main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Celebration II

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by snap-hiss, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I thought a social thread for counting down the days to Celebration II would be a good idea. Have fun.

------------------------------------------------------
    Here is the info from the E2 Countdown:

A bit of history:

This thread is the merger of two previously terrific threads: the countdown thread and the social thread. As was true with the last social thread: THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE. This is the one social thread that this forum will allow.

Fortunately for you in the 'line', this is a very laid back line. No one is first, and no one is last. You don't have to sit in the hot sun, as we're inside There's also a nice bar, and we get live entertainment in here. Pass the time with the pool tables, air hockey, video games, and the big screen holo-projectors. But be ready each day to celebrate being another day closer to Star Wars: Episode II!!

Here is the message from the "Countdown Thread"'s original creator, "hew":

"Estimating that Episode 2 will open on May 22, 2002 (the Wednesday before Memorial Day weekend), that leaves just 583 days left until the next installment in the Star Wars saga hits the big screen!"

This thread will be updated daily. (And for the record, hew's previous threads counted down from day 1022 through day 668, until their untimely demise, and my thread counted down from 667 through to the present date)

Parts 1-3 of the original Countdown, created by hew on the UBB are now lost forever.

Part 4: [created by hew] This is the link, but the thread is no longer available
    Part 5: [created by epic] The OFFICIAL Countdown Thread To Episode II

Also, it would be very cool if we can keep a daily update on the latest Episode II related news, info, rumours and general information; as to create a "historical" feel for us all to look back on in months and years to come. Don't you wish you could have had a record of all the "goss" leading up to Episode I...not only to laugh over how silly some of the rumours actually were, but also to remember the good times shared as the anticipation for the new Prequel approached? Well, this CAN be a reality in this thread! Feel free to include all the info you can on a daily basis, not matter how silly the current rumours are but more importantly, to share in the fun and the anticpation for Episode II as one group of extrememly dedicated Star Wars fans.

So, in conclusion, feel free to discuss anything from the latest Star Wars spoilers to the ability to write prayers on a grain of rice. It's up to you. This is *our* thread!

Welcome, and enjoy!

[Special thanks to "hew", the original creator of the Countdown threads, and "Vertical", who has had great input into this thread's finished product.]

-----------------------------------------------

81 days.

!snap

2. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    ::sets up camp outside the Indianapolis Convention Center::

Well, let's see what I can add. I just looked through some old email and found that it was first reported late in March 2001 that the Celebration would be in Indianapolis. Therefore, I've had my hotel reservations since early-April 2001. LOL! My passes and fan club lanyard arrived about a month ago... and now I'm just counting down the time.

I'll be driving from Fort Worth, Texas with my girlfriend (who I first met at the Star Wars Celebration in Denver, ironically) and a friend. We plan to arrive in Indy on Wednesday, May 1 and leave on Monday, May 6. We have a group of suites at the Comfort Suites a couple of blocks away from the Convention Center for our group of friends who got together in Denver. There will be people in my group from Brooklyn, Philadelphia, California, Tennessee, Maine, Ohio, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Anyway, I'm definitely psyched about the Celebration coming up.... and I hope to meet some of you guys there!

3. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    You met your girlfriend at Celebration? That's crazy. [face_shocked]

!snap

4. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    *gets in line...tries to flaunt being misquoted in this breaking news story the same day news of the Indy Celebration broke....to no avail*

Does this social thread have a bar? Oh, there it is and I see my custom dug bar stool is ready and waiting. Oh joy. Bartender, a round of Gungan ale for everyone on the house. ;)

5. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    [image=http://www.snackpants.com/CPAFF/CA0PA723.gif]

574 miles...

!snap

6. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Snap... Yep! We have a mutual friend who is a huge Star Wars fan, so she introduced us in Denver. We instantly clicked and have been together ever since.

I could write a mushy novel called "Cold, Rain, Lines, & Love - A Star Wars Celebration Story".

LOL! :)

7. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Hi Everyone. My present girlfriend wasnt my girlfriend when Cele I went on here in Denver. I bought her a ticket just to go as a friend, but she wasnt into it. Well she is my g-friend now and I turned her to the darkside. She knows so much since then about the SW movies, its hilarious. we will be seeing you all very shortly in Indy.

8. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    Well she is my g-friend now and I turned her to the darkside. She knows so much since then about the SW movies, its hilarious.

Same here.

!snap

9. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Not to brag, but....
    [image=http://www.sportg.com/brian/pics/map.jpg] :p ;)

My wife wants to come for one day to see the "freak show". I'm kinda glad she's not into SW...keeps me somewhat grounded in realty. Grounded might not be right, I can still see the ground anway. ;)

10. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    [image=http://a5nyc.50megs.com/misc/3c68695f-000d9-0433a-400c330a.gif]

Brooklyn, NY
    to
    Indianapolis, IN

Total Distance: 713.54 miles
    Total Estimated Time: 12 hours, 21 minutes

11. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    18 hours for us. We are thinking of leaving at 10pm that wed night before so we might get there before the sun goes down. Dont want to be to tired on Friday. Anyone else here a fan club member? Will the hour advantage really help that much? Just asking because I'm debating on if we should join. We are staying at the Embassy Suites right across the Dome.

12. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I don't know....everyone's pratcially a fan club member, so everyone's going to be getting in to things early. Being able to get into the fan only "chill" area might be worth it. A subcription to the Insider isn't bad either.

13. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    What about the exclusive figure, will you only be limited to one? I'm just nervous that some might not get atleast one due to collectors being able to buy 20 at a time.

14. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    they will be selling a limited amount of figures each day. I would imagine there would be a limit.

15. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Hope thats the case.

16. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah, there's a set number of figures they are going to put out for sale each day, and I believe a limited number you can purchase at a time (more than 1, probably 2 or 3 maybe).

17. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I'm comin' from Chicago with my dad! w00t! I'm meeting my best internet friend at the Celebration so I can't wait! :)

I'm too lazy to do Mapquest as of now, but my dad and mine's best assumptions place the time between 3-4 hours. YAY! :D

:mad: I hate you Seb-X. :mad:

Hee hee hee! :p

18. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    *saunters in, kicks her heels up on the bar, puts her lightsabre down, and orders up a nice cocktail*

Well...I don't mean to brag but...:
    [image=http://www.indyknights.com/CA8RCPED.gif]

8 minutes from my place in my car. I'd say 15-20 on my bike, which I might possibly utilize.

19. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    8 minutes? [face_shocked]

Besides that fact that you helped me a ton with finding hotels and stuff Shara, I don't like you. :mad: 8 MINUTES? 8 MINUTES?

Some people are too lucky. :p

20. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
  21. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    lol, NOW she edits in the whole bragging part. :p

22. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Actually, I think MapQuest must be smokin' some bad spice...probably should add another 5 minutes or so, give or take another 2 minutes if I hit a few extra red lights or a strong eastward blowing breeze. :D :D :D

I have no idea why I felt the need to edit in Sebulba getting ready to punch Jar Jar...just framed the bottom part of the map I guess. ;)

23. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Well, I know how to hit those lights right. It takes me 5 minutes hitting those lights right to get to our meetings, Seb.

And btw, I editted in the sauntering part, not the bragging :)

Yeah ok I'd say 10 minutes driving, tops.

24. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    You are closer, but I think you have twice as many stoplights, pedestrians with death wishes, and 25 MPH less speed limit than I. Hopefully the sale of my house doesn't fall thru again and we'll be moving a bit more east....alas, 1/2 hour to get to Celebration...woe is me.

*drinks troubles away*

Go ahead, I know you want to.... *waits for a slew of curses and unhappy faces from Sithman* [face_devil] [face_laugh]

25. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    You guys really make me sick, it's bad enough that you get the Celebration in your hometown, but now you have to get on here and tell everyone that it only takes you 10 or 12 minutes to get to the Convention Center.

The nerve of you people, I mean, when I hop in my car and have to drive for 19 minutes, it just burns me up that you guys gloat about how close you are. I think I speak for everyone around the country when I say...

Hee Hee!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.