main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Macon, GA GEORGIA FanForce get together

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Allie Fox, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    This is what I posted to the other city forums. We can express our interest here.

Greetings from the mid-state.

One of our Clones(Grand Admiral Jedi) has proposed that we get together with the Atlanta group for a little mixing and mingling. He specifically suggested meeting for some LaZer TaG. All of the Clones agree that this is a great idea. To make it even better, why not invite everyone from Georgia's FanForce along for the fun?

First thing that needs to be done is to see who's interested. I've posted this message in each of the Georgia forums. Take the idea up at your next meeting and run it by those that might not have seen it and "discuss it in committee." ;)

We'll need to set a date. We Clones would like to do this in April(but we're flexible, our genetic structure has been modified to make us less independent than the original host). Saturday is usually the best day of the week so that leaves the 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th.

Next we'll need a location. After a few minutes of searching for a place to play I turned up a few in the suburban Atlanta area that might suit our needs.

UltraZone - This place is at Six Flags and is open from 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. The games are $5 for one, less for more.

Q-Zar - It seems to fit the needs of our group rather well. It's a little pricier at $7.50 per game but it looks like a pretty impressive facility. Check out the website here

Lazer Worx - Another nice looking location. $5 per game. Check them out at their website

All facilities have plans for large groups.

If we can come up with this information, we can get the ball rolling and start planning. I'll be checking back. If you need anything else let me know. PM me or email Macon_Clones@fanforce.net

This will be on the agenda this Friday.

2. Grand_Admiral_Jedi

Grand_Admiral_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Personally, I would vote for April 5th or 26th. April 12th I'll be gone and April 19th is Easter weekend so I doubt that would work out for people.

3. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    The folks in my chapter have already agreed that this is a great idea. :)

I'll vote for April 26th, as that will give my group time to recover from getting together for events on the third and fourth Saturdays of March. But, that's just my suggestion. Whatever works for the most folks will be fine. The Hothlanta Rebels should have a good turnout no matter when the event is held.

4. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    I talked with Bill of Q-Zar Atlanta. He said that there are two ways to do this.

1) We can reserve our time in advance with an up-front fee. For a group of about twenty people(the minimum required) this fee will be about $135. At $13.50 per person you get two games and a drink.

2) We can simply meet there on the day of the event and go in "every man for himself" style. General admission is $7.50 per game.

It looks like the best date to hold this little get together will be Saturday April 26. The place opens at 10:00 a.m.; I think in order to give the "Ootmians" time to get there, a good time to meet would be sometime between 12:00 - 1:00.

Thoughts? Ideas?

5. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I was just reminded by my Vice-President that the Hothlanta Rebels have planned a group outing to the Georgia Renaissance Festival on April 26th (memory is the first thing to go with age. :p ) So, if we can schedule the laser tag for another weekend, that would probably work better for us.

I apologize, I really don't mean to make things difficult, but I thought that the Ren Fest outing was for the next weekend.

6. Grand_Admiral_Jedi

May 26, 2002
    Friday night the 18th might work, but once again your getting into Easter stuff for people.

7. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    What about April 12th? A few of the other Hothlanta Rebel officers seem to think that day might work out well for us. :)

April 18th or 19th might not be the most ideal date, due to that being Easter weekend, but I think that several Hothlanta Rebs would probably come, as not all of us are going out of town or have family coming into town.

Don't y'all just love trying to come to a consensus? :p

8. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    I'm not so sure about April 12th. GAJ has made it clear that he won't be in town tht day. Since it was his idea, I'd really like to have him present.

What if we moved the date to May 3rd? How does that sound?

9. Grand_Admiral_Jedi

May 26, 2002
    May 3rd, works well for me. The big thing for me is just setting something in stone soon so that I can plan my schedule around having that date open.

10. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Okay folks! In order to get to where we are going in time we are going to need to meet in Macon pretty early. Allowing two and a half hours of travel time, meeting at the Barnes and Noble at 9:00 a.m. would be when we need to have the cavalry rallied.

The other question is: Who's driving? If there are four or less going than perhaps we should carpool and chip in for gas. If more than four show up than we can caravan up there in however many vehicles we need to take.

B&N opens at 9:00. I'll see you there (and I'll bring the doughnuts). ;)

11. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Doughnuts? Did someone mention doughnuts? ;)

I look forward to seeing y'all on Saturday! :)

12. whipwarrior

whipwarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    See you Clones tomorrow! May the Force Be With You!

-Dale

13. whipwarrior

Oct 25, 2002
    We had a really great day Saturday, and we even picked up a few Star Wars figures!!! I'll step back now and let Charles regale everyone with the tale of his magnificent find of a rare variation figure.

-Dale

14. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Ah! The Thrill of VICTORY!

This past Saturday (May 3rd) the Macon Clones met the Hothlanta Rebels at the Q-Zar Lazer Tag center in Duluth. We trekked there in Grand Admiral Jedi?s KIAllenium Falcon arriving at about 11:30 in the morning. The facility was pretty empty when we got there so GAJ, litllejedi and whipwarrior played an early game to get familiar with the surroundings. I headed out into the Venture Mall looking for a camera (as I forgot mine as usual). After their game was complete and I returned from an unsuccessful attempt to find a camera, we snuck up on the Rebels who were waiting for us and others at the front door.

After a meet and greet and a little chit-chat, we headed to the arena.

It was obvious that some had done their homework. Allie Fox was decked out in white socks, shorts and shirt, which would have been great if I was selling ?Good Humor? ice cream. Unfortunately I was playing lazer tag in a black light lit facility. I was glowing like a renegade program headed for the MCP (a TRON reference for those who?ve never seen it). The Clones strategy was to keep two at the base and send two out for attack. I?m not into strategy and thought that ?Shock and Awe? would be best so I headed for the Rebel?s base along with GAJ and LJ while ww was left to defend our base by himself. After much confusion on my part, mostly because I didn?t know what the heck I was doing, I wound up defending the base against an attack of Rebels that didn?t seem to let up. They were hitting me from all sides (mostly the side that Andy was on as I was hit by him a whopping 19 times). The idea is to run for cover when your hit so your weapon can recharge. I didn?t know this because I didn?t listen to LJ when he gave me this tip as we were walking into the arena. The Rebels had the lead until the last few minutes. Thanks to GAJ, ww and mostly LJ, the attacks on the Rebel base were successful and we pulled a victory out of our helmets. I have to say, ?Without those Clones, it would not have been a victory.? After the game we gloated as much as we could, claiming, ?Ain?t gonna be no rematch. We goin? out on top.? We met again at Dave & Busters for lunch and got a bunch of tips from James on how to conduct ourselves at Dragon*Con. I know that I?ll be looking from Admiral Motti (Richard LeParmentier) while I?m there.

A few Targets, Toys R us and other toy stores and we were on our way home. We all had a great time and hope the Atlanta folks did also. We?ll need to try it again on a larger scale. We sure missed Augusta, Columbus and LaGrange as well as most of the Altanta folks. Maybe next time. . .

Next stop for the Clones:

The Matix ? Reloaded!

15. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Y'all got lucky. We were kicking your arses till the last two minutes. ;)

I must say that a good time was had by all. While the Hothlanta Rebels turnout was small, it worked out rather well because we ended up having equal numbers of people on both of our teams.

A few Clones took cheap shots at me while I was recharging my weapon. Shame on you! :p

16. whipwarrior

Oct 25, 2002
    LOL!!!

Guilty as charged. Too bad none of my cheap shots actually counted, as my gun was empty at the time.

-Dale

17. Grand_Admiral_Jedi

May 26, 2002
    Minacia Brightstar, you should know from Star Wars that the heroes always get beat down until the last two minutes. :)

Anyway, fun was had by all, it's just a shame that Macon has to announce its retirement from all future Georgia Fan Force events.

18. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Contrary to the claim by Ms. Brightstar that we got lucky (and took "pot shots") the Clones posted a well-earned defeat of the Rebels. We simply took out the shield generators at the last minute and destroyed the "Rebel" base.

For the final results, see here.

:p

19. litllejedi

litllejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2001
    Much thanks to the Hothlanta rebels for a great game and great company. Indeed they are powerful as Allie "the Emperor" Fox had forseen. I for one will look forward to all future outings, be they revelry or revenge.

20. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I for one will look forward to all future outings, be they revelry or revenge.

Or perhaps a little bit of both revelry and revenge. The two can go hand in hand. [face_devil]

There is one thing that we all did agree on once our laser tag match was done: we needed to adjourn to a place with better air conditioning. We all worked up a sweat while we were running around shooting at each other. :p

Also, a few tips to consider when playing laser tag: Don't wear white, as you'll light up like a Christmas tree when you hit the blacklight-lit game zone (Allie, you know of what I speak. ;) ). Memorize where your team's gun recharger is located (or you'll spend precious seconds trying to recharge your gun at the wrong station, like I did), and be sure that your back is always to a wall if you are hunkering down to try your hand at sniper attacks (or you'll get shot in the back, like I did). ;)

21. MoffSienar

MoffSienar Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2001
    Hi All,

James "Moff Sienar" Smith of the GA501st here. I am pleased to have been able to meet the 4 Clones that came up to Atlanta for the Q-Zar game and lunch at Dave & Busters! You guys were great fun and I do look forward to a rematch. Hopefully, we can get Augusta, Lagrange, and Columbus in on the fun as well for the next GA Fanforce outting! The more is definitely the merrier when folks like ourselves gather!

I look forward to seeing you all at Dragoncon........where MUCH FUN WILL BE HAD BY ALL, I GUARANTEE!......and possibly sooner. The GA501st is planning on coming out to Columbus in June for the Wardogs Arena Football game and we are also discussing a bunch of events that we'd love to have you join in on (if you'd like)........like the GA State Fair.

Anywhoo.......if anyone would like to keep track of all the stuff that we are doing in the GA501st, please email me at Sienarsys1@aol.com and I'll get you the info hookup. We are proud to do a lot of events with the local Hothlanta Rebels (as many of the GA501st folks are members of that great club too)and look forward to helping in any way we can to help strengthen the ties and friendships between ALL the SW fans here in GA.

TTYL,

James "Moff Sienar" Smith
    ID/IC/IS/TK/SL 0271
    Dark Lord of the Smith
    501st Stormtrooper Legion
    GA Garrison CO / GML
    Hothlanta Rebel

22. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Great to hear from you James!

We'll keep in touch. I'd love to get together again. I'll ask everyone about the Columbus AFL game.

23. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Hey James! *waves* :D

I'm really looking forward to Dragon*Con. It's going to be a blast!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.