an idiot hack who doesn't deserve his office" thread?

This thread should be shut down as the discussion is distasteful and has nothing to do with Star Wars what so ever?

Liberals, what will they think of next?

[face_plain]

17. JediRuler

JediRuler Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2002
    This has to with Star Wars. Evilseabass is making a connection with George W. Bush/American Politics and Palplatine/Star Wars Politics! :p

18. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    "Dubya could not have graduated from Yale if he didn't have SOME intelligence."

Its called money. People who have it and come from powerful families, like men who are the son of former presidents, don't receive failing grades. They are all a part of the Skull and Bones crap anyhow, so their classwork matters so little.

"He actually made a higher score on his SAT's than Gore did."
    ...... Big whoop. I had a 1400, that beats Bush, and a 150 IQ. Make me Prez. 8-}

"Liberals, what will they think of next? "

Well, I think we are still riding high from that Social Security idea of FDR's, and now we are trying to fix it after all the conservatives screwed it up.

Now, I think we are going to ensure that women, blacks, and gays all have equal rights. How novel.

19. bearded_one75

bearded_one75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2002
    Darth Reign: "John Howard is R2D2". ?!? I'd say Howard is Moff Jejerrod, or some other dimwitted Imp who just hangs onto the cloak of Darth Bush (the least effective Sith Lord in recorded history!).

20. cal_silverstar

cal_silverstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Bush is spreading U.S. forces too thinly, and losing focus on the original campaign in Afghanistan w/ the hunt for Bin Laden and Mullah Muhammed Omar. Will we abandon Afghanistan again like the 80's to focus on this new front in Iraq? Bush definitely lacks the "Unifying Force" that shows him the big picture and the consequences of such action. That's where his similarity w/ Sidious ends.

I got a 1050 on my SAT. My God! I got a lower score than President Bush? I must be in the same camp as **gulp** Dan Quayle. I'll go eat my baked potatoe now.

21. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    It`s the truth!!!! Bring the pitchforks were going to Washington!!!! [face_devil]

22. MetalGoldKnight

Jul 31, 2002
    "Liberals, what will they think of next?"

Funny you say that, since I'm not liberal at all. Most of my opinions are actually pretty conservative. I just can't stand Bush, he keeps making stupid decisions that he obviously doesn't think out.

23. yoda1982

yoda1982 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    To go along with the Bush as a Sith Master plot that would make Bush aware of the 9/ll events. Which is really really unlikely. But how crazy would it be if that was true. Say Bush had tried to get a war started to get emergency powers but was unsuccessful. So he works with Bin Laden or knows about it and does nothing. (just like FDR and pearl harbor). That takes the allusion from TPM. Just think of Darth Maul as Osama Bin Laden. Then the AOTC part is what is happening now with Iraq. Could Colin Powell be the Mace Windu of our country or the Yoda. The UN is really similar to the Republic. More bickering than action. Any opinions or other crazy ideas.

24. SONOFBEN

SONOFBEN Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2002
    Darth Bush isn't as smart as Palpatine by any means. Bush says too much, we know almost everything by watching the news, doesn't he know that sadam is watching CNN right now. Palpatine only lets out what he wants out, he's a briliant politician. We are living in a scary time. If the Republicans gain control of the senate, President Dumbass will get anything and everything he desires. Our country will be run more like a Dictatorship then. And whoever said we are spreading our military too thin is exactically right, remember how rome fell. We're next, I'm with Drac39 it's almost time for a rebellion.

25. yoda1982

yoda1982 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    Who will be the Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker of the US then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.