main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Celebration II

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by snap-hiss, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Alright, alright...before everyone starts pulling out their lightsabers and blasters and ganing up on the locals...let us pause, and ponder the photoshopping wonder that is the Slave Natile picture:

[image=http://www.sportg.com/brian/pics/slave_natile_by_LED.jpg]

*Whilst the male gender is distracted, Seb-X jumps behind the bar and takes the last Gungan Ale, along with a bag of pretzels*

I wish I had created this...but all credit goes to the mysterious LED, whom I've yet to knowingly meet.

2. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH, so we are at one of those bars, excellent...

Now, Slave Nat would be an excellent choice for the exclusive Celebration figure!!!

3. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Actually, this is more of a saloon then one of those places. ;)

The wild, wild mid-west. [face_laugh]
    [image=http://www.sportg.com/brian/pics/ForAFewCreditsMore.jpg] [image=http://www.sportg.com/brian/pics/IShotTheSheriff.jpg] [image=http://www.sportg.com/brian/pics/Jango_and_SticeeGlu.jpg] [image=http://www.sportg.com/brian/pics/Outlaws.jpg]

Ah, but as the sign says at the front door: "No Blasters! We do serve droids though...if they have the proper id.

4. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I'm quite glad it's going to take awhile to get there. I've very much looking forward to the road trip aspect of the trip. A big van with five of my friends... should be a great time.

!snap

5. Grand Moff Touch

Grand Moff Touch Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 1999
    opens a Correllian Ale... not that's the stuff

You know, I am coming from California and it doesn't bother me at all that some lucky people are minutes away. I am just happy that I am able to make it to this one. Work interferred with the last one and could possibly with next. For this one, just had to schedule a work-related trip for right before the SW:CII, with a little pitstop on the way home.

lifts Ale to the Indy members present

6. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    My sources tell me it is a 10 hour drive from Minneapolis. I can't wait. :D I bet it will be worth every mile.

7. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Sebulba, that picture is AWESOME!

8. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Nah Seb, if I hop on Capital, there aren't as many lights, and it's 30 not 25 ;) I made it from my place to Tailgators which is at Ilinois and South in about 10 minutes the other night. I've just got the touch ;)
    *rolls her eyes at all the boys staring at the slave Natalie picture, finds a copy of Vanity Fair, and proceeds to drool over the dashing picture of Ewan*

Eh well it looks like I'm the only woman in here, gotta have something and well hayden just doesn't do it for me.

9. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    **gets in line**

Seb-X, those Wild Wild West pictures are hilarious. They made my morning much better.

And none of you can complain. I'm going to
    Indy from New Mexico. You know, down here by Texas and Arizona? ;)

EDIT: And by the way, Shara, you're not the only female in here anymore. You may still be the only woman, but now you have a female to keep you company. :)

10. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    LadyAnakinSkywalker, are you driving from New Mexico? A group of us from here are driving from Dallas/Fort Worth. We've estimated about a 14-hour drive. I love road trips, so I'm really looking forward to it. Getting there is half the fun... although coming back really sucks.

11. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Woo! Another lady. There's plenty of room, come in and sit awhile. Glad to have you here, LadyAnakinSkywalker

12. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I wonder what the male to female ratio will be at SWC2.

It seems over the last few years more females have come out of the "sw fan closet".

:)

13. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    I wonder what the male to female ratio will be at SWC2.

Well I'm going with four guys and one girl (myself included). I think that just might be pretty accurate on the whole.

!snap

14. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    I won't be driving, Grand Moff Joker, that's for sure. I'll be yoinking my dad's frequent flyer free tickets for the event. The only stipulation (spellcheck: did I spell that right?) is that my dad has to go with me. :) No complaints here. We also got a free car rental coupon that expires May 31st. Shouldn't be a bank account eating trip.

Thanks, Shara. I'm getting so excited for the convention, since its getting really close. I am super jealous of your location. How could a Star Wars fan be so lucky?

So, any speculation about the location of Celebration III?

15. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    If it's not in Indy again, i'd say Boston or Charlotte. Those are two larger of east coast cities that I'd think they'd pick, just going by size, security, and location. but that's just me.

But hey, I think it would rock if they came back here. Can't be thinking of too much about C3 because C2 hasn't even gotten here yet.

16. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    Its about a 4.5 hour drive from Nashville, TN. Not too bad. I am however planning on visiting my folks for a little bit (and dropping off my dog) which is another 2.5 hours north of there. I'll just pop in an audio book and the time will fly by. :) The other members of our fan force group that are going are driving as well. I think we are too close to fly anyways. I personally would rather spend the savings off air fare taking home some memorabilia from the convention :D

Moff, I never knew that you met your girlfriend at CBI in Denver. Thats really cool! :D If you two end up getting married, you've got to tell Lucasfilm. Ahhh, there still may be some hope for us single folk yet not all, but some :p Where for art thou dear slave Natalie [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Yeah right! AS IF!!!

17. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    <<orders a shot of a Tatooine Sun Spot. Takes a seat in the corner>>

I'm looking forward to the trip myself. 8 hours from Atlanta. If I get to drive the whole way, make it 7. However, I'm staying at the Marriott, so I should be no more than a 5 minute walk from my hotel room to the Celebration. Going home will definitely suck though.

On the topic of male/female ratio, I'm driving up with 3 lovely ladies. And I'll be the only male. And, I met my wife (who's coming with me) at a sci fi con when I was 16. We've been together 10 years now. Ain't geek love grand??

18. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Struts up to the bar, grabs the peanuts and orders a fizzy drink...

Another chick checkin' in... :)

Lots of women at Comic-Con this year...we're getting there <g>.

I envy all the folks who live in Indy...I'll be breaking out my walking shoes, my hotel is four blocks away (or so I've been told).

19. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Which way to the Star Wars Celebration Singles bar ;)

20. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    i think the singles bar might be the Fan club lounge, but I could be wrong.

ValedaKor, where are you staying?

21. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    [face_laugh] How many Fan Club members do you think will leave their significant others outside of the restricted areas so they can buy an action figure an hour earlier? Sounds like that would be the place to kick in the Lando smooth charm and pick up a new lady/guy friend.

"You look absolutely beautiful. You truly belong here with us among the clones."

"Thank you."

"Will you join me for a little refreshment?

:D "Colt 45, Works everytime!" ;)

22. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Fan Club Lounge, good idea. I must wear my best Star Wars attire. I have a pretty good idea on what shirts I will be bringing.

:)

23. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    I can tell you that my wife is as big of a fan as I am (okay, that's pushing it). but, she doesn't want to pay a price just to look around an hour early. She's used to smooth talking fan boys at conventions though. How do you think we hooked up? Unless Ewan McGregor makes a pass at her, I'm not really to worried about folks hitting on her. I don't think many guys could handle her (read into that what you will).

24. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    I hear that. :D

!snap

25. Nillanator

Nillanator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Add another woman to the list!!!!

Coming from Arkansas by plane.

And I was NEVER in that female closet that MysterySith speaks of...LOL

JaceDarkrider it will be nice to see you guys again. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.