main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

GEORGIA FanForce get together

Discussion in 'Archive: LaGrange, GA' started by Allie Fox, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Greetings from the mid-state.

One of our Clones(Grand Admiral Jedi) has proposed that we get together with the Atlanta group for a little mixing and mingling. He specifically suggested meeting for some LaZer TaG. All of the Clones agree that this is a great idea. To make it even better, why not invite everyone from Georgia's FanForce along for the fun?

First thing that needs to be done is to see who's interested. I've posted this message in each of the Georgia forums. Take the idea up at your next meeting and run it by those that might not have seen it and "discuss it in committee." ;)

We'll need to set a date. We Clones would like to do this in April(but we're flexible, our genetic structure has been modified to make us less independent than the original host). Saturday is usually the best day of the week so that leaves the 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th.

Next we'll need a location. After a few minutes of searching for a place to play I turned up a few in the suburban Atlanta area that might suit our needs.

UltraZone - This place is at Six Flags and is open from 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. The games are $5 for one, less for more.

Q-Zar - It seems to fit the needs of our group rather well. It's a little pricier at $7.50 per game but it looks like a pretty impressive facility. Check out the website here

Lazer Worx - Another nice looking location. $5 per game. Check them out at their website

All facilities have plans for large groups.

If we can come up with this information, we can get the ball rolling and start planning. I'll be checking back. If you need anything else let me know. PM me or email Macon_Clones@fanforce.net

2. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    I talked with Bill of Q-Zar Atlanta. He said that there are two ways to do this.

1) We can reserve our time in advance with an up-front fee. For a group of about twenty people(the minimum required) this fee will be about $135. At $13.50 per person you get two games and a drink.

2) We can simply meet there on the day of the event and go in "every man for himself" style. General admission is $7.50 per game.

It looks like the best date to hold this little get together will be Saturday April 26. The place opens at 10:00 a.m.; I think in order to give the "Ootmians" time to get there, a good time to meet would be sometime between 12:00 - 1:00.

Thoughts? Ideas?

3. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Change of plans.

Check your calenders for May 3rd.

I'll post details as the date approaches.

I hope to see you then.

4. darthmrw

darthmrw Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    Saturday is good for me, except that I may be doing a family reunion thing in April, but others are OK. Please let me know a couple of weeks ahead of time.

5. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Hello Tiger Squadron! I wanted to update you on the Lazer Tag meeting. I talked with Bill at Q-Zar again. He advised me that the every man for himself option might take us as many as three hours to get in. We can reserve a room for 20 people for $120. This can be "held" on a credit card and paid for at the door. We will NEED to have twenty peopple there otherwise we'll have to split the cost of whatever vacancies we have.

I'm willing to reserve the room but only if I have a confirmed number players(at least 20). I'm pretty certain that there will be at least five "Clones." I'll know for sure by the middle of the week.

If we can have everyone who will be attending R.S.V.P. by the 19th [Bill Lumbergh voice]that would be GREAT![Bill Lumbergh voice].

Cheers!

AF

6. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Hey guys! Just checkin' in to see if anyone from LaGrange will be able to make it to the Lazer Tag meeting this weekend. We sure would like to see you there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.